Murray’s Performance

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m not terribly bothered by Murray having a bad game. Rookies have bad games, even the good ones. What I am concerned about is how he handled it. I don’t care if he’s fine at the press conference. I hate an announcer saying Murray is obviously frustrated. Dragging around and looking hang dog is not leadership form. KK should have sat him down immediately and brought in Hundley. The result is Murray continued to break down. He needs to understand he’s either the leader or he’s not. His behavior was unacceptable even for a rookie. He has a world of athletic talent but so have failures that preceded him. Much of this is on KK. Does he exert any discipline. We shouldn’t hear anymore how Murray is not used to losing. Well, he’s losing now. It’s a learning situation and behavior is something to learn. It’s easy to lead when you’re winning.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed Harry. Was calling for them to pull him. Hopefully another big lesson learned.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Agree. I think one of the issues with the relationship between KK and KM is how much slack KK would give. KM is having an awful game. Maybe it’s the hammy that’s impacting KM’s confidence and decision making, but it’s going to be interesting seeing how KK responds when he’s asked about KM’s performance

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Agreed.

Kliff no doubt needs to pull him ASAP. Nothing positive will come out of him playing anymore this game, it can only negatively effect him going forward.

The Rams D has their ears pinned back & going after the QB against our poor Oline today

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm at the game (regretfully), and Murray has looked lost and disinterested from the very first snap. There better be some type of logical explanation for his play, otherwise, we all should be concerned about what has transpired today. Yes, rookies are certainly given the latitude of having a piss-poor outing every now and then. But from where I sat, Murray looked like he didn't want to play today right from the start. Very, very strange...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today he seems way over the top with his tantrums and hissy fits. I have seen smaller sample examples of this behavior all season from him. The relationship between Kingsbury and Murray could be troubling going forward. If he is hurt sit him. Wait until he is 100 %. The season is etched in stone.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not terribly bothered by Murray having a bad game. Rookies have bad games, even the good ones. What I am concerned about is how he handled it. I don’t care if he’s fine at the press conference. I hate an announcer saying Murray is obviously frustrated. Dragging around and looking hang dog is not leadership form. KK should have sat him down immediately and brought in Hundley. The result is Murray continued to break down. He needs to understand he’s either the leader or he’s not. His behavior was unacceptable even for a rookie. He has a world of athletic talent but so have failures that preceded him. Much of this is on KK. Does he exert any discipline. We shouldn’t hear anymore how Murray is not used to losing. Well, he’s losing now. It’s a learning situation and behavior is something to learn. It’s easy to lead when you’re winning.
+1 all day

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too many "attaboys" from teammates after his TD. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

His demeanor has been the thing I'm most disappointed about today. I already knew the OL and secondary were awful.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not too many "attaboys" from teammates after his TD. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Stop it. Teammates came over and congradulated him but wasn't as enthusiastic because they were getting blown out.

I didn't see it live, just checked it on replay and you made it seem like no one congratulated him and he lost the huddle.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop it. Teammates came over and congradulated him but wasn't as enthusiastic because they were getting blown out.

I didn't see it live, just checked it on replay and you made it seem like no one congratulated him and he lost the huddle.
Stop it? Control yourself. It is a forum for opinions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave