NINE WINS AWAY

Reaction score
After last night the Suns are nine wins from a Championship. Ayton has been both impressive and frustrating. He appears to be able to get position at will on offense.
But even Miller mentioned he still far too often goes for a layup instead of a power dunk. I am wondering if he doesn't have the spring from a standing start---dunno, just spitballin'.
The strategy of isolating Suns' offensive players on Doncic seems pretty sound. Of course, they respond by trying to isolate Paul. But we can win without Paul, and they cannot win without Doncic.

Good to see Bridges and Crowder get their shooting eyes back. Good to see the Suns outrebound the Mavs. They still have straight line drives to the basket way too often. Unfortunately, McGee can't stay out of foul trouble enough to shut those down.

Nine wins are not a given, but the Suns are back on track.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ayton definitely still has a fear of getting into foul trouble. With the way things have been called in the playoffs, I don't necessarily blame him for that, but he needs to man up and forget about that. If he plays his game the right way, he shouldn't have to worry about foul trouble. ESPECIALLY with the 2 backups he has waiting in the wings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton definitely still has a fear of getting into foul trouble. With the way things have been called in the playoffs, I don't necessarily blame him for that, but he needs to man up and forget about that. If he plays his game the right way, he shouldn't have to worry about foul trouble. ESPECIALLY with the 2 backups he has waiting in the wings.

I think it might help if Ayton posted up just inside that circle near the basket or plans on taking the short jumper.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
But we're not talking defensive fouls but offense. Yes, he got an o foul last night, but still . . .

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
But we're not talking defensive fouls but offense. Yes, he got an o foul last night, but still . . .
Fouls are fouls with him. He should be getting almost every rebound but he’s getting boxed out by guys several inches smaller than him, both on offense and defense.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that keeps posting something similar on his social media. I hate it. I don't want to look past the next game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson