Murray’s Performance

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Said it in the game thread. We are awful when he struggles.

The scary part is before today he was having the most efficient rookie year by a rookie QB (1st round) in 7 years and won just 3 games. Guys like Luck, RG3 were in the playoffs.

We have no fallback plan if Kyler is off. The run blocking was abysmal as well. Schematically we need to build a foundation for next year. What are we? I think with Kyler and the RBs we could be a power run/play action team. However, thats not really Kliff's style and Keim certainly hasn't shown the ability to build up the trenches.
I think our offense relies on our ability to run the ball. When we cant run, we struggle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think our offense relies on our ability to run the ball. When we cant run, we struggle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You look at all the top performing QBs this year....they can run the ball.

We have to improve the OLine this off season. We got some backs, but yet we're not running at a high level.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I kinda agree. This is a long tough season. Not a lot of bright spots. Today this team just sucked in every aspect. I’m not going to beat up on kyler being frustrated. In my opinion this is the first game where I was seeing him repeatedly slammed into the ground. I think he was hit harder today than in any previous game.

It was the type of game to make him wonder if he chose the right sport.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was actually a time in the huddle when the game was already out of hand where he was firing up the guys and fist-bumping each of them encouraging them to finish strong. Not saying I disagree with what's been said, but it was one moment I noticed that I was somewhat impressed by.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He stunk. Like the rest of the team. We do a hard wipe of this one and move on..
Finally a voice of reason. Look at the strides Lamar Jackson has made from year one to year two. This roster needs more talent, period. We are not a good team this year or last year. We lost 5 games like this last year. Teams like the Packers and the Rams have both been clobbered this year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Seems like the Rams defensive line was winning up front all game.
They killed the Cards Oline today! Easily their worst performance of the season.

I said it all week, this Cards team is a poor matchup against that Rams team regardless of how well/poor both were playing. I said the Rams would score 30+ on us & their offense would come back to life & we would get smoke. It happened

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There was actually a time in the huddle when the game was already out of hand where he was firing up the guys and fist-bumping each of them encouraging them to finish strong. Not saying I disagree with what's been said, but it was one moment I noticed that I was somewhat impressed by.
I think you find out true character of what kind a player a guy is when you’re getting spanked. Winners never quit fighting regardless of score.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
They killed the Cards Oline today! Easily their worst performance of the season.

I said it all week, this Cards team is a poor matchup against that Rams team regardless of how well/poor both were playing. I said the Rams would score 30+ on us & their offense would come back to life & we would get smoke. It happened

The coming Messiah.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I. It’s easy to lead when you’re winning.

Your dead on here. Cardinals were outclassed, outphysicaled, outeverything. Don't know if Murray will handle it. But really he shouldn't either. Losing flat out sucks and he's got 4 more games that really won't effect a whole lot. He's not used to playing for basically squat.

When your down 17-0, 24-0 and your performing like you got a Turkey hangover, and it's all falling on you yet again to pull a rabbit out, it is just more than your capable of at this point in the season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rookie’s often look like they have no idea what they’re doing. For perception purposes the offense needs to eat next week or the KM/KK hype will slowly die.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Of all the games I "got" to watch this year...sheesh. I only manage a few games a year now, and I had to watch this? KM was hot garbage. Talk about absolute regression. I get that rooks have bad games, but THROW THE ********* BALL AWAY!!! He even couldn't throw it away instead of running out of bounds for a 1-yard sack. Holy Mary, mother of Jesus, WHY??? If he hasn't learned that most basic of lessons by now, I fear he'll never learn it. Have a bad game, sure. Handle it better, by all means. BUT THROW THE EFFING BALL AWAY.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He wasn’t the same after that Donald sack. Went down like a rag doll.

I watched that Donald sack many many times. I also didnt watch the whole game, so maybe there was another one? Assuming we're on the same page, to me it looked FAR worse than it was. In fact, it looked to me like at the last second, he KNEW DOnald had him and rather than give up the full force of the hit, he threw himself down a bit to lessen the blow by DOnald.

It looked BAD in real time, but in slow mo, not so much, IMO.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Collinsworth just said Brady looks frustrated as he tossed his helmet to a trainer.

I'm sure New England fans want him benched now.

It’s actually a huge story up here and has been consuming the entire afternoon drive the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I watched that Donald sack many many times. I also didnt watch the whole game, so maybe there was another one? Assuming we're on the same page, to me it looked FAR worse than it was. In fact, it looked to me like at the last second, he KNEW DOnald had him and rather than give up the full force of the hit, he threw himself down a bit to lessen the blow by DOnald.

It looked BAD in real time, but in slow mo, not so much, IMO.

Maybe so because it looked like Donald barely hit him, but I couldn’t believe how quickly he went down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s actually a huge story up here and has been consuming the entire afternoon drive the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will probably figure it out but I've never seen Brady this frustrated for this long. They're on tv every week you can't avoid them. Most of his stats were padding in the last quarter and a half they were giving them the run and the short passes so he went to White over and over. Moved the ball but not quickly and they ran out of time. I never write Brady off he's just the GOAT, but right now he appears very frustrated with the roster, as Collinsworth said he only trusts Edelman and White

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This particular play Southpaw brought up did not happen in a cipher. There is actual context with which to analyze it rationally rather than just saying "it's my opinion" and thinking minds can be read because you are watching TV. And that includes Murray's demeanor in this last contest.

Just two weeks ago, Murray scored a very similar TD in the 4th quarter against SF to take the lead and give the Cards a realistic shot at the biggest upset of the NFL 2019 season. Watch the celebration with his teammates after the TD. Then, go and breakdown his demeanor throughout that game and compare it to yesterday's game as well. Is the proper conclusion that Murray's teammates, for some mysterious reason that no one can factually state, turned on him in two weeks? Or, is it more logical to conclude, based on observable fact, the reason for the differences in KM and his teammates, behavior being debated here is the extremely different nature of the two contests in terms of competitiveness?

For myself, I prefer tangible data to think about rather than blind conjecture. But, to each his own. It is an opinion board.