Official Madden 2007 thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boldinfan18 said:
man i'm so looking forward to this game cant wait Cardinals will actually be pretty decent to use online this year :) Just to bad they took out owner mode for the 360 not sure about the reg version cause that was one of my favorite features. Oh well eaither way really looking forward to this game.

They took out owner mode for the 360?

Wait, what is owner mode?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Why don't you just start cold calling people?

The media hates it if you call them without a story they would be interesting in covering. They hate it if you call them with a story they aren't interested in. They hate it that they are reporters. They hate it that you (PR guy) exist.

That applies to quite a few reporters, btw. The gaming industry was very awesome though because the reporters were all awesome and not pretentious. Tech reporters tend to be annoying especially at the national level and business press. There are a lot of awesome ones, but there are a lot of aholes too.

I don't like doing PR unless you have a super sexy product/company to pitch....it is worse than sales, IMO.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
They took out owner mode for the 360?

Wait, what is owner mode?

Ownership mode was something that was added a few years ago in Madden. It basically put you in charge of everyting from how much you spent on advertising to ticket and paking prices.

I'm just hoping that they improved 2 things this year ... 1) the gameplay for the 360 version this year (last year's was rushed crap) and 2) the difficulty. The difficulty last year was supposed to be tougher due to the QB vision cone but in fact it made it that much easier where all you needed to do was curl routes.

If they improve those 2 things then ownership mode isn't a loss

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah what ash said :) I really think this years gameplay will be better it better be.... because I could hardly play madden on the 360 last year it just got to the point where the gameplay pissed me off. If madden 360 game play is somewhat like ncaa football 06 for the 360 this year I will be happy just hope the AI is better in madden then ncaa this year...

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
If the new Madden is anything like the new NCAA it will be a good game. I really liked the gameplay in NCAA, finally the cornerbacks don't make amazing plays to knock the ball away last second.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering something and found the answer...Madden 2007 DOES have the passing cone again this year.

Kurt Warner
You must be registered for see images attach

Matt Leinart
You must be registered for see images attach

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Ownership mode was something that was added a few years ago in Madden. It basically put you in charge of everyting from how much you spent on advertising to ticket and paking prices.

Wasn't that just a part of franchise/dynasty mode?

Is that stuff really not going to be in this year's version? I liked that stuff...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Apparently the Best Buy on Ray and the 10 is going to be open at midnight monday (technically tuesday) for the release of this game.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know of any freebies being given out? Circuit City gave away the strategy guide with NCAA. I also hear that at Circuit City Madden on the 360 would be 47 bucks and only 27 for PSP the first week.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I have a gift certificate for Fry's I have been holding on for 6 months just to get this game. YES! I am going to be working from home for a month just to play this game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tonight at midnight the game will be released only 6 hrs to go for those that can pick it up at midnight... Sadly I wont be getting the game till this weekend cause i'm to busy with work and other stuff this week. But come sat its a madden 07 weekend for me :)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone pick up the new game today? I'll probably get it this weekend.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I did. The graphics on the 360 are INCREDIBLE. Cardinals are an 89 overall.. Wow. I don't like how they don't have madden doing the voice anymore, but oh well.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Got it today

Its a definite upgrade over last year but still a little buggy and is missing some of the modes from past Maddens on current gen consoles such as Ownership mode. Having Madden and Michaels not doing the play by play is also a little weird but even they got quite annoying on past versions. Gameplay on default difficulty is still incredibly easy (The AI for the DBs is bad)

Audio and Graphics are solid though. Wish I had an HD TV in order to get the full experience but even on standard TV its pretty damn good.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, who did each of you score your first Cardinals touchdowns with?

:D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pope

Have you tried the lead blocking thing? It's pretty neat, and when you can hit your first guy you can generally disenage and find another, making for some long runs.

Also, the combine drills are neat.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and Boldin and Fitz catch EVERYTHING. I had Warner going for someting like 20/23 for 400 yards in the first (and only) game I've played.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Assface said:
So, who did each of you score your first Cardinals touchdowns with?

:D

1st play I did on Madden 07 was a 80 yard dash by Edge, I'm so used to the Cards having sorry backs, I crushed with Edge. Fitz and Quan just go up and snag everything, Pope is good as well. DB's suck and have poor AI, but I've been smashing with the Cards D. I played against some guys that are reall good at MAdden and they were complaing about how Cheap Fits and Boldin are they catch Bombs all day long