OT: Lakers Take , take , take...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Now they know how it feels to go on the road for a second half of a back to back. So much for sitting for three days between games

cly2tw

Reaction score
How come we couldn't get the Aflalos, Keith Bogans, Carneys, Roger Masons on the cheap in a trade or as FA! :(

Aflalo did the job on Kobe as well as anybody. Denver has a better defensive awareness when doubling Kobe. Bynum is huge and got his despite superior defense Denver's bigmen have over the Suns.

Conclusion: once we get used to our new style of play ourselves and Amare and JRich with their new roles/task as the one-on-one scorer, plus some steady improvement on defense along the line we have been witnessing, we can ball with anyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Do you guys buy the analysts assumption that the Suns can't stand up to physical teams? That, if they're patient they can take the Suns out of their run and gun game and beat them down low on a consistent basis?

TJ

Reaction score
We stood up to Boston, who plays a physical style of ball. I think we can beat the Lakers. The goal is to hit the jumpers and not shoot below 40%. Make them respect the jumpers and pull their bigs out from under the paint and lanes will open up.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
We stood up to Boston, who plays a physical style of ball. I think we can beat the Lakers. The goal is to hit the jumpers and not shoot below 40%. Make them respect the jumpers and pull their bigs out from under the paint and lanes will open up.

It was pointed out the Celtics got into mostly a jump shooting contest with us.

I don't think teams will approach the Suns that way any more, unless they're the Warriors.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caption the photo!

attachment.php

Too easy.

"Good game, but remember...titles aren't won in November."

TJ

Reaction score
It was pointed out the Celtics got into mostly a jump shooting contest with us.

I don't think teams will approach the Suns that way any more, unless they're the Warriors.

Thats exactly my point. If we hit our shots and get ahead early, teams have little choice but to resort to chucking the ball up. EJ made a great point the other night. If the Suns can get the other team to engage in a shooting contest, they will always come ahead.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Most teams are not conditioned to play back to back games yet, doubt this many 2nd night blowouts are going to happen in the future.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you guys buy the analysts assumption that the Suns can't stand up to physical teams? That, if they're patient they can take the Suns out of their run and gun game and beat them down low on a consistent basis?
Yep.
I buy it because i've seen it happen over the course of many seasons over the years....not just because the talking heads say so. I would guess that the majority of this board doesn't buy into that though.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Physical teams can really take us out of our game if the refs let them. I think the main key is to be physical with Nash... he initiates the majority of our offense so if you can hack, bump, grab/hold & ride him everywhere (and the refs let you) then the Suns offense breaks down into a bunch of 1-on-1 garbage.

Being physical with the rest of our team doesn't affect us as much... the Celtics have a great defense and play physical, but they let Nash go wherever he wanted to and our offense flowed well.

Some games being physical works against other teams because the refs decide to call fouls. I guess it just depends on who the league office wants to win that night or who the refs have bet on.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

In the regular season, maybe not, but in the playoffs, certainly. Referees permit much more fouling in the playoffs, and that will always work to the advantage of "physical" teams. The reason that the Suns are always frustrated in the playoffs is that they don't get the calls that they grew accustomed to in the regular season.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where are all the 'Lakers brought back to reality' stories? The Suns lose one game to the Lakers and the media is ready to brush off the Suns hot start as a fluke. Lakers get whooped and it's just another early season game. Just more media Laker love I guess.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are all the 'Lakers brought back to reality' stories? The Suns lose one game to the Lakers and the media is ready to brush off the Suns hot start as a fluke. Lakers get whooped and it's just another early season game. Just more media Laker love I guess.

You gotta remember they are still the defending champion, not to mention they have a good record despite the absence of Pau.
I do think continuous absence of Pau will eventually hurt them as the season progresses unless Odom steps up big time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Rockets are doing just fine without McGrady and Yao Min. Beating the Lakers at home.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Looks like the Rockets are doing just fine without McGrady and Yao Min. Beating the Lakers at home.

Looks like they have found all the no-name great contributors on the cheap and stockpiled talent over the last couple of years. Their best player right now Brooks is only a late 1st-round pick. They got Scola, Lowry cheap. And, who is the Anderson guy? Even Budinger contributes.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
How come we couldn't get the Aflalos, Keith Bogans, Carneys, Roger Masons on the cheap in a trade or as FA! :(

Aflalo did the job on Kobe as well as anybody. Denver has a better defensive awareness when doubling Kobe. Bynum is huge and got his despite superior defense Denver's bigmen have over the Suns.

Conclusion: once we get used to our new style of play ourselves and Amare and JRich with their new roles/task as the one-on-one scorer, plus some steady improvement on defense along the line we have been witnessing, we can ball with anyone.
Cant be serious... How is channing frye NOT on top of the FA steals right now...

And Jared Dudley?

Is the grass ALWAYS going to be greener?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson