Most likely trade partners for #1 pick

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. We only have a 91.4% chance of getting the #1 pick. San Francisco has a 3.9% chance and the Jets have a 4.7% chance.

:biglaugh:

We will have the #1 pick

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would LOVE to trade down to around pick #5 or so, and then take either Jonah Williams or Devin White. But like many have said in the past, it takes two to Tango.

If not, stay at #1, take Nick Bosa and have a fearsome pass rush over next 3-4 years. Hell....I'm talking myself into staying at #1 since having a pass rush is so important in todays NFL.

Not with Bosa but otherwise I am on board.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The jags and the giants are going to want a new quarterback . That could spur a move up. You never know how a qb’s stock could rise at the combine.
As the draft stands right now, there's really no team standing in the way of the Giants. Look:

1) Cards-Don't need a QB
2) 49ers-Don't need a QB
3) Jets-Don't need a QB
4) Raiders-I don't think Gruden is going to give up on Carr
5) Lions-Stafford just signed that multi-year deal so he isn't going anywhere
6) Bucs-Could want a QB
7) Bills-Don't need a QB
8) Giants-Probably
9) Jags-Definitely

There you go. The only hope is for a trade up war but neither are going to move up to #1 though.

motion3

Reaction score
This could well end up like the 2013 NFL draft, but more defensive. First QB off the board was Geno Smith at 16.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

Also if Haskins isn't worth the value of the #1 pic, a team may trade with someone underneath us to save some resources. At the minimum Cards, Raiders, Jets, and 49ers won't be interested in a QB. Question is if anyone (and how many) feel its worth jockeying for position before the Giants at #8.

Sucks that the one time the cards are getting #1, there is no Megatron or Luck offensive stud in this draft.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As the draft stands right now, there's really no team standing in the way of the Giants. Look:

1) Cards-Don't need a QB
2) 49ers-Don't need a QB
3) Jets-Don't need a QB
6) Bucs-Could want a QB
7) Bills-Don't need a QB
8) Giants-Probably
9) Jags-Definitely

There you go. The only hope is for a trade up war but neither are going to move up to #1 though.

Uh, yeah, the Bucs are big time in the way. There's no way the Giants can hope to expect the Bucs definitely don't take a QB. So that works in our favor. Maybe not having a top QB in the draft works against us, though.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1) Cards-Don't need a QB
2) 49ers-Don't need a QB
3) Jets-Don't need a QB
6) Bucs-Could want a QB
7) Bills-Don't need a QB
8) Giants-Probably
9) Jags-Definitely

As of today the one possible move for the Cards is to #4 given Oakland's need for a pass rusher after the Mack debacle.

How much will they pay for Bosa?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
History shows that it is way too early for a proclamation like that.

History also shows that if a QB is going as high as 1 he's on the radar from day 1 of the college season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be anyone in the draft worthy of trading up to #1 to get. Only two QBs being talked about and teams can pay a little less and get to pick 2 or 3, maybe 4 and still get one of those guys.

The one year the Cardinals do everything to put themselves into this position and it is the year with a weak QB class

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
History also shows that if a QB is going as high as 1 he's on the radar from day 1 of the college season.

Mitch Tribusky went #2 overall, I doubt he was on any teams radar going in to that college season. Like has been said all it takes is one fast riser leading up to the draft and 1 team to believe he is their answer at QB to make a pick marketable. It's a long draft process and a lot could happen. I am perfectly fine staying put and getting the best player in the draft though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

1) Cards-Don't need a QB
2) 49ers-Don't need a QB
3) Jets-Don't need a QB
6) Bucs-Could want a QB
7) Bills-Don't need a QB
8) Giants-Probably
9) Jags-Definitely

right. but every year teams trade up just to be sure their competition does not have the chance to trade up in front of them....if the gints want to stay if front of the jags they need to trade up....if either of them want to stay in front of the broncos they need to trade up.
it isnt that they know we dont need a qb...but do they know we want someone else on the board bad enough to not trade the pick?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But one thing those QB's had in common they all had monster seasons to sky rocket them up the draft boards. No QB's really popped this year.

Kyler Murray is going to play baseball I think and Tua can't be drafted yet.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
A few points:

1. The draft sites may not have identified correctly QBs on the radar of NFL teams, but the NFL teams did know. As an example: during a Chiefs game, there was a story about how the Chiefs GM started sending Andy video of Patrick Mahomes as "the guy" --- before his final college year.

2. the stories of prospects "rocketing up draft boards" are really about teams finalizing their full draft boards a few weeks prior to the draft and word getting out, and the draft sites adjusting their rankings based on what they are hearing from NFL teams. We may have thought Baker Mayfield was a second rounder at this point last year, but some NFL teams likely had a first round grade on him well prior to the draft.

3. Dwayne Haskins, reportedly, received a first round draft grade from the NFL advisory board -- if he enters the draft, I don't think we can just assume that based on web based draft rankings, there is no way he gets ranked in the top 10.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
But one thing those QB's had in common they all had monster seasons to sky rocket them up the draft boards. No QB's really popped this year.

Kyler Murray is going to play baseball I think and Tua can't be drafted yet.
:biglaugh:
4580 yards, 47 TD's, 8 ints, 70% comp rate, 175 rating, 9.2 YPA., prototypical size, huge arm, good touch, and extremely accurate.

Yep, that's not popping and a very mediocre year.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1) Cards-Don't need a QB
2) 49ers-Don't need a QB
3) Jets-Don't need a QB
6) Bucs-Could want a QB
7) Bills-Don't need a QB
8) Giants-Probably
9) Jags-Definitely

Plenty of rumors about Stafford being traded. Isn't worth that contract to the Lions.

P S Watch Daniel Jones Duke QB move into the 1st round. David Cutcliffe prepares NFL QBs.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plenty of rumors about Stafford being traded. Isn't worth that contract to the Lions.

P S Watch Daniel Jones Duke QB move into the 1st round. David Cutcliffe prepares NFL QBs.
Who's going to want to pick up that contract? He's due $13.5 million in 2019 and $15 million in 2020. I'm not sure how cap hits work but the cap hit for next year is $49 million. That's a hell of a lot of space to take a beating on.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
right. but every year teams trade up just to be sure their competition does not have the chance to trade up in front of them....if the gints want to stay if front of the jags they need to trade up....if either of them want to stay in front of the broncos they need to trade up.
it isnt that they know we dont need a qb...but do they know we want someone else on the board bad enough to not trade the pick?
Which may be true but neither of them are going to trade up to #1. Unless someone really wants Bosa, no one is going to trade with us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson