Mark Asher fired at KTAR

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The benefit is Bonneville paid them more for the rights. And as for 620, they just took the last of the local coverage away from the competition. All they have to do now is steal away Jurecki and 910 will be completely worthless.

I know why Bonneville did it. But from the Coyotes side, who's giving them the most money shouldn't be the primary factor. I believe that splitting over three stations with the majority on a small gospel station is detrimental to what they are trying to do.
That being said, things like coaches shows etc on 620, which is by far the leading sports station in the market, could help offset that significantly.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I know why Bonneville did it. But from the Coyotes side, who's giving them the most money shouldn't be the primary factor. I believe that splitting over three stations with the majority on a small gospel station is detrimental to what they are trying to do.
That being said, things like coaches shows etc on 620, which is by far the leading sports station in the market, could help offset that significantly.

I think it was totally about the money. Coyote ownership can say, "See? We're doing everything possible to get profitable so that we don't have to swallow that $50 million poison pill!"

I agree that coaches shows will help offset some of the lost exposure of having games on 3 different stations.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The benefit is Bonneville paid them more for the rights. And as for 620, they just took the last of the local coverage away from the competition. All they have to do now is steal away Jurecki and 910 will be completely worthless.

hes pretty much the only reason I turn 910 on

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asher on 1580 The Fanatic at 8 AM

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bauer needs to go back to being a third wheel. He is compete garbage running his own radio show.

Man, I wish Ash wanted to do sports radio again.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Mark has been doing just fine without being on Sports Radio. He is a partner at a very successful wealth managenent service firm. They have several offices in different states.