Official 2006 Arizona Wildcats Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't exactly news, UK fans have been trying to push Tubby out the door for years. I don't think he's gone if he agrees to overhaul his coaching staff which is probably a good idea considering how poorly they've recruited in recent years.

Obviously Gillispie is going to come up in every big program's coaching search for the foreseeable future. So will Jamie Dixon, Tom Crean, John Calipari, Mark Few, and Mike Montgomery. I'm not going to concern myself with Gillispie right now, despite what alleged UofA insider Skkorp is telling everyone, Lute ain't going anywhere until he at least gets in one more deep Tourney run which is not happening this year.

Obviously I meant to say root for UK to do well so they don't fire Tubby.

I'd love to see Gillespie in the Pac 10 I like the way they play. But of course he may be fine where he is, has DeAndre Jordan coming in next year heralded big man that I think both UCLA and UA were after at one point.

I personally think Dixon would be a good hire too.

I think next year is Lute's last but just a hunch not even remotely based on any information.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously I meant to say root for UK to do well so they don't fire Tubby.

I'd love to see Gillespie in the Pac 10 I like the way they play. But of course he may be fine where he is, has DeAndre Jordan coming in next year heralded big man that I think both UCLA and UA were after at one point.

Gillespie has awoken a sleeping giant at A&M. They just built the basketball program a massive practice facility. If he leaves, it won't be because of pay or facilites. He gets to compete against his best friend Self, at Kansas. Throw in the fact that the Aggies have a fanatical fan base, second to none, and the only thing that could entice him is the "name" and "history" of a place like Kentucky.

For example, my brother-in-law told me students started camping out for tickets a WEEK before the TU game. It got so crowded they had to go to a lottery. Every conference game, students camped out for tickets and Gillespie would go down there with big containers of coffee and dozens of donuts for breakfast. They love the guy, and he appears to love being there.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah, Gillispie is a Texas guy so I really don't see him leaving unless an opportunity/money like Kentucky came up. Arizona would have to dig deep to outpay AtM but they could do it although I think hitting rock bottom would have to occur for the powers to be to cough up that much cash. Jamie Dixon and Mark Few are the more logical choice for West Coast jobs such as Arizona. I personally think Dixon is waiting for the right Pac-10 job to open up.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
My biggest questions is whether Mustafa will continue the new Wildcat Senior Day tradition of getting outplayed by your counterpart during the day and getting popped for a DUI that night? Only time will tell...
Hey, only a couple weeks off...

Arizona benchwarmer and (belongs in) WCC player Daniel Dillon got popped for DUI last night. Cue ASU fans with hypocritical 'our players are choir boys' and 'Lute runs a renegade program' diatribes.

http://www.fox11az.com/news/topstories/stories/KMSB_20070313_br_dillondui.cde91ec.html

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Hey, only a couple weeks off...

Arizona benchwarmer and (belongs in) WCC player Daniel Dillon got popped for DUI last night. Cue ASU fans with hypocritical 'our players are choir boys' and 'Lute runs a renegade program' diatribes.

http://www.fox11az.com/news/topstories/stories/KMSB_20070313_br_dillondui.cde91ec.html

The kid deserves to be suspended for the tourney, but who knows if he will be...Many ASU athletes/students are far from being "choir boys", I'd never claim that they or I obey 100% of the law 100% of the time...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
MTFC, please note the title of this thread. No mention of ASU.
Well, AZBaller and some other ASU fans have stated in the past that ASU is tougher on their athletes gone wild than Arizona, which is an opinion based on zero truth. I was just saving them the time from writing that nonsense themselves.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, AZBaller and some other ASU fans have stated in the past that ASU is tougher on their athletes gone wild than Arizona, which is an opinion based on zero truth. I was just saving them the time from writing that nonsense themselves.
True.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
According to Rivals.com, Dillon is suspended for the first two games of the tournament. He will travel with the team to NO, but he won't play or dress for the game(s).

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Well, AZBaller and some other ASU fans have stated in the past that ASU is tougher on their athletes gone wild than Arizona, which is an opinion based on zero truth.

Now you're just making things up. Show me where I said that "ASU is tougher on their athletes gone wild than Arizona"...You're just a little overly sensitive about your favorvite school buddy...Relax, and enjoy the NCAA trourny.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Big 10 is overrated and there's no pressure on UA this year. I think they beat Purdon't but lose to Florida.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona's season ends with a whimper.

Of course, Illinois' season ended with a choke.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
And good riddance.

Now... on to the Bayless Era...

:notworthy

Agreed.... Mustafa sucks. I hope his life treats him well in Europe after he choked away his chances at the NBA this year. Turnovers aren't the right stats to be padding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson