Mavericks @ Suns 10-17-18 (season opener)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks visit the Suns Wednesday evening in a game scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. Arizona time.

It will be televised on ESPN and FSAZ.

Let's get the party started!

Here is more about the game from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook: Phoenix went 1-3 against NBA teams in the preseason with the win coming at back-to-back defending NBA champion Golden State. … Dallas will be without Dirk Nowitzki, who is scheduled to miss “multiple weeks” according to coach Rick Carlisle as he’s still recovering from ankle surgery in April. … The Suns have reportedly signed free agent point guard Jamal Crawford to a one-year deal for $2.4 million. … Two of the top three picks in the 2018 draft will make their regular season debut in Suns center Deandre Ayton and Mavericks point guard Luka Doncic. The NBA.com 2018-19 GM survey has Doncic winning rookie of the year this season at 4 percent. Ayton is at 13 percent behind Doncic, Marvin Bagley III (Sacramento) and Wendell Carter (Chicago) at 17 percent. … Phoenix went 6-5 in its last 11 games of the 2017-18 season to finish with the NBA’s worst record at 21-61.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ns-expectations-low-interest-high/1656228002/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While the Ayton vs Doncic theme is being promoted around the league, the more intriguing matchup to me is Ayton vs Jordan. Deandre Jordan is a very good defensive player, quite athletici, and huge. This is the most difficult challenge that Ayton has had to date. If he struggles, the sky is not falling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
While the Ayton vs Doncic theme is being promoted around the league, the more intriguing matchup to me is Ayton vs Jordan. Deandre Jordan is a very good defensive player, quite athletici, and huge. This is the most difficult challenge that Ayton has had to date. If he struggles, the sky is not falling.
Agreed. And we should be able to throw waves of long athletic defenders at Doncic in JJ, ariza and Bridges (if playing).

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If he doesn’t struggle the suns are probably making the playoffs tho

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Maybe he needs some time to either get in shape or to acclimate with the system?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, anyone want to guess the starting line up tonight. Here is mine.

Booker
Jackson
Ariza
Anderson
Ayton

Warren is the first guy off the bench. Ariza will guard Doncic.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Pretty sure it will be Canaan, Booker, Ariza, Anderson and Ayton. Canaan seems pretty certain that he is going to start.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are sold out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And here is the Suns opening day roster.

This version shows our Point Guards as Booker, Canaan, Melton and Okobo, with Jackson, Crawford and Daniels as Shooting Guards.

Which, of course, means very little at this time.

You must be registered for see images attach

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And here is the Suns opening day roster.

This version shows our Point Guards as Booker, Canaan, Melton and Okobo, with Jackson, Crawford and Daniels as Shooting Guards.

Which, of course, means very little at this time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where is the roster from? If it's from the Suns organization, Booker being listed as a point guard is significant. If it's from a fan, it means absolutely nothing...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Where is the roster from? If it's from the Suns organization, Booker being listed as a point guard is significant. If it's from a fan, it means absolutely nothing...
Considering all the hand written parts of it I'm going to assume it isn't official.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Considering all the hand written parts of it I'm going to assume it isn't official.

Yeah...I figured...But sometimes people take official things and alter them? I get it's a long shot, but I'm open to anything that can briefly convince me that Isaiah Canaan is not our starting point guard.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since there is time before the game, I'll ask this here. Is this the most excited you've ever been to watch a rookie play, like enough that losing won't stop you from staying excited and keeping you from watching? I'm not a Suns fan, but I am happy for the fans and organization that you get this level of excitement for the future. I remember when D-Rose came in and how excited I was to see what he would be, but I didn't feel the same about Brand. I had more for Curry/Chandler than Brand.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since there is time before the game, I'll ask this here. Is this the most excited you've ever been to watch a rookie play, like enough that losing won't stop you from staying excited and keeping you from watching? I'm not a Suns fan, but I am happy for the fans and organization that you get this level of excitement for the future. I remember when D-Rose came in and how excited I was to see what he would be, but I didn't feel the same about Brand. I had more for Curry/Chandler than Brand.

This IS the most excited I've been about a rookie, but it will only temper my disappointment if everything else is bad. Kind of like Rosen and the Cardinals.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson