Mark Asher fired at KTAR

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tried listening to Doug and Wolf but it was sooooooo bad. Think I will listen to Mike & Mike on the ESPN site. The schtick with Calvisi was some of the worst radio I have ever heard.

I would like to support local radio but cannot torture my brain with Doug and Wolf. They make Burns and Gambo look almost professional by comparison.

Didn't catch Bickley and Marotta, maybe will try them today.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Tried listening to Doug and Wolf but it was sooooooo bad. Think I will listen to Mike & Mike on the ESPN site. The schtick with Calvisi was some of the worst radio I have ever heard.

I would like to support local radio but cannot torture my brain with Doug and Wolf. They make Burns and Gambo look almost professional by comparison.

Didn't catch Bickley and Marotta, maybe will try them today.

Bickley and Marotta are worth a listen. I think they'd be the afternoon drive show if Bick's AZCentral duties didn't preclude him from doing the longer show.

As for Mike and Ike, If I have the choice of listening to a smarmy non-athlete and a concussed ex-NFLer, I'm going to give the edge to the guys who talk local sports, instead of NYC-only hacks.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Bickley and Marotta are great. They're easily the best out of the bunch.

If I recall, didn't Bickley and Morotta do an afternoon show on 910 years back?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always figured it was a money thing. They paid Gambo and Ash a boat load of money to come over to 620 when they first changed to a sports format and wanted to make a splash. They probably figured that the ratings wouldn't take too big of a fall if they went with Burns at a fraction of the cost.

The ratings were great and that usually means tons of advertising revenue. Plus if this was really about money I bet Asher would have said as much after the fact. I think it speaks volumes that Asher was not moved to a different slot and has not been picked up as a full time host elsewhere. Although, that could be just a timing thing as the current hosts of other shows could be under contract.

Reaction score
I loved having Doug and Wolf in the mornings when I lived in Phoenix. I'll definitely be streaming their show on my way to work now! This is (sadly) probably the best news I've heard today.

Wolf in the mornings...WOOOOOOOW

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Wolf still doing that Pantera/Respect bit? I don't change channels. I turn the whole dang thing off when it's on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but if I wan to listen to a cross between a caveman and yogi bear, I would just put on Captain Caveman and Yogi Bear cartoons at the same time. At least those would be entertaining.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, Asher just threw an underhanded nut slap at Wolfey. When said he would watch this Saturday on the NFL network instead of the local braodcast, he said Pasch is ok, but he did not want to listen to the guy that is paid by the team.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, Asher just threw an underhanded nut slap at Wolfey. When said he would watch this Saturday on the NFL network instead of the local braodcast, he said Pasch is ok, but he did not want to listen to the guy that is paid by the team.
I like Asher more now!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like wolfley on the in game color commentary. He gets old as a radio host but during the game he is money.

Pasch is paid by the team too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like wolfley on the in game color commentary. He gets old as a radio host but during the game he is money.

Pasch is paid by the team too.

Pasch is play by play though and does not bring his opinion into it very much. Wolfey is the color guy who is suppsoe to be honest.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pasch is play by play though and does not bring his opinion into it very much. Wolfey is the color guy who is supposed to be honest.
I don't mind homers, but Wolf is too dopey.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pasch is play by play though and does not bring his opinion into it very much. Wolfey is the color guy who is suppsoe to be honest.
isnt every siongle teams color guy employed by the team? The only time they are not is whenj fox and cbs assign their team vs preseason where you get your teams guy.

Cotton fitzsimmons !!!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isnt every siongle teams color guy employed by the team? The only time they are not is whenj fox and cbs assign their team vs preseason where you get your teams guy.

Cotton fitzsimmons !!!

Don't use logic in this conversation, god knows Wolfley wouldn't......:D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't use logic in this conversation, god knows Wolfley wouldn't......:D

this post is like a band of mercenaries plowing through the fields of king henry the third with butterknives made from wood chasing the pixie of touchdown land.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard