Mike Glennon?

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
It looks like Mike Glennon is done in Tampa Bay. New regime wants a new QB. Glennon looked good last year as a rookie (good, not great) and seems to fit Arians criteria (tall with a strong arm).
My guess is he's either released by Tampa after the draft or traded before. Would you be interested in him? If so, what draft pick would you give up to acquire him?
He was drafted in the 3rd round in last years draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Glennon and was hoping for him last year in the draft.....I would offer a fifth........but might even be willing to go as high as a third if negotiations go that way. He didn't have a stellar rookie season but he improved steadily and unlike all the rookies in this draft.....he has already proven he can play in the NFL.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I like Glennon and was hoping for him last year in the draft.....I would offer a fifth........but might even be willing to go as high as a third if negotiations go that way. He didn't have a stellar rookie season but he improved steadily and unlike all the rookies in this draft.....he has already proven he can play in the NFL.

I'd throw a 5th round pick out there, or even a 6th and maybe a player that TB would like that we really don't need.

Nate Potter and a 6th for Mike Glennon.

I think that is more than fair for a guy they might release regardless.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe he had the best stats of every rookie QB selected last year. He is on a 3 year $405K/year contract. Played in 13 games last year. I could see him going for as high as a 3rd to about a half dozen teams, including Cards. He was drafted in the 3rd round and played beyond that. No reason to believe he will come any cheaper IMO.

Lovie Smith may regret his decision to dump Glennon for McCown and this years high QB selection. I don't see Tampa releasing him. He has trade value.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It's possible. Cardinals won't give up a draft pick, but might switch positions with Glennon being the compensation for doing so. It is more likely if the Bucs draft a QB early obviously.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's possible. Cardinals won't give up a draft pick, but might switch positions with Glennon being the compensation for doing so. It is more likely if the Bucs draft a QB early obviously.

???

They are drafting ahead of us in every round.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The problem with this plan is that, if you're not intending to use Glennon in 2014, then you're paying a pick for maybe two years of the player at a low cost. That might be interesting; I don't love Glennon as much as people here.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Doesn't move the meter for me. I'd much rather draft a guy like Savage or Mettenberger.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm really not sure where the Glennon hype comes from. The guy strikes me as someone who will be a middle of the road starter at his peak.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Doesn't move the meter for me. I'd much rather draft a guy like Savage or Mettenberger.

So you've fallen for the hype, huh? I have faith our current management team isn't gullible enough to draft this 'measurables' draft riser, certainly not with a high pick.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Not sure why they would trade him he is a cheap Contract. But yeah I would take him off their hands for a 5th or lower.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of bringing in a guy who has been a starter elsewhere as I don't believe competition at QB is good for a football team or the possibility even. I'm sure there are a lot of differing opinion but that is mine.

If the Cards want a young QB I'd prefer they draft one. A guy who could sit for two years behind Palmer and take over when Palmer retires after winning SB's XLIX and L.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CBS speculates that Johnny F is going to Tampa and Glennon to the Cards for a 4th or 5th. They also see a Cards trade down in the first and selecting Verret, however, Pryor is still on their board.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of bringing in a guy who has been a starter elsewhere as I don't believe competition at QB is good for a football team or the possibility even. I'm sure there are a lot of differing opinion but that is mine.

If the Cards want a young QB I'd prefer they draft one. A guy who could sit for two years behind Palmer and take over when Palmer retires after winning SB's XLIX and L.

I like the way you think sir :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id been hearing 5th round. 2nd round is steep but likely the initial bargaining chip.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS speculates that Johnny F is going to Tampa and Glennon to the Cards for a 4th or 5th. They also see a Cards trade down in the first and selecting Verret, however, Pryor is still on their board.

If those scenarios play out I will do the happy dance. Really like Verret & Glennon. Pryor.... meh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn