Now I'm getting a little concerned

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Nice generalization. There's plenty of perennial Pro Bowlers who weren't ready to play as rookies, just like Pace was. Will he ever develop into one? Only time will tell.

Hey Vikefan, do think the following players suck: Keith Bulluck, Casey Hampton, Mike Vick, Marcus Stroud, Santana Moss, Chad Pennington, etc. Well according to your standards where "a guy sucks if he's a Number 1 pick and doesn't start," all these players suck and are not very good.
QBs are different. Mark this down Pace will never ever be a pro-bowl player.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
No you got it all wrong. The first and only mistake was not firing Mac and hiswhole staff the year before the draft.

Mac with the Passion of an IDIOT!!! when it comes to being a head coach.

Allan
If DG was here last year he takes Suggs.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Mark this down Pace will never ever be a pro-bowl player.

We are not asking him to be a Pro Bowler, we just want the guy to be solid and to help this team.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
We are not asking him to be a Pro Bowler, we just want the guy to be solid and to help this team.
Well I just wanted to clarify that. Let's see if he can be a starter in the NFL for several years. If he can at least do that he won't be a wasted pick.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
QBs are different. Mark this down Pace will never ever be a pro-bowl player.

There were non-QBs on that list. And those were only guys I could think of off the top of my head. Are you going to retract the "Round 1 draft picks who can't immediately start are not good players and completely suck" comment?

Last edited:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Did he tell you that during pillow talk?
Now he said the Cards should have taken Suggs last year on draft day.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandpa!!!

....Somebody pull the plug on this ever-ready bunny. I think his brain has already overheated and melted from hyper-something.

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
earthsci said:
I'm not sure but didn't Pace have a pretty low Wunderlich score. That surely had some effect on his adjustment.

Isn't Wake Forest a pretty good school for academics?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandpa!!!

....Somebody pull the plug on this ever-ready bunny. I think his brain has already overheated and melted from hyper-something.

:shocker: :hairraise :eek:

Bobcat

Reaction score
vikesfan said:

I agree!!! But I do not think that he would have had 11- 13 sacks if he would have played here. His surrounding cast in Baltimore was a hell of a lot better cast than we had here; but he still would have been an upgrade over Pace.

But let us give Pace a chance. Now with a new cast of Coaches who know what they are doing Pace may be a better player than we all may now think he is or will become.

Allan :wave:

Last edited:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
I agree!!! But I do not think that he would have had 11- 13 sacks if he would have played here. His surrounding cast in Baltimore was a hell of a lot better cast than we had here; but he still would have been an upgrade over Pace.

But let us give Pace a chance. Now with a new cast of Coaches who know what they are doing Pace may be a better player than we all may now think he is or will become.

Allan :wave:
Yup you read my mind.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mike Rogers said:
How many games have you seen him play. I'll guess maybe 1. You can tell us all this based on one game. You should be a GM.
Well I wasn't paying attention to Pace during the one game I did watch. I didn't really watch any Seahawk or Bronco games either last year except for the times they played the Vikes but I know Pace is a good player I know Trufant is a good player I know Berry is a good player. Why because stats tell you what you need to know. Just like I know Ogunlye is a good player and I didn't watch any MIA games. Just like I know Fitz and Gallery are good players despite not watching any PIT or IOWA games. Just like the posters here make comments on draft picks and Free Agents without seeing any of them in many if any games. It's called looking at the info on players and coming to conclusions.

As for Suggs production here. Good players produce. Having a great team around him didn't get Suggs sacks for him. He produced in college too. He would have produced in Arizona too. At certain points he would have been 1 on 1 on an offensive player he would have beaten that offensive player and gotten a sack. Yes a good team helps a bit. But he was the designated pass rusher teams knew he was the threat and playing part time he put up huge sack numbers. He would have been close to double digit sacks here. He would have played full time here and maybe because of that he gets even more sacks. Playing on a lousy team didn't hurt Boldin's numbers. Good players get results no matter how lousy the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard