Mark Asher fired at KTAR

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Well, Wolf is back. Powell actually made Franz much less annoying.

Looks like I'll be listening to Jurecki and Asher today. Not really interested in hearing Doug and Wolf blabber on about nothing for the next 4 hours.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doug and Wolf do tend to ramble, but it does not annoy me on the level that Burns does with his constant repetition of the same point only phrased slightly different because he has nothing informative to add to the discussion. Dave Burns tends to repeat himself. One thing Dave burns does a lot his say the same thing. I guess what I am saying is Burns is repetitive. If you want to hear the same thing over and over Dave Burns is your guy. Do I think Burns repeats himself a lot? Yes. Is Dave Burns capable of stating two original ideas in a row? No. If Dave Burns was here he would be able to repeat this same idea even more, but I am fresh out.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug and Wolf do tend to ramble, but it does not annoy me on the level that Burns does with his constant repetition of the same point only phrased slightly different because he has nothing informative to add to the discussion. Dave Burns tends to repeat himself. One thing Dave burns does a lot his say the same thing. I guess what I am saying is Burns is repetitive. If you want to hear the same thing over and over Dave Burns is your guy. Do I think Burns repeats himself a lot? Yes. Is Dave Burns capable of stating two original ideas in a row? No. If Dave Burns was here he would be able to repeat this same idea even more, but I am fresh out.

Not sure I get your point. Could you reiterate it?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone listen to Kenny and Crash on 910? I wasn't especially happy that they moved Cesmat to online only. I've never listened because I'm not a fan of the whole rock and roll, motor sports thing that they are doing.
I have some wild speculation on them though and was wondering what others thought. I believe they still do their show out of LA even though it's only broadcast in Phoenix. I think this show was forced on 910 by Fox Sports as they are possibly thinking of giving them a national show on motor sports but wanted to give them some radio experience first. I think they'll be short timers here regardless. Again, I could be completely wrong as I haven't even listened to their show but I get a feeling that is what is going on.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These days, my favorite on-air guy is Pat Kirwin on SIRIUS. He provides an excellent GM's perspective.

A problem I have with most talk shows (especially early morning on AM or FM) has to do with the hyped up zany sound effects. They give me a headache.

I'm also not a big fan of call-in "regulars", most notably the truckers who only want to talk about about their Lions, their Chiefs or their Skins. (And of course, Cow Puke fans as a matter of general policy).

As for local radio talent - some guys are better during the regular season; others during the off-season. During the regular season, I want to hear a (non-homer) ex-player who knows football and can dissect Sunday's game on Monday morning.

During the off-season, I want to hear Cardinal rumors and gossip - preferably from someone who's plugged into the front office and also is part of the league-wide network of nfl beat writers.

Seldom, will the first dude be good during the offseason or the second dude be good during the regular season.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Dave Burns is redundant. He repeats things over and over again. I agree he says the same thing 5 different ways to fill time. It is annoying how repetitive he is.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dave Burns is redundant. He repeats things over and over again. I agree he says the same thing 5 different ways to fill time. It is annoying how repetitive he is.

Johnny "Two Times" Gambodoro is the worst! He repeats almost EVERY thing he says twice. Plus, he is loud, obnoxious and is not the sharpest tool in the shed. By far my least favorite talking head in the local sports scene.

I think Burns, Franz and Pauly Pigskin are actually the same dude. They all sound the same and drone on and on and on when they get rolling on a topic.

On a side note, I think it is funny that Bickley is "going down the dial" when he used to bash KTAR unashamedly on his show with Jurecki. Dan is really a hypocrite.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Johnny "Two Times" Gambodoro is the worst! He repeats almost EVERY thing he says twice. Plus, he is loud, obnoxious and is not the sharpest tool in the shed. By far my least favorite talking head in the local sports scene.

I think Burns, Franz and Pauly Pigskin are actually the same dude. They all sound the same and drone on and on and on when they get rolling on a topic.

On a side note, I think it is funny that Bickley is "going down the dial" when he used to bash KTAR unashamedly on his show with Jurecki. Dan is really a hypocrite.

the thing i HATE most about Gambo is that even though he has all the inside information about the suns, he has absolutely no idea how the salary cap works and the rules of trades.

he'll get some sort of rumor and run with it with his own outlandish ideas.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can say what you want about Gambo but he is entertaining and has some good inside info. Give me him over Wolf any day of the week........"my friends".

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Urban is filling in for Gambo today on 620. Should be Cardinals filled per his twitter.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
You can say what you want about Gambo but he is entertaining and has some good inside info. Give me him over Wolf any day of the week........"my friends".

So true. For Suns news especially, Gambo has the inside track. As for the Cards, he knows less than the people on this board. But at least I can listen to him. Wolf's rants have taken on a formulaic approach as of late:

1. Interrupts Doug
2. Turns non-football conversation into and NFL conversation
3. References his playing days
4. Yells real loud.
5. (Name)is a (Trait)because he (action) to (someone else). (i.e. Ryan Braun is a pansy because he lied about using PEDs to the fans).
6. Immediately repeats himself by reversing the order of #5 above and then adding some medieval reference at the end. (And because he lied to the fans about using PED's, Ryan Braun is a pansy and stands deposed...)
7. Talks directly to the listener, like they are having a conversation
7. Tells his NFL story again
8. Gets philosophical, or fails to pronounce words correctly
9. Repeats #5 and #6 above two or three more times
10. Doug cuts him off to go to commercial break.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true. For Suns news especially, Gambo has the inside track. As for the Cards, he knows less than the people on this board. But at least I can listen to him. Wolf's rants have taken on a formulaic approach as of late:

1. Interrupts Doug
2. Turns non-football conversation into and NFL conversation
3. References his playing days
4. Yells real loud.
5. (Name)is a (Trait)because he (action) to (someone else). (i.e. Ryan Braun is a pansy because he lied about using PEDs to the fans).
6. Immediately repeats himself by reversing the order of #5 above and then adding some medieval reference at the end. (And because he lied to the fans about using PED's, Ryan Braun is a pansy and stands deposed...)
7. Talks directly to the listener, like they are having a conversation
7. Tells his NFL story again
8. Gets philosophical, or fails to pronounce words correctly
9. Repeats #5 and #6 above two or three more times
10. Doug cuts him off to go to commercial break.

I tried to listen to him yesterday - couldn't make it past 5 minutes.
Number #3 is getting old - anything to do with the NFL will eventually lead to his playing days.
Add:

#11 - "My brothaaaaaaa" I am not your brother.
#12 - "Basinonians" - it was cute at first, but when you say "Let me tell you Basinonians" or some variation of that 3 times in 3 minutes, drop the schtick.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For us out-of-towners--is Asher done working full-time radio and content with just fill-in spots, or does he want back in the game?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For us out-of-towners--is Asher done working full-time radio and content with just fill-in spots, or does he want back in the game?

Someone on here in this thread said he is a fulltime insurance sales person now and they work with him.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2765440&postcount=154

EDIT - Found it

Haha i work with Mark over there at Axa in North Scottsdale. I had no idea i was working with thee Mark Asher for the first few months haha. Hes a great guy and a smart one at that.

Also, Mark and i would be happy to help out other arizona sports fans. If anyone is interested in some retirement/financial planning, Mark and i would be happy to sit down with anyone at no charge im sure. We can also take a look at anyones investment portfolio and see if theres anywhere where we can offer something better.

PM if interested! Merry xmas everyone!

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I knew he got into the finance industry, but has he voiced any desire to come back? Seems like the biggest no brainer to have him and Jurecki pair up.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Dougleeeeeeeees.

Woooooooow.

Basinonians.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I knew he got into the finance industry, but has he voiced any desire to come back? Seems like the biggest no brainer to have him and Jurecki pair up.

He still does advertising spots, which is weird for a fired personality.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree, that would be a much better show. Hopefully he does, but I have not heard anything.

Reaction score
Dougleeeeeeeees.

Woooooooow.

Basinonians.

I love me some Wolf. I wish I remembered to listen to his show more, but I always forget since online radio is not at the forefront of my mind. I like to annoy some of my Phoenix friends by using his vernacular.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I tried to listen to him yesterday - couldn't make it past 5 minutes.
Number #3 is getting old - anything to do with the NFL will eventually lead to his playing days.
Add:

#11 - "My brothaaaaaaa" I am not your brother.
#12 - "Basinonians" - it was cute at first, but when you say "Let me tell you Basinonians" or some variation of that 3 times in 3 minutes, drop the schtick.

#13 - Fooshaw!
#14 - the pitch where Doug screams "Dot!"

I can respect Wolf as a former player, but yea - all of the above is so played out. And I think Doug is the undisputed worst in the valley - which is really sad as they are all so damn bad... And Dave Burns is nipping at his heels!

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On the cringe scale, Doug has finally surpassed Wolf.

Wolf is annoying. But Doug is just an obnoxious monkey sidekick whos not remotely interesting or witty, and he thinks he is funny.

Burns has been annoying me as of late. He needs to stick to sports talk. When he starts going on his pop culture tangents he gets loopy. And he has a terribly obnoxious laugh. Hes cracks up at everything Gambo says like hes Chris Tucker sitting in there. Its a terrible situation for Phx Sports talk radio when Gambo is leading as one of the best. puke

Side topic - whos that dude around noon on 910? Brand new. Has a sorta Texas accent. His followers are called the Freaks, I believe. I listened to him for about 15 minutes and havent been back yet.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose