Nick Bosa-How does he compare with Clowney and Garrett?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t know why it would take Williams a couple years to develop. If anything, his technique is more advanced than Oliver is.
just my eye test.watched him against georgia...they were driving for their second TD....williams had been out a few plays...comes in, makes a play...stays on the field for three more plays....then signals to the sidelines he needs to come out...dude was totally gassed after four plays....if he gets that gassed after playing georgia for four plays imagine what he is gonna be like trying to get through the rams oline.....guy might have had the flu or something...but if not his conditioning, especially for this time of year...is poo....plus, who actually wants to come out when you are playing for the conference championship and the other team just got into the red zone trying to go up 14-0?? any player with his heart in the game, especially a star...wants to be on the field to stop the score...but not williams....he was tired...sweating....and signaled the coach to pull him out....after four plays.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s multiple reasons of why to draft Bosa, but another big reason is that it prevents SF from drafting him. EDGE is their #1 need. I doubt they reach for the 2nd best EDGE in the draft & I HIGHLY doubt they draft IDL(Quinnen or Oliver) after doing that for the past couple of years.

Can’t overthink this. Get Bosa & watch him terrorize SF(& others) for years to come. DON’T let SF get Bosa & watch him terrorize the OL & Rosen for years to come.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I just want the #1 so we have plenty 9f choices. Use it and take Bosa. The obvious #1 or trade down to add picks and/or Veterans for depth.

There will be a ton of teams wanting Bosa in this draft. I would love to have Bosa to add to Chandler and Marcus, but we need more help at OL and WR. Top of the draft is defense heavy. A trade from 1 to somewhere in 5-8 would be great to take N'Keal Harry and pick. Maybe send #1 to Raiders for 2 of their 3 first round picks and their 2nd rd.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My biggest frustration is that we finally get the first pick and it’s obviously a dlineman and it’s not a Reggie white or Bruce Smith.

Once upon a time we drafted the next Bruce Smith and injuries kept him from being all he could be

The draft is a crap shoot

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Once upon a time we drafted the next Bruce Smith and injuries kept him from being all he could be

The draft is a crap shoot
Can’t blame injuries for who we drafted. Reggie or Bruce could have gotten I hired too but it wouldn’t have made them the wrong pick unless there were signs of injury proneness. Besides, Bosa has already had a couple injuries.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t blame injuries for who we drafted. Reggie or Bruce could have gotten I hired too but it wouldn’t have made them the wrong pick unless there were signs of injury proneness. Besides, Bosa has already had a couple injuries.

Injuries happen and that's why I don't consider guys who get injured bust.Wadsworth didn't choose to have 20+ knee surgeries in his life.

Bosa although great has already had 2 season ending injuries one in high school and last season. I love him but idk man.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Bosa although great has already had 2 season ending injuries one in high school and last season. I love him but idk man.

With that same logic, Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley shouldn't have been drafted so high.

The entire draft is a gamble...you have to take your best shots.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With that same logic, Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley shouldn't have been drafted so high.

The entire draft is a gamble...you have to take your best shots.

Like I said TWO season ending injuries so far for Bosa.

I like him if we draft him great but if injuries keep him from reaching his potential I won't be surprised.

I honestly think by the time the draft comes around and the players go through the combine Quinnen Williams is going to be considered the number 1 pick. I hear people saying he's going to destroy the combine.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I can't disagree with you on Quinnen. He is the closest thing to Aaron Donald I have seen coming out of college. You can't over emphasize the value of getting 10+ sacks/year from a DT.

I also like Oliver but he may be scheme dependent.

I just hope we make the right choice and pick a future star for our team.

One thing that gives me the yips about Q Williams is Solomon Thomas. Both guys had limited years playing in college and both seemed to come out of nowhere to dominate. Solomon Thomas has been average at best with SF. Different players I know but you simply can't miss when you are drafting this high.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrett and Clowney were both poor to mediocre rookie year. Took Clowney 3 years to become effective.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't disagree with you on Quinnen. He is the closest thing to Aaron Donald I have seen coming out of college. You can't over emphasize the value of getting 10+ sacks/year from a DT.

I also like Oliver but he may be scheme dependent.

I just hope we make the right choice and pick a future star for our team.

One thing that gives me the yips about Q Williams is Solomon Thomas. Both guys had limited years playing in college and both seemed to come out of nowhere to dominate. Solomon Thomas has been average at best with SF. Different players I know but you simply can't miss when you are drafting this high.

Williams is a much more freaky athlete he's much faster than Thomas. Thomas was like mid- late first round then exploded in his bowl game. Williams has been dominate all year. That LSU game was insane no matter what they've thrown at him he can't be stopped.

Throw big money at Anthony Barr to team him up with Jones/Golden and Williams in the middle

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be completely stupid not to trade down.

This team has many many needs, and Defensive End is one of the smallest needs.

We need 15 draft picks if at all possible, I would try and get as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as possible.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

We need 15 draft picks if at all possible, I would try and get as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as possible.

Yeah but...

It's great in theory but 1 Terrell Suggs (still playing at a high level 16 years later) is better than Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace.

If you have a chance at a star at the top of the draft, you take it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You can't possibly answer all needs in a draft, no matter how many picks.

Let's see what we do in FA.

And allowing BOSA to go to SF, answering their #1 need, could also be filed under "stupid."

At this point, the only trading partner I'd consider would be Oakland, thus moving BOSA out of the Conference.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've got mixed opinions:

Nick Bosa has injury concerns, and he never really put up huge numbers at OSU.
Williams has one year of high production
Oliver has off the field issues/concerns plus injuries

In a perfect world, an all world LT would be available, but the best available is Williams, and he his more of a top ten pick than a top five. I think that I would look to trade down to #4 and take Williams there.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but...

It's great in theory but 1 Terrell Suggs (still playing at a high level 16 years later) is better than Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace.

If you have a chance at a star at the top of the draft, you take it.
Yea, people are just so obsessed with the trading down because it sounds good in theory & we’ll draft good players to fit all of our holes in 1 draft. When in reality, it doesn’t happen like that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chances of trading down just took a hit with Herbert staying another year anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard