No surprise or excitement for Card's in this Mock Draft

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Author's Comments -
I see a few mid to late swaps in this round. But which teams make those moves would be shear speculation, thus I left them as they are.

1 - IND: Luck, Andrew - QB - Stanford
The Colts didn't lose all those games last year for nothing!

2 - STL: Kalil, Matt - OT - USC
Being able to lock up such an important position with a player of this caliber for the next 10 yrs is too good to pass up.

3 - WAS: Griffin, Robert - QB - Baylor
Traded up 3 spots with the Vikings (6th pick now), and gave up next year's 1st round pick, Couldn't afford to let the Browns take him before them. Should finally have the QB they have needed for so long.

4 - CLE: Richardson, Trent - RB - Alabama
With so much more depth in this draft at WR, the Browns take the first step of improving their offense by taking the best RB.

5 - TB: Claiborne, Morris - CB - LSU
Makes a smart pick well worth the 5th pick in a position of need.

6 - MIN: Reiff, Riley - OT - Iowa
Moved down 3 spots after a trade with the Redskins, The Vikes fill their LT need plus pick up Wash's 1st round pick in the 2013 draft.

7 - JAX: Blackmon, Justin - WR - Oklahoma State
Fills one of their WR needs with the best in this year's draft.

8 - MIA: Coples, Quinton - DE - North Carolina
Fills biggest need with BPA.

9 - CAR: DeCastro, David - OG - Stanford
Fills a need with whom they feel is an immediate all-pro caliber player.

10 - BUF: Upshaw, Courtney - ILB - Alabama
Adds another youthfull defensive player to go along with last year's first round pick at DT.

11 - KC: Brockers, Michael - DT - LSU
Improves an already good defense with this pick for need.

12 - SEA: Ingram, Melvin - DE - South Carolina
The Seahawks need a versatile outside pass rusher. They get a good one with this pick.

13 - ARI: Martin, Jonathan - OT - Stanford
Hardly a surprise pick since the Cards had the worst OT combination in the league last year.

14 - DAL: Kirkpatrick, Dre - CB - Alabama
Cowboys like the size of this quality corner, and stretch a little to fill their greatest need.

15 - PHI: Kuechly, Luke - LB - Boston College
Obvious choice noted by the Eagles draft room's elation realizing Kuechly had fallen to them.

16 - NYJ: Barron, Mark - SS - Alabama
Jets fill a need with the highest rated player at his position and the one currently at the top of their board.

17 - CIN: Jenkins, Janoris - CB - North Alabama
Fills greatest need with best player available at that position.

18 - SD: Glenn, Cordy - OG - Georgia
With a need to add depth across their whole line, the Chargers take the most versatile OL in the draft.

19 - CHI: Floyd, Michael - WR - Notre Dame
The Bears need help at WR and do not hesitate to begin to solve their problems there.

20 - TEN: Wright, Kendall - WR - Baylor
The Titans have a greater need at DE, but choose value over that while filling a need on the offensive side.

21 - CIN: Adams, Mike - OT - Ohio State
Bengals go the offensive side of the ball with their 2nd pick in this first round.

22 - CLE: Jeffery, Alshon - WR - South Carolina
Cleveland adds even more offensive fire power to go along with Richardson at RB. Jeffery will give Colt McCoy a huge easy target to find. Look for the Browns to add more speed at the WR in the later rounds.

23 - DET: Perry, Nick - DE - USC
The Lions add a pass rusher to go with their 2 massive young DTs. In 3 years they have rebuilt their whole defensive line.

24 - PIT: Still, Devon - DT - Penn State
Just like the Steelers to have what some call the best DT in the draft fall to them.

25 - DEN: Cox, Fletcher - DT - Mississippi State
Denver gets a productive player at a position of need.

26 - HOU: Poe, Dontari - DT - Memphis
Texans get a massive middle of the line defensive presence.

27 - NE: Brown, Zach - OLB - North Carolina
The Patrioits need to improve their pass rush and are thrilled that Brown has fallen to them.

28 - GB: Branch, Andre - DE - Clemson
The Pack is in dire need of being able to get pressure with their pass rush. This is a good first step.

29 - BAL: Burfict, Vontaze - LB - Arizona State
Ravens need a beast to groom at ILB and hopes they can develop Burfict's maturity to go along with his physical dominance.

30 - SF: Sanu, Mohamed - WR - Rutgers
The Niners need some offensive punch, and this tall fast WR seems to fit the bill.

31 - NE: Worthy, Jerel - DT - Michigan State
The Patriots get a DT to go with the OLB they picked a few spots earlier in the draft.

32 - NYG: Fleener, Coby - TE - Stanford
Giants pick the 6'6" Fleener as a huge red zone target for Eli. This is a huge upgrade to the Giants aerial attack.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Upshaw is gone at #13, I hope ARZ thinks long and hard about Nick Perry before going with Martin. I just don't like Martin or Reiff and if we are going to take an OT I hope we trade down into the 20's and take Mike Adams and get more picks.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is NO WAY St. Louis stays at #2. IMO, and in the opinion of a lot of so called experts they move down to #4 and select Blackmon, with the Browns taking Griffin at #2. The Rams do risk someone moving up to #3 and picking Blackmon, but if that happens Kalil is an option and possibly Wright at #22 (from the Browns). I feel pretty confident Luck and Griffin go one, two.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is NO WAY St. Louis stays at #2. IMO, and in the opinion of a lot of so called experts they move down to #4 and select Blackmon, with the Browns taking Griffin at #2. The Rams do risk someone moving up to #3 and picking Blackmon, but if that happens Kalil is an option and possibly Wright at #22 (from the Browns). I feel pretty confident Luck and Griffin go one, two.

Rumors here in STL is that the team has already been in contacted by 3-4 team and they are inquiring about the #2 pick.
Most of the Radio Football personalities are saying that the Rams will trade the #2.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Interesting about Cleveland. Would they be better off with RGIII and nothing else on offense or with Colt McCoy and Richardson and Jeffry?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Trent Richardson going in the top 10 would be surprise...I doubt he goes in the top 20.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If somehow the Rams trade with the Browns, picking up a ton of picks, then Kalil is still there at 4, they could easily trade down again and get a second basket of picks. It would be an incredible draft day coup.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trent Richardson going in the top 10 would be surprise...I doubt he goes in the top 20.

He will go 10-20 as he is just too talented despite playing the RB position. I do believe that he will be the only running back to be drafted in the first round though. Too short of a life span to draft in the first for the most part.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rumors here in STL is that the team has already been in contacted by 3-4 team and they are inquiring about the #2 pick.
Most of the Radio Football personalities are saying that the Rams will trade the #2.

You are hearing the same thing as I. It is going to happen.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He will go 10-20 as he is just too talented despite playing the RB position. I do believe that he will be the only running back to be drafted in the first round though. Too short of a life span to draft in the first for the most part.

The game sure has changed. I remember reading not long ago on drafthistory.com that some outrageously high number of Hall of Fame RBs were 1st round selections. 80-90% I think.

Here's a more current take on the situation:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...20110422_1_mock-drafts-nfl-draft-ronnie-brown

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I feel the Rams are most likely to trade down with Cleveland for their 2 first round picks. The Rams moving down just 2 spots to 4th pretty much assures them of getting the same player they would have taken at 2. I think even if someone offered them a bit more than Cleveland, they would still take Cleveland's offer to assure they get their pick of Kalil.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I feel the Rams are most likely to trade down with Cleveland for their 2 first round picks. The Rams moving down just 2 spots to 4th pretty much assures them of getting the same player they would have taken at 2. I think even if someone offered them a bit more than Cleveland, they would still take Cleveland's offer to assure they get their pick of Kalil.

Kalil is likely going to the Vikings @ 3

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A few things:

Tannehill the QB will likely be in play in the top 15

If Kuechly is still on the board at #13, the Cards could orchestrate something with Dallas or Philly for an added pick

Poe is flying up boards

Burfict is closer to UDFA than the first round.