My friend just recieved a text stating Boris

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
is on the trading block, and that he's been fighting with teammates, and the coaching staff.

He just called and told me. Anyone else get this alert?

*Edit: See post #15*

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is on the trading block, and that he's been fighting with teammates, and the coaching staff.

if true, wow. but i don't see anything on any sports websites.

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I can't imagine it's not true. I think he's signed up on 620 KTAR's text alerts thing.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it happened then it hasn't been reported anywhere else. Who sends your friend text messages from inside the Suns lockerroom & practices?

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
if true, wow. but i don't see anything on any sports websites.
I've been looking to, but have found nothing. I can't access Gambo & Ash at work. I thought maybe they'd be talking about it.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I can't imagine Boris fighting with anyone, but perhaps its true.

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Hold on guys, I'm trying to get him to forward the alert to me so I can see what it says for sure.

nowagimp

Reaction score

Boris Diaw reported "fighting"? crap, I didnt know he had any "fight" in him. He sure looked pretty good against the spurs, though its been a while since I could say that. Since he has what is considered a bad contract, I shudder to think what the suns would have to give in a trade(hawks#1??). And I'll bet marcus banks is on "the block" as well.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe one of the other players ate his last danish and he got pissed off. Hell, if Boris is fighting with people then it's the 1st real signs of life and aggression from him in the last 1 1/2 yrs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boris doesn't fight with anyone.

I'd really have to see/hear more.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i didn't see anything on the gambo and ash website. i think if it was one of those text alerts though then it probably has some foundation of truth, or it will be discussed on the station pretty soon

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Wow. Boris has fight?! That is freaking amazing. Trading him would take a lot from our side sadly. But, we still have first round picks in the future. We'll just package a 2021 first round pick! Ok, that will work and Sarver will love the idea!

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Okay, just got the text and some clarification.

The text says:

NBA Phoenix Suns have Diaw on trading block (Yahoo! Sports). The Phoenix Suns have been arguing on the court, and on the bench, and there have been chemistry issues.

It cuts off there. So Boris himself isn't fighting. I got some bad info, but why would Boris be on the block if it's Amare/Bell/Banks that have had the public incidents?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd deal Boris and the Hawks pick for TT in a heartbeat. Not only would it give us that 4th three point shooter we desperately crave, but it would give us a little of that swagger back. And while TT might only be good in half of the games he plays in, it's better than Boris twenty percent clip at this point. The Hawks pick ain't gonna be all that anyway. With TT and Barbs off the bench, the offense would be right back where it should be.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
It cuts off there. So Boris himself isn't fighting. I got some bad info, but why would Boris be on the block if it's Amare/Bell/Banks that have had the public incidents?

Because Boris is probably making everybody angry and frustrated. We need guys that give effort and try.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Because Boris is probably making everybody angry and frustrated. We need guys that give effort and try.

Since defense and not offense is where the sun have been having their "effort" problems, I suspect that its amare that is pissing off the guys busting their buts on D, like Raja. Diaw has been a better defender than amare down low, aside from the blocks. At least diaw trys to limit his man from taking up residence under the hoop. When you look at the suns, perhaps Nash, Bell, shawn and amare are the vocal ones. Matrix busts his butt and has a right to gripe when guys give up on D as his effort is then wasted. Amare cant criticize others about defensive effort, not with his contributions. Boris is not the same player with amare around and I dont think that is going to change, so one of them has to go. Unfortuantely the suns wont get value for either, but especially not Boris. And few teams want his contract. The TT idea has appeal as he is a clutch player from '3', if a defensive downgrade. I'd hate to give up another #1. With the suns luck they would trade the Atl #1 and then the hawks would have an injury to JJ or Josh Smith and tank the year.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
I don't think we should trade away the ATL pick. We don't know where it will end up. But, the thing with Boris isn't necessarily on defense. Watching him pass up open layups to dish it outside is getting old. And him not taking open shots also is getting annoying. Sometimes he makes stupid decisions that hurt the team.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ewww weee. Breaking news about the Suns, coming from Chicago, of all places.

Got to get me some of those super duper text news flashes. Didn't know anything about these problems 'til now. Did any of you?

I say we fire D'Antoni right now and trade away all the starters before they lose any more value. Yes I do. That would fix this 18-7 mess we're in quickly.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Ewww weee. Breaking news about the Suns, coming from Chicago, of all places.

Got to get me some of those super duper text news flashes. Didn't know anything about these problems 'til now. Did any of you?

I say we fire D'Antoni right now and trade away all the starters before they lose any more value. Yes I do. That would fix this 18-7 mess we're in quickly.

:biglaugh:

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
i'd deal Boris and the Hawks pick for TT in a heartbeat. Not only would it give us that 4th three point shooter we desperately crave, but it would give us a little of that swagger back. And while TT might only be good in half of the games he plays in, it's better than Boris twenty percent clip at this point. The Hawks pick ain't gonna be all that anyway. With TT and Barbs off the bench, the offense would be right back where it should be.

Hell yeh! I would love to have him back. Do you think the clippers would go for this though?

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Considering that he is a BYC player, it will be next to impossible to trade him. The Suns are probably putting this out there as a last ditch effort to motivate the lazy bastard.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score

What??????
i wouldnt even give ATL pick alone for TT
just no

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose