New Murray talk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just listened to a 3:42 video on CBS sports HQ, I tried to copy & paste it, didn't work. You can watch it with the CBS sports app, I get alerts on the cardinals anytime there's news. Anyways, Jason LA Confora & Pete Prisco were being interviewed, they sound 100% sure Kyler Murray will be the #1 pick. Said it's been decided ever since KK got the job. Said the cardinals are trying to drive up the trading value for JR & he didn't fit the NYG mentality of a QB. The guy doing the interview asked them if they had to put money on a team right now trading for JR, which one would it be? They both agreed the redskins love him & are kind of trying to decide what to give up, gave opinions on what they would probably give up. Pete Prisco took the sympathy route near the end of the video. He said "they just need to keep JR, by the end of last yr, he was playing behind the worst off line he's ever witnessed & he deserves another chance". More & more everyday it seems as if KM will be the pick, I want them to keep JR but I'm preparing myself for KM because it seems inevitable right now.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great post! Rosen is worth a first and change or a player that is really good.0
yes sir, if they are to trade him, worth all that. I still think he's gonna be good, just doesn't look like it's gonna be with us. Might as well get some value for him. He's either gonna be traded before the draft or during the draft imo. I believe they will get a first for him at the very least, #15 if it ends up being the redskins.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
I think all this talk on sports radio about Rosen for a 2 or a 3 is all speculation. Everybody knows our o-line was bad. Gotta get a mid 1st for him

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Pay wall for article. Can someone copy and paste the stuff that might be interesting?

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really not sure how this is different than any of the other speculation over the last couple months. Until I hear Schefter report that the Arizona Cardinals are now shopping Josh Rosen, I am going continue to believe the media has no clue either way.

Especially these two idiots. Todd McShay said that more and more GMs telling him they think Murray talk is smokescreen... Another idiot that thinks he knows something... He Don't!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ll just say off the bat that the “day-one” stuff about Murray is incorrect, so already, La Canfora is wrong. This is on top of his lack of overall credibility.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’ll just say off the bat that the “day-one” stuff about Murray is incorrect, so already, La Canfora is wrong. This is on top of his lack of overall credibility.

The way it would be correct is if the plan all along was to act like they wanted to keep Josh and to build his trade value.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody thinks they’re taking Murray. Nobody thinks they’re passing on him but nobody knows. Steve Keim (Arizona’s general manager) has got the magic bullet. He can do what he wants within reason. He has been a sphinx other than the scouting combine (when Keim said Rosen is the team’s quarterback “for now”) so my guess is they’re taking Kyler Murray. Everybody’s guess is they’re taking him. We’ll see. But the other thing I’ve always believed is I would not be surprised if somebody from the NFL has sidled up to Steve Keim and Michael Bidwill and maybe even Kliff Kingsbury and said, “Hey, shut up.” This is a TV show, so keep whatever you’re going to do … don’t even tell your wife. I remember the year that the Jaguars took Blake Bortles. I think he was the No. 3 overall pick. I remember calling Dave Caldwell, the GM, after the draft and I said, “How did you keep this secret?” He said, “I didn’t even tell my wife.” And he said because honestly you don’t know where the leak is going to come from. So my thing is I’m not saying that no one is going to know beforehand but my belief is it will be a pretty tight circle as to what they’re going to do.

Look, it’s unfortunate what happened last year with Josh Rosen and I doubt sincerely they’ll get one (first-round draft pick) for him but if I were them on draft weekend I’d trade him to — pick a team, Miami, the Giants, whoever — and basically make the best deal you can and move on. I think with some of the teams you’re talking about I don’t think you’re going to get a top-40 pick. I have no idea if the Giants like him. He strikes me as a Giants kind of guy because he’s more of a pocket guy and (GM) Dave Gettleman is more of a traditional guy. But I don’t know what will happen. But I think you have to take what you can get for him and move on.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really not sure how this is different than any of the other speculation over the last couple months. Until I hear Schefter report that the Arizona Cardinals are now shopping Josh Rosen, I am going continue to believe the media has no clue either way.

Especially these two idiots. Todd McShay said that more and more GMs telling him they think Murray talk is smokescreen... Another idiot that thinks he knows something... He Don't!!
Mcshay also has Kyler going 1 in his latest mock. Grain meet salt. Lol.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wake me when it's over. Hate all of this BS.
Remember that sometimes bad can turn into good and vice versa... So it might feel like a nightmare for the pro Rosens, but the nightmare could just as easily turn into one of the best decisions this franchise has ever made. Or the worst.. but that's what makes it fun. Dang, us diehards have been through some stuff .. let's live a little and be that team who swings for the fences. 3 win seasons be damned. I'm a nut...I know. :doi::D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard