Mark Asher fired at KTAR

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great - fire the only sportscaster there that is actually a fan of the local teams first.

Not some Yankee/Cub/etc fan first.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I saw a tweet about the new KTAR lineup this morning and was wondering what happened. Interesting.

Of course, I get my sports talk fix from Chuck and Vince now, so it's not a big deal to me.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Somers was tweeting about it this morning.

kentsomersKent Somers
KTAR lineup will looks like this: ESPN's Mike and Mike in morning, then Colin Cowherd. Burns and Gambo from 11-2, Doug and Wolf, 2-6.

Changes to take place Aug. 15th he said.

The only local morning show will now be Chuck & Vince.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Chuck & Vince have been a godsend from the wandering schtick show .... unfortunately that has wandered to the drive home instead of off the dial

My old boss was good friends with Asher and always said he was a really good guy ... I hope he lands on his feet

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder what happened. G&A have been the #1 show forever but they must have fallen off if Asher got canned and Gambo got moved into the black hole that is the mid-day slot. I'd much rather they'd have gotten rid of Calvisi. I could also do without Kyndra (I'm way too cool for anything, I dont like anything or anyone, nothing is a big deal, I'm cool cuz I'm aloof, My husband is the only cool person in the world) She got old about 2 years ago.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must have screwed the pooch somehow. He and Gambo have been a fixture for about a decade now.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd much rather they'd have gotten rid of Calvisi.

I think they did. Calvisi may have been fired or just left on his own or just focusing on Cards broadcasts now? He used to be Burns Co-Host from 11-2 didnt he? Now its Burns and Gambo.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Weird.

Asher & Burns are the only two regulars that I can tolerate. Both Doug & Wolf are just awful. Totally full of themselves. Wolfley and his constant screaming / fooshaw crap is annoying.

Wonder why the lineup is getting changed.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like kemp in the morning and bickley and jurecki in the afternoo.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've always really liked Doug and Wolf, started listening near day 1. That said, it seems like one of them has been on vacation or sick constantly since football season ended. It gets annoying. I had been listening to Gambo and Ash off and on for a couple years, and was starting to like it more recently. I agree with the earlier comments about Kendra though. She needs to lighten up a little.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Wow, that's surprising. I can't handle the constant screeching from Calvisi and Franz; Wolfley is ok for a little bit, but gets old after a while.

I actually liked Gambo and Ash together; too bad.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Well I guess I won't be listening to ktar anymore. Hopefully gambo amd ash will form up again elsewhere again. I can't blame them for going to ktar at the time but hindsight is 20/20

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Asher remains under contract and will work full-time for the station's website, arizonasports.com.
So if you get demoted from the afternoon drive time show to the webpage, does that also involve a cut in pay too? Gotta wonder what motivation there is for him to choose to remain there with scaled back duties and exposure. Surely he can find another on-air gig somewhere.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you get demoted from the afternoon drive time show to the webpage, does that also involve a cut in pay too? Gotta wonder what motivation there is for him to choose to remain there with scaled back duties and exposure. Surely he can find another on-air gig somewhere.

Could be a noncompete clause in his contract for a certain period of time, even if he was fired.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Never cared for Ash. He and Doug are in the same category and actually, I think Doug knows a bit more about sports than Ash. Not surprised to see this move. I am surprised to see Doug surviving though... :bang:

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Well I was listening to Gambo and Ash the other day. Not sure if it was before or after he found out he was fired (demoted), but he went off on Gambo, calling him an idiot and a moron.

Even though he was correct, because Gambo is a NY homer and makes mistakes all the time, it was very unprofessional. If he wasn't demoted already, that rant would have done it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson