Murray’s Performance

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What did you like about it?
It was all self improvement driven. All "we's" and "I's". Dude is learning the difference between the college and the pros as an NFL QB. This game is that reminder that you can't be a slow starter and it isn't always going to be easy. There are no directional schools in the NFL, and you rarely have a supreme advantage in talent.

The one thing to keep in mind is that he said he didn't like being away for that week with the bye...and what he hopefully will learn is that he doesn't have to be. He can grind as much as he wants and most great QBs do. Young players rarely know what being a hard worker at the NFL requires. Maybe this will help it sink in for him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Just say he sucked and move on.

I watch damn near ALL the games. There are plenty of frustrated QBs.

He was awful today. Leave it at that.
No.

We will state what we want and discuss.

You do not like it? Then do not partake.

Lololol, because YOU do not like it, nobody should be allowed to discuss it?

That is ridiculous.

Murray looked very poor today, and he acted like a man who thinks this is all about him.

Lesson learned, hopefully.

Murray all by himself gets beat by 4 touchdowns against average NFL talent.

He has a team, he should realize he needs it.

There were a lot of plays left on the field. He looked frustrated, disinterested, and as if he was going through the motions.

JMHO. But, that is what I saw.

We will see what this young man does in the face of adversity and reality.

This team is centered around Murray and Kingsbury. They have to improve.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murray was terrible. The gameplan wasn't good either.

I can give Murray a bit of a pass and I can give the offensive coaches a pass too. They got out coached and out executed. What I found really annoying about the offense is how they again reverted back to 10 personnel packages. It just doesn't work with this roster.

I can't at all give the defense a pass. Not even a little bit. Vance Joseph is now in the pantheon of terrible defensive coordinators that the Cardinals have brought in. His defense constantly leaves receivers WIDE open. What is the most perplexing is that he doesn't seem to change the defense up during games at all.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I can give Murray a bit of a pass and I can give the offensive coaches a pass too. They got out coached and out executed. What I found really annoying about the offense is how they again reverted back to 10 personnel packages. It just doesn't work with this roster.

I can't at all give the defense a pass. Not even a little bit. Vance Joseph is now in the pantheon of terrible defensive coordinators that the Cardinals have brought in. His defense constantly leaves receivers WIDE open. What is the most perplexing is that he doesn't seem to change the defense up during games at all.

I don't understand a lot of this. Murray and the offensive side of the ball gets a pass because their stuff had moved the ball in the past? I mean, that defense is still good, but this was an offense that couldn't do anything for an entire game.

The sad thing is that we didn't really learn anything new here. The offense needs a playmaker on the outside who can defeat 1:1 matchups. The defense can't stop literally anyone. It's going to be amazing watching highlight reels of TEs this season and seeing that Hasson Reddick is trailing 1.5 yards behind the guy scoring the touchdown in like 80% of them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't understand a lot of this. Murray and the offensive side of the ball gets a pass because their stuff had moved the ball in the past? I mean, that defense is still good, but this was an offense that couldn't do anything for an entire game.

The sad thing is that we didn't really learn anything new here. The offense needs a playmaker on the outside who can defeat 1:1 matchups. The defense can't stop literally anyone. It's going to be amazing watching highlight reels of TEs this season and seeing that Hasson Reddick is trailing 1.5 yards behind the guy scoring the touchdown in like 80% of them.

It's called sample size. The offense up until this game had been 3rd in DVOA since like game 1 by your holy grail of football websites, FO.

We dont really know 100% why they sucked against a defense that was significantly worse than the Niners. But there is enough sample size to say that this was just a bad game.

The defense hasn't really had a single good game all year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's called sample size. The offense up until this game had been 3rd in DVOA since like game 1 by your holy grail of football websites, FO.

We dont really know 100% why they sucked against a defense that was significantly worse than the Niners. But there is enough sample size to say that this was just a bad game.

The defense hasn't really had a single good game all year.

The offense is 8th in DVOA, and it's driven by their #2 ranking in rushing efficiency. The passing offenise is actually 19th.

Before this week, Murray was 15th in DYAR and 18th in DVOA (below Gardner Minshew and Jacoby Brissett).

I don't think anyone says the sky is falling; I've been as supportive of Kingsbury as anyone. But we saw the same problems from Murray in this game as we've seen elsewhere, only moreso. He just never got untracked.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

It doesn't work in the NFL except in limited capacity, at least that is what history dictates.

Kingsbury success has been using the same play concepts from his past and implementing them with more pro style packages.

It will be interesting to see what the team does in the offseason.

The main problem with "waiting till the offseason" is will season ticket holder wait that long?

Yes, the defense is horrid, but it was the defense that was mortgaged in the name of this new offensive system, so it is in the offense this organization is banking on.

"A good QB can carry team"

That is the belief, so that is what we must bank on happening.

Murray had a bad game, but its just one game.

Got 4 games and two of them winnable. One bad game cannot be more than that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No.

That is ridiculous.

Murray looked very poor today, and he acted like a man who thinks this is all about him.

There were a lot of plays left on the field. He looked frustrated, disinterested, and as if he was going through the motions.

Solid post. One of my biggest concerns about Kyler going into the draft and the offseason was how his personality would respond when the chips were down and this team began losing, as it was pretty clear would happen.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop with just a few more games left in the season. I hope for the sake of the team that he learns lessons from this and improves.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This game really highlights the issues and what needs to be fixed with the Cardinals for me.

1-We need an offensive line that is better than average ASAP. Murray can't work on improving and develop needed fundamentals if he is constantly under pressure. He is very raw, and failing to give him a better line will only hinder his development. If given time, his accuracy can make the WRs serviceable.

2-We need a defense that can keep us in the game until Murray develops more consistency. I put a lot on QBs, but it is unfair that in two drives vs a mediocre NFL team Murray finds him self down two scores unless he is able to engineer matching scoring drives. Yes, he will eventually need to be able to overcome situations like that, but he is not close to being at that level.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be fair, the Rams scored 3 points in the first quarter and 10 points halfway through the second quarter. If Murray can put anything together in the first half, we're right in that game.

KYler's 2-minute drive to end the half totaled -3 yards on 3 plays.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I wouldnt be jumping for joy because we scored a td
This particular play Southpaw brought up did not happen in a cipher. There is actual context with which to analyze it rationally rather than just saying "it's my opinion" and thinking minds can be read because you are watching TV. And that includes Murray's demeanor in this last contest.

Just two weeks ago, Murray scored a very similar TD in the 4th quarter against SF to take the lead and give the Cards a realistic shot at the biggest upset of the NFL 2019 season. Watch the celebration with his teammates after the TD. Then, go and breakdown his demeanor throughout that game and compare it to yesterday's game as well. Is the proper conclusion that Murray's teammates, for some mysterious reason that no one can factually state, turned on him in two weeks? Or, is it more logical to conclude, based on observable fact, the reason for the differences in KM and his teammates, behavior being debated here is the extremely different nature of the two contests in terms of competitiveness?

For myself, I prefer tangible data to think about rather than blind conjecture. But, to each his own. It is an opinion board.
in the 4th quarter while down by over 30 points. tell him good job and get back to the sideline.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To be fair, the Rams scored 3 points in the first quarter and 10 points halfway through the second quarter. If Murray can put anything together in the first half, we're right in that game.

KYler's 2-minute drive to end the half totaled -3 yards on 3 plays.
The Rams first three drives of the game were 10, 6, and 10 resulting in FG, missed FG, and TD 43 seconds into the 2nd Q. I don't say this to excuse his inability to get the offense going, but his defense set a very bad tone for how this game was going to go.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In his press conference yesterday, Kyler said the pressure from Rams got to him mentally & he was basically afraid to stay in pocket.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Rams first three drives of the game were 10, 6, and 10 resulting in FG, missed FG, and TD 43 seconds into the 2nd Q. I don't say this to excuse his inability to get the offense going, but his defense set a very bad tone for how this game was going to go.

I lost track, but I believe Goff had over 300 yards passing in just the 1st half... If they chose to keep pressing, he would've easily thrown for over 500 yards for the game.

Murray needed to be better yesterday. But by no means would it have been a fair battle if he was better. The Rams could've put up 50 points yesterday, or more, if they really wanted/needed to... And there was nothing Murray himself, could've done about it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In his press conference yesterday, Kyler said the pressure from Rams got to him mentally & he was basically afraid to stay in pocket.
lol...he said he didn't trust the pocket. I am critical of Murray, but he never said he was afraid. I did like that he said he needs to hang in, deliver the ball, and take the hit if necessary.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I lost track, but I believe Goff had over 300 yards passing in just the 1st half... If they chose to keep pressing, he would've easily thrown for over 500 yards for the game.

Murray needed to be better yesterday. But by no means would it have been a fair battle if he was better. The Rams could've put up 50 points yesterday, or more, if they really wanted/needed to... And there was nothing Murray himself, could've done about it.
Murray needs to find a way to look good when the team around him looks bad. Yesterday, he looked just as bad as the rest of the team. Deshaun Watson is great at this.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Murray needs to find a way to look good when the team around him looks bad. Yesterday, he looked just as bad as the rest of the team. Deshaun Watson is great at this.

I would suggest that in several games this season, Murray has looked decent to good, while being surrounded by ineptitude. Granted, in those games he was rarely able to produce a W... however, for the most part, the lack of wins is as much a statement on the balance of the team (the defense, the lack of a running attack, the lack of a true #1 WR), as it is about Murray himself.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.

That is ridiculous.

I agree with all of this post, except for the average NFL talent. The Rams are definitely above average in talent, and have the best player in the NFL in Donald. I'd love to hear why you think the Rams only have average talent.....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would suggest that in several games this season, Murray has looked decent to good, while being surrounded by ineptitude. Granted, in those games he was rarely able to produce a W... however, for the most part, the lack of wins is as much a statement on the balance of the team (the defense, the lack of a running attack, the lack of a true #1 WR), as it is about Murray himself.
We can disagree here. Murray has looked pretty meh vs the good teams he has faced. SF is probably the only exception.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Murray has been great at this for most of his short career thus far. Even Deshawn Watson has bad games....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can disagree here. Murray has looked pretty meh vs the good teams he has faced. SF is probably the only exception.

Agree or disagree, but I would wager your opinion is in the minority.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is the least of this teams problems period...

A competent Oline and a decent average D and this is a .500 right now with some better WR weapons and an above average D and we are a playoff team. The biggest problem with this team is a D that can’t stop even back up QBs from lighting us up period!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson