NBA Draft gut feeling...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know right now there's not much to talk about with the NBA play suspended. I see our GM talking about the upcoming draft, and I wonder if it is just to say something about us being players to not tip our hand about trading our pick? I know earlier in the season there was a lot of talk about trades, cap space, and win now. There were also some quotes about adding players that had to be developed versus known commodities. It seems like lately everyone covering the Suns has forgotten the assumption that we may trade out of this draft, at least in the first round, if not completely. I just have that gut feeling that nothing has changed. That our promise to Booker to add some guys around him we can win with is still in play. I also see most of the guys we have now either have team options, or enter free agency. I just feel like we are going to see an entirely new team for next season, and it is not going to include a first round pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My fear is our scouting dept. am I wrong or do I correctly recall that jones reduced it. Meaning not as many scouts out watchung prospects live. And I know everyone will be pouring over tape of the prospects, but seeing someone live and in person allows a different insight. And there’s no ability to do visits and workouts now to gain that perspective.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fear is our scouting dept. am I wrong or do I correctly recall that jones reduced it. Meaning not as many scouts out watchung prospects live. And I know everyone will be pouring over tape of the prospects, but seeing someone live and in person allows a different insight. And there’s no ability to do visits and workouts now to gain that perspective.

Agree, nothing beats watching a player live against known competition.

So miss March Madness to get a final look at players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson