Nick Bosa-How does he compare with Clowney and Garrett?

Reaction score
That's way wrong Nick is considered better than Joey by pretty much everybody.
It's not wrong nor right, It's just my opinion. There are three possibilities, better, worse, and about the same. We shall see.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s very polished like Jarrett Allen was. Not a freak of nature but gets off the snap with good burst.

I think he will be a better pass rusher than Jadeveon Clowney. Clowney is incredible vs the run and cannot be moved. I think because of that he has to pick his spots and might disappear for weeks on the sack sheet. It’s hard to compare anyone to Clowney.

It’s too early to call right now with Bosa’s injury as he would’ve likely put up monster numbers. I’m interested to see Q Williams vs that elite Oklahoma OL and Kyler Murray.

He single handily destroyed that LSU o-line. He's def the player to watch for me.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe there are several elite defenders at the top of this draft and Bosa is just one of them. If we go back to an attacking 3-4 I believe Greedy Williams is the better pick for us.

If we somehow stay in the 4-3 then Bosa is probably better.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1 player no matter how good isn't going to affect this mess.

You can throw a piece of steak in a poop sandwich and it's still a poop sandwich.

.....actually it is a steak and poop sandwich, but your point is still valid.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe there are several elite defenders at the top of this draft and Bosa is just one of them. If we go back to an attacking 3-4 I believe Greedy Williams is the better pick for us.

If we somehow stay in the 4-3 then Bosa is probably better.
Nick can excel in a 4-3 or 3-4 just like brother.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick can excel in a 4-3 or 3-4 just like brother.

Correct I believe he will thrive in both but I believe Greedy Williams is wasted in a zone scheme. I believe both will be very good players but Greedy needs to be in an attacking scheme

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Fwiw, I texted my buddy about Bosa and he gave as good a report to me as he has on any player.

He tends not to heap a lot of praise but did so with Bosa.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is a core injury? Still confused???
Core muscle injury, like a sports hernia or something. Bones and ligaments are considered structural injuries, and much more risky to come back from.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Bosa clear no.1 in mocks across the board. Then watch him run a 4.7 or high 4.6 at the combine, while exceling in 3 cone and BP. But it won't matter when another top DL prospects runs in the 4.5 range. This happens all the time. Bosa strikes me as a prospect, just like Joey, who falls to 3 or 4 because scouts aim for higher ceiling guys or QBs. In the end, Bosa will probably survive them all and be productive for 10+ years.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Any way we can manipulate a top pick into two middle round 1sts? I'd love to get maybe DK Metcalf and Devin White in the middle of the round rather than a Chandler Jones clone at the top of the round.

The crazy haul that teams have reaped in the last few years trading out of the top spots is really what we need to consider, with so many holes.

Are you freaking kidding me? In no way would trading down from #1 overall for 2 mid-1sts be a good deal. We'd need way more than that! Also, have you not learned from the lessons of the past, and what happened when we traded from #6 to, what was it, #16 and #17 or something? Disaster!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
As much as it seems like Bosa is the #1 guy, I think we’re making a big mistake by not talking about & looking at Ed Oliver very hard as well.

It’s a position of need, the guy is a beast, explosive, uses his hands well & plays his ass off.

He’s everything that Bustdiche isn’t.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
As much as it seems like Bosa is the #1 guy, I think we’re making a big mistake by not talking about & looking at Ed Oliver very hard as well.

It’s a position of need, the guy is a beast, explosive, uses his hands well & plays his ass off.

Cardinals franchise can’t afford any risks right now with a ne coach on the way (and hopefully a new GM). But yes, Oliver is explosive and has more upside. Now I know what it’s like having a number one pick......

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Diche was a late first rounder and considered a risky pick a boom or bust type. Let's not act like that was a top 5 pick

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Read all about it

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Love this site! I was just going to post this article as well. Bosa has such a high floor, it's hard to argue if we take him at #1. He doesn't have the freakish burst that Garrett and Clowney have, but as you can see in the article, he is pretty advanced across the board. Plus it doesn't hurt that his brother has been a force since his first game in the league.

I would still lean towards taking Quinnen because I think disruption up the middle is slightly more valuable. But I think both are head and shoulders above the field at this point. Both would be excellent choices!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

for me, Oliver is the pick......bosa ist to my taste and williams is weak and will take a couple years to develop

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
for me, Oliver is the pick......bosa ist to my taste and williams is weak and will take a couple years to develop
I don’t know why it would take Williams a couple years to develop. If anything, his technique is more advanced than Oliver is.

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm an OSU fan and have seen alot of the Bosa boys. I think Nick is better at this point in his career than Joey was. He can absolutly destroy double teams. My problem is I think he's a major injury risk. Both the Bosa boys are very focused on flexibility and injury-preventative training and it doesn't seem to help. Ability-wise, floor and ceiling, I have no problem with Nick at #1. But with our injury (bad) luck I'd rather have us take someone who hasn't already shown to be injury-prone if they are close in ability and production.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson