Official Madden 2007 thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Anyone pick up on PC yet?

I will be getting it for the PC. Does it cost much to play online? Do you go to EA's website to play?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
1st play I did on Madden 07 was a 80 yard dash by Edge, I'm so used to the Cards having sorry backs, I crushed with Edge. Fitz and Quan just go up and snag everything, Pope is good as well. DB's suck and have poor AI, but I've been smashing with the Cards D. I played against some guys that are reall good at MAdden and they were complaing about how Cheap Fits and Boldin are they catch Bombs all day long

My first play was a 76 yard run by Edge...highlight sticked the first tackler and shrugged him off, made the next guy miss and was gone. Made him do a dive over the pylon into the endzone, Reggie Bush style.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Oh, and Boldin and Fitz catch EVERYTHING. I had Warner going for someting like 20/23 for 400 yards in the first (and only) game I've played.

So lifelike. BJ has dropped several passes. I can't stop throwing interceptions though.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
I will be getting it for the PC. Does it cost much to play online? Do you go to EA's website to play?

I picked it up for the PC.
Leaps and bounds better than last year's half-backsided game.
but...

Online play is a train wreck.

Most people can't host so it's a mad rush for a quickmatch.

still...

Field/Stadium look great too.

AAx8
AFx16

and it still runs smoother than 06 did with the same.

ESPN will pay your $2 online fee if you let them call you about magazines.

My biggest gripe is that in Franchise Mode the All-Pro level is still to easy and the All-Madden level is a hair too tough.
I suppose that's what sliders are for, but once I get to playing with those I rarely complete a full season with all the play testing.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was on bit torrent sites as of Monday night..... I am getting it for Xbox

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
I picked it up for the PC.
Leaps and bounds better than last year's half-backsided game.
but...

Online play is a train wreck.

Most people can't host so it's a mad rush for a quickmatch.

still...

Field/Stadium look great too.

AAx8
AFx16

and it still runs smoother than 06 did with the same.

ESPN will pay your $2 online fee if you let them call you about magazines.

My biggest gripe is that in Franchise Mode the All-Pro level is still to easy and the All-Madden level is a hair too tough.
I suppose that's what sliders are for, but once I get to playing with those I rarely complete a full season with all the play testing.

All the years I have had Madden I think I played one game online, some chump played against me with the eagles and when I got up on him by 2 or 3 td's, he just dropped out I think mid 3rd quarter. I haven't really gone back. Is it really worth it? When i played, the lag was horrible. This was 3 years ago I think.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I just got done at a site called portforwarding.com. Great site for all you folks with router problems.

It helped stablize gameplay a little and I was able to host a game.

To decrease some of the lag I closed practically everything but Madden (not something I usually do, my computer can handle it) and turned all the detail options to the lowest setting.

The game looked pretty fugly, but it was playable.

I, as the Cards, hosted a person playing as the Cowboys (you'll see that alot, with TO at reciever and a nasty defense, no reason not too if you don't have a favorite team). I was doing pretty well, he dropped out after his last hail mary was intercepted.

Why don't people just gut out the crap loses?

I'll probably play online more, just because I crave human competition.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really like some of the tweaks they made in the game versus last year
  • They improved the punt and kick return, you can now actually make some plays. Especially in punt return where you never had a chance to return one
  • They took away the ability to kick a line drive punt for 90 yards, which always irked me
  • They actually made FG's harder to make, in years past it was always so automatic
  • They also stole a page out of SEGA by implementing the "commit to pass or defense"
  • The ability to lead a receiver using the right stick is cool, but it's going to take some practice to get used to, especially on the run
  • Finally there are fumbles with regularity. I played 4 seasons on 06 with Arrington and he didn't fumble once. He's already put two on the carpet in the first 3 preseason games
  • It's actually challenging.... I always start on All Madden mode, but it was too friggen hard, so I dialed it back to All-Pro
Some of the things that irk me
  • Still haven't fixed the problem with runners getting "stuck" on lineman
  • You still get stuck in a block like you're hugging the other player. Why can I throw it into reverse and get unstuck?
  • The kicking is kind of dumb in it's own right... it's nice they are making it more challenging but it needs to be tweaked
  • Lack of DB hot routes are annoying, you have like 2 or 3 choices but it's not as deep as the WR's routes
I'll probably add more as I play

bratwurst

Reaction score
Hey Ryan thanks for that post. I've been thinking of picking the game up. I won a poker tournament last weekend so maybe I'll finally spend the dough. SuperSpck - any further luck playing online? I'll be getting PC version so maybe we can play a couple games.

About your lag issues, what graphic card and what kind of connection do you have?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I picked madden 07 up for the 360 its ok but no owner mode or defense player maker on the defense side kind of bugs so i'm also going to be getting it for the ps2 or xbox later this upcoming week. Has anyone played online for eaither the ps2 or the reg xbox hows the lag on those servers cause for the 360 it can get pretty lag i've had some lag free games on 360 but not a lot.... you think on a next generation consol they could atleast make the servers lag free :(

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
SuperSpck - any further luck playing online? I'll be getting PC version so maybe we can play a couple games.

About your lag issues, what graphic card and what kind of connection do you have?
a

Haven't had much of a chance to play (busy weekend, weddings and whatnots) but I'll be on during the week as soon as I know my work scedule I'll PM you.

As for answers, I have a 7800gt card, 3 gigs ram (it was onsale, 533 DDR2) and charter cable (3mbs).

So I feel good about what I've got.

WOW, BF2, and CS all run smoother than snot (minus crazy WoW lagspikes lately).

As more people poke at Madden maybe we'll see some improvements!

bratwurst

Reaction score
I have a 6600GT and would like to upgrade but can't right now. I'd basically need to redo the whole rig, as I don't have a PCI-E slot, and upgrading an AGP card at this point makes almost zero sense.

I haven't had any problems running any games except in DoD:S I get these crazy lag spikes and choke. Hope the same doesn't happen when I get Madden.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am loving, loving, loving the idea that D-Dogg gave me;

You basically play a Franchise/Dynasty with the Cards as usual. On the side, you play Superstar mode and build your guy. It's cool bc sometimes you want to play a full game and sometimes you want to just be a guy on a team and not have to call plays. I am a RB and became the Browns starter after being drafted in the 6th round. Rushed for 100 yards and TD in Week 1. :thumbup:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
So I am loving, loving, loving the idea that D-Dogg gave me;

You basically play a Franchise/Dynasty with the Cards as usual. On the side, you play Superstar mode and build your guy. It's cool bc sometimes you want to play a full game and sometimes you want to just be a guy on a team and not have to call plays. I am a RB and became the Browns starter after being drafted in the 6th round. Rushed for 100 yards and TD in Week 1. :thumbup:

I'm a LDE that got drafted by the Cardinals in round 3. In game 1 of the regular season I was destroying SF. About 7 tackles and 3 sacks for me, and we were up quite a bit. TD run for edge and I think 2 each for Boldin and Fitz, plus a Walters kick off return. Then with a few minutes remaining my Xbox locked up.

:bang:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, SF really sucks. I was steamrolling them pretty easy.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Assface said:
BTW, SF really sucks. I was steamrolling them pretty easy.

WTF? I got burned on an 80 yard TD pass by Brian Gilmore with Tate covering in the waining seconds of the game. I immediately restarted my season and cut Tate :mad: I can't have that kind of total failure on my team. Tate went for the INT and in true Gilmore fashion he flubbed it and then tipped it to himself and then he ran like Forrest Gump to the endzone

Also, during the Patriots game Lawrence Maroney got caught from behind by Gabe Watson on a really long run..... :confused:

Other notables.... I found that they play where you fake the punt and direct hike it to the RB is awesome if you put in Marcell Shipp, he burns off like 20 yards a carry on that play

Also, Arrington fumbles too much.... atleast once a game, even in mop up time.

Also I substitute Gabe Watson as a blocking TE on goaline plays and he murders people.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Got it for the Xbox and did the Superstar mode (which kicks arse, BTW), got drafted as a HB in the 3rd round by the Niners. Went on to rush for 9 TDs and about 1400 yards on the way to winning Offensive Rookie of the year for the NFC AND the NFL. Also caught about 4 TDs, tied for the team lead with Antonio Bryant.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
To: John Madden
CC: Electronic Arts Sports
Re: Being the worst rated player on Madden ‘07

Hi, John, my name is Ethan Albright. I play line for the Washington Redskins. You probably already knew that, so I’ll continue. I am writing in regards to the overall player rating of 53 that I have received in Madden NFL Football 2007. I feel that this is @#%$ bull**** and you should kiss my mother-@#%$ ***. Ahmed Carroll was rated a 78 and the Packers just cut his *** on a Tuesday morning after his performance in a Monday night game. That is pretty terrible. The worst part is that his overall rating was sniffing 80.

You know what, John? Two can play this game. I rate you a @#%$ 12. I rate you a @#%$ 12 in Ethan Albright Football 2000-ever… except for in the category of ball-licking. That is where I will spot you a 98 rating. You will receive this score because I will never give your blubbery *** a 99 in any category. Take that, pencil-dick. Go do Al Micheals or something. Boom. Score one for Red Beard.

It’s also pretty wonderful that my awareness rating was 59. You make it sound like I wake up in the morning, helplessly @#%$ and piss myself, then lose three of my teeth before I discover that I am trying to eat a rock for breakfast. @#%$, John, I understand you saying that I am slow and lacking athleticism, but a rating like this pretty much labels me as ********. Rod “He Hate Me” Smart has a 52 in this category. Electronic Arts is saying that seven rating points separate me and the breathing embodiment of the perfect oxymoron. Rod Smart struggled to arrange words in sentence form. Cave men had better hold of the English language. The only actions that separate point values of ignorance at this embarrassing level are things like using your own toothbrush to wipe your ***. I basically edged out Rod by my lack of @#%$ teeth. If I take a night school class, could you bump me up to a 60?

I guess I just can’t fathom the fact that I am the absolute worst player rated out of the entire NFL. @#%$, man, there are some ****ty guys out there. Amongst everyone, I was rated the absolute worst.

I have received the impression that you feel that I am lacking in the agility category. I should consider a walk through my living room where I don’t crash trough a wall or kick over furniture a resounding success. My agility rating on your game is 33. It makes it sound like I just topple over if I start walking too fast. Ted Washington is rated a 40 in agility. He is listed at 365 ponds. If Ted Washington tied a white lady up and made her wear a l bikini, he’d look just like Jabba the Hut.

Red Alert!
John, you are such a @#%$ dick. I also noticed that my kick return rating was a 0. I was rated a @#%$ zero? So you feel that I shouldn’t even receive a 10, or even a 5? You are pretty much saying that I couldn’t even fall forward on a ball kicked in my direction. I would just stand there and let the ball bounce off of my @#%$ face. @#%$ that, John, I returned an onside kick 6 yards in 2002. You should have just slapped a - 4 on me and had the EA staff ambush me with paintball guns.

Finally, I would like to comment on an unlikely topic, my pass coverage ratings. I see that I am a better at man-to-man coverage (31) than zone (21). @#%$ me sideways with a lunchbox. Where did these scores even come from? How much time is spent coming up with the pass coverage ratings of offensive lineman? Can I have that job? Let’s see here, I think that Orlando Pace would be slightly better at jumping intermediate routes than Larry Allen. While I’m at it, I can assign the passing ratings for offensive lineman as well. I can use mine as a guide.

I was rated with a throwing power of 17 and accuracy of 16. Orlando Pace is has a 22 power and 17 accuracy rating. Did someone at EA really put time into figuring out that Orlando Pace edges out Ethan Albright in both throwing power and accuracy? I will challenge him any day. My horrible passer ratings are of greatest misfortune to my son, Red Beard Jr. The poor boy is not only hideously ugly and covered by freakishly large freckles. He also has to suffer through playing catch with me and my senile-elderly-woman-type passer ratings. A session of tossing the pigskin usually consists of me missing my son by thirty yards in sporadic directions. I led him in front of a fire truck once and my wife kicked my ***. This is because of my 76 toughness rating. Yes, a 76 is far better than the other ratings, but I’m a @#%$ lineman, damn it. NFL Linemen are considered to be synonymous with toughness. According to your game, I am a ********, uncoordinated, @#%$-*** ****wad that can’t fall on a kickoff, throw, or spell. I am, however, slightly better at manning up on a receiver than dropping into zone coverage. You lose your mind more and more each year, old man.

When I'm not snapping balls, I snap necks.
@#%$ you, John. Please expect to find red ***** in various meals you consume for the rest of your life. If you @#%$ with Ethan Albright, you call down the thunder.

Rot in Hell,

Ethan Albright

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that somewhere. It is confirmed fake as espn even asked the guy.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've kinda gotten bored this this game. Do I suck?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the regular Xbox version originally but traded it in with my system when I got the Xbox360. My brother just got me the 360 version of Madden and those morons made the next-gen version worse than the system that's far more limited. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to take away owner mode and the ability to edit players? Why can't I change Dansby away from a position (MLB) that he's never played to the one where he belongs? I went online and couldn't find any way to download current rosters. Is this possible to do or did EA screw up yet another big draw for this game?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I had the regular Xbox version originally but traded it in with my system when I got the Xbox360. My brother just got me the 360 version of Madden and those morons made the next-gen version worse than the system that's far more limited. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to take away owner mode and the ability to edit players? Why can't I change Dansby away from a position (MLB) that he's never played to the one where he belongs? I went online and couldn't find any way to download current rosters. Is this possible to do or did EA screw up yet another big draw for this game?

That's what you get for buying a system pushed out a year too soon...I just got it for my GameCube, and I have to Cards to 2-2 (with Dansby in his proper position btw :p) with myself as the starting center. It looks a lot like me, only thinner! :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard