My friend just recieved a text stating Boris

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What??????
i wouldnt even give ATL pick alone for TT
just no

the ATL pick is going to be a mid rounder at best. And Diaw is borderline useless and a huge salary cap burden for the next 4 years. Why exactly wouldn't you do this deal?

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'd deal Boris and the Hawks pick for TT in a heartbeat. Not only would it give us that 4th three point shooter we desperately crave, but it would give us a little of that swagger back. And while TT might only be good in half of the games he plays in, it's better than Boris twenty percent clip at this point. The Hawks pick ain't gonna be all that anyway. With TT and Barbs off the bench, the offense would be right back where it should be.

What is it with you and tim thomas? He's shooting 38% from 2 and 34% from three (while jacking up 6 a game). And is grabbing just 5.5 boards in 34 mins a game.

I'm not against making a deal, but I would prefer someone who hasn't dogged it for 85% of his career.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tim Thomas for Boris Diaw? Thats a no-brainer.
Why would L.A. even consider it though?
I must admit....all the trade talk here(myself included) is getting a little outta hand.
It makes for must-read-message board-material i guess.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People keep forgetting that Diaw is in the base year of his contract. That is going to make him almost impossible to trade unless it's a 3 team deal. Trading Boris in a 1 team deal seems unlikely.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I pointed out Boris yesterday as the guy Kerr was calling out with his evaluation comments. However, there's a big difference between spreading rumors and actually putting together a workable trade for a BYC player--almost as big a difference as the one between Sam Smith and a real NBA insider.

Incidentally, did anybody else notice how San Antonio played Michael Finley at PF down the stretch and doubled Boris on the catch? (The Suns were actually playing more straight-up than the Spurs were, not sending help until Duncan put the ball on the floor.) That's what Boris can do for the Suns when he's playing well, and all the Tony Parkers in the world can't prevent it.

It's a shame Boris is so damned complacent. At times it almost seems he's going out of his way to prove nobody can light a fire under him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It cuts off there. So Boris himself isn't fighting. I got some bad info, but why would Boris be on the block if it's Amare/Bell/Banks that have had the public incidents?

b/c he sucks ass.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it with you and tim thomas? He's shooting 38% from 2 and 34% from three (while jacking up 6 a game). And is grabbing just 5.5 boards in 34 mins a game.

I'm not against making a deal, but I would prefer someone who hasn't dogged it for 85% of his career.

i just don't see him as someone who's dogged it for his entire career, but has burdened with higher expectations than he ever deserved, not to mention still being more a contributor on an awful team with no one to get him the open looks that he would flourish with here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ewww weee. Breaking news about the Suns, coming from Chicago, of all places.

Got to get me some of those super duper text news flashes. Didn't know anything about these problems 'til now. Did any of you?

I say we fire D'Antoni right now and trade away all the starters before they lose any more value. Yes I do. That would fix this 18-7 mess we're in quickly.

how hypocritcal is it of someone who's thrown more doom and gloom about here for the last three years to be slamming other fans for being ansty about a year in which EVEN THE TEAM ITSELF says there's problems? You've posted some doosies today Skkorp.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I would trade Diaw and the ATL pick for Joe Johnson. ;)

mribnik

Reaction score
Maybe Diaw just needs a challenge or a change of role to become assertive again. Maybe try him at point guard or something. At the very least he provides value by bringing the ball up the court when Nash is out. Remember that game two years ago when the Suns played the Spurs without Nash and Diaw handled the ball a lot. I believe he had a triple double.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Maybe Diaw just needs a challenge or a change of role to become assertive again. Maybe try him at point guard or something. At the very least he provides value by bringing the ball up the court when Nash is out. Remember that game two years ago when the Suns played the Spurs without Nash and Diaw handled the ball a lot. I believe he had a triple double.

I think the coaching staff should challenge him to actively try to draw fouls in the paint. Very often, when our players are not shooting well enough, points from FT are the only way to score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard