no comment on "the brawl" last night?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Initially I thought Miller should get a T but after I see it again I think he was really going after Kyryl not Robinson so he gets a pass.

My take, Fogg could have gotten 2 T's one for the initial taunt, one for the bump that started it. T on Cunningham for the shove. T on hill for shoving Cunningham when it was basically over which made it blow up worse.

T on Burton for leaving OSU's bench, T on Kyryl. What they really missed is Parrom, Chol and Tree all clearly left the bench too, there's another guy I don't recognize who might be on the court too hard to tell where he actually is standing.

It was in front of the UA bench so their players were able to run out where OSU's were being held back by the coaches.

Interesting to see what the P 12 does they could easily suspend 4 UA players for leaving the bench. Fogg never threw a punch so he probably gets no suspension.

When Miller gets that mad he reminds me so much of Tim Floyd, he just completely loses it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Initially I thought Miller should get a T but after I see it again I think he was really going after Kyryl not Robinson so he gets a pass.

My take, Fogg could have gotten 2 T's one for the initial taunt, one for the bump that started it. T on Cunningham for the shove. T on hill for shoving Cunningham when it was basically over which made it blow up worse.

T on Burton for leaving OSU's bench, T on Kyryl. What they really missed is Parrom, Chol and Tree all clearly left the bench too, there's another guy I don't recognize who might be on the court too hard to tell where he actually is standing.

It was in front of the UA bench so their players were able to run out where OSU's were being held back by the coaches.

Interesting to see what the P 12 does they could easily suspend 4 UA players for leaving the bench. Fogg never threw a punch so he probably gets no suspension.

When Miller gets that mad he reminds me so much of Tim Floyd, he just completely loses it.

If anyone more than Kyryl gets suspended (largely due to idiocy), it'd be a travesty. That "brawl" is being blown out of proportion.

I know it wasn't an isolated incident. Cunningham and Fogg were going at each other hard all game long. It was a time bomb to explode at any given moment.

There were no ejections, FWIW

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone more than Kyryl gets suspended (largely due to idiocy), it'd be a travesty. That "brawl" is being blown out of proportion.

I know it wasn't an isolated incident. Cunningham and Fogg were going at each other hard all game long. It was a time bomb to explode at any given moment.

There were no ejections, FWIW

It's not the brawl part that gets suspensions it's the rule against leaving the bench to join something like that.

I saw on the UA scout board people are saying several OSU players did too but you can't see them because the video focussed on the other side of the court. If that's true and there's video evidence those guys broke the same rule.

I don't know how the rule is worded if there is intent in it so a guy who left the bench to pull guys off is ok but one like Kyryl is not?

Cunningham likes to drive into a crowd create contact and then throw the ball up begging for a foul. The refs weren't calling it. But his foul on Fogg was totally clean going for the ball, Fogg was just woofing too much and Hill made the whole thing worse by pushing Cunningham after the initial flareup was over.

ESPN was saying this morning they expected multiple suspensions but that could just mean Burton and Kyryl.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy KAtz says the Pac 12 is saying no suspensions since nobody was ejected for fighting. T's for leaving the bench were appropriate but they apparently differentiated between guys who escalated the problem(Kyryl and Burton) and those that didn't so only those 2 get T's.

And I'm sure the next time a similar incident happens they will be amazed.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Jeff van Gundy is laughing at that being labeled a "brawl"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson