Mavericks @ Suns 10-17-18 (season opener)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to love watching Ayton grow. So glad the Suns did not take Doncic. I know it's only one game but Luka did not live up to the hype. The game is much faster here than it's in Europe.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker just talked about how Ayton played well against Deandre so the reast of the season he should be OK.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Going to love watching Ayton grow. So glad the Suns did not take Doncic. I know it's only one game but Luka did not live up to the hype. The game is much faster here than it's in Europe.
Had some issues getting his shot over guys on step backs. He will have to get it off quicker at this level.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The ball movement was beautiful.

And Booker... oh Booker. Booker "hot" is as hot as anyone in the league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton 18/10/6/1/1 debut.

Not bad. Way too hesitant underneath the basket on defense. He’ll eventually figure out when/how to defend there

He won't be going against an All Defensive/All NBA big like Jordan every game. That was a hard 1st game matchup but 18 & 10 is more than I would have thought he'd do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m just so excited about the future of this team!

It was so fun to cheer for the team TO WIN for the first time in a few years. I missed basketball!

And to think we have assets to add to this group and Ayton should still improve and we’ve not seen the #10 pick in this past draft yet! Stoked!!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Seriously everyone talked all preseason how Ayton would foul out all the time. I could not see that from his AZ days. He plays defense non contact. If he plays all year just 2 fouls a game, I am happy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Doncic will be fine eventually, but this game was evidence that Ayton is much farther along in terms of player development. Doncic was straight up erratic tonight

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker said he felt sluggish tonight being out. I wonder how good he can play when he is in shape.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, it appears we are set at center, small forward and, of course, shooting guard, but we have gaping holes at power forward and, of course, point guard.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, are they supposed to be better then the suns?

Yes, they were pegged as winning 35-40, ahead of the Suns and a longshot for the playoffs. Jordan and Doncic were supposed to push things forward quite a bit for them and basically get them past rock bottom.