Mark Asher fired at KTAR

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
On the cringe scale, Doug has finally surpassed Wolf.

Wolf is annoying. But Doug is just an obnoxious monkey sidekick whos not remotely interesting or witty, and he thinks he is funny.

Burns has been annoying me as of late. He needs to stick to sports talk. When he starts going on his pop culture tangents he gets loopy. And he has a terribly obnoxious laugh. Hes cracks up at everything like Gambo is says like hes Chris Tucker sitting in there. Its a terrible situation for Phx Sports talk radio when Gambo is leading as one of the best. puke

Yep... I believe Doug and Burns are two of the worst sports talk personalities I have ever heard, anywhere in this country. Yes - they are that bad.... Check that - they're worse!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dougleeeeeeeees.

Woooooooow.

Basinonians.

My ears bleed every single time I hear him say those things. It's like listening to Yogi Bear on Prozac. Not that tinkering with his brain chemistry was necessary or anything.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep... I believe Doug and Burns are two of the worst sports talk personalities I have ever heard, anywhere in this country. Yes - they are that bad.... Check that - they're worse!

What's my opinion on Doug and Burns? That's coming up next after the break.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Yes!!! I am so fed up with those weak, unending teasers....that Doug seems so giddy to toss out there, as if he's some 3rd grader who knows something that you don't... What a total HACK!

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Then they'll get sidetracked and forget what was teased and forget to mention it for awhile because much of the time it wasn't worth talking about in the first place.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Anytime Doug teases something, I go to PFT and look at the top headline for a sneak peek.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Doug and Wolf or Gambo and Burns. I preferred Asher to Burns, but Burns isn't bad. However, his analogies drive me crazy sometimes. A couple weeks ago he was comparing the Coyotes ownership situation to Ross and Rachel's relationship on the show friends. It was very, very odd.

I'm just glad Calvisi is gone. That show with Calvisi and Burns was the most unbearable show of all time. I'd rather listen to Barbie Girl on repeat for two hours.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to the original topic. Something tells me something bad went down with Asher. I mean they break up one of the most popular teams ratings wise and Asher is pretty much only doing fill in spots here and there?!?!?

I had a couple friends that worked in radio marketing and these guys once on a hit show always land another job somewhere. This doesn't "smell" like a simple reshuffle of talent by any stretch.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Maybe John hit Mark after Mark "hit" Patti?

I doubt it.

Gambo had nothing but good things to say about Ash after he left. Even wrote an extremely long, positive, article about him.

Was nice having local sports in the AM today. Even if it was Doug and Wolf. Still better than Mike & Mike.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I doubt it.

Gambo had nothing but good things to say about Ash after he left. Even wrote an extremely long, positive, article about him.

Was nice having local sports in the AM today. Even if it was Doug and Wolf. Still better than Mike & Mike.

I sand "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" all the way into work today. Mike and Mike are off the air in PHX and I could not be happier!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I sand "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" all the way into work today. Mike and Mike are off the air in PHX and I could not be happier!

Well, they're still on from, what? 3:00-6:00am?

Not a huge fan of Doug and Wolf but it's nice having local sports talk in the AM again. Really liking Bickley and Vince though.

seesred

Reaction score
This is a very long thread about a sports radio guy? When I got fired the only person that cared was me!

GBR

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This is a very long thread about a sports radio guy? When I got fired the only person that cared was me!

GBR

It has basically turned into a thread about sports talk radio.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I've been listening all day. I gotta say that it is so much better!

Doug and Wolf belong in the mornings.
Can't wait til they get rid of Cowherd and put Chuck Powell in his slot (wishful thinking)
Bickley is (gasp) not that bad, especially with Vince there to keep his ego in check.
Burns and Gambo are fine in their new slot. Sound more like an afternoon drive show than Doug and Wolf ever did.

There are still things they can do to improve, but compared to last week, 620 is light years ahead of the game.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

No it's not. I would rather listen to someone scratching a chalk board versus listening to Wolf. He is beyond terrible. Mike and Mike is not a bad show at all. I still like listening to Mike Golic. I loved when he and Jacobs had a show. It was hilarious.

Don't get me wrong. Would love to have a local regular morning sports talk show. Obviously, I don't consider what Doug and Wold do as counting. :devil:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
No it's not. I would rather listen to someone scratching a chalk board versus listening to Wolf. He is beyond terrible. Mike and Mike is not a bad show at all. I still like listening to Mike Golic. I loved when he and Jacobs had a show. It was hilarious.

Don't get me wrong. Would love to have a local regular morning sports talk show. Obviously, I don't consider what Doug and Wold do as counting. :devil:

Man, you are going way back. I still remember sneaking a radio into school and running an earbud up through my jacket to listen to them in the mornings. :D

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I doubt it.

John did admit on air that he hit Mark, but he did not say why.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
John did admit on air that he hit Mark, but he did not say why.

Wow....didn't hear that one. I figured it had to be one of those things were one of them said, I refuse to work with this guy any longer or there was a falling out with management.

Anything besides that and they would have kept Asher and paired him up with something else. It had to be pretty serious IMO.

I will tell you though.....I would have thought it would have been the other way around and Asher would have punched John. LOL.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I will tell you though.....I would have thought it would have been the other way around and Asher would have punched John. LOL.

Agree. And Asher gets canned for getting hit by Gambo?

Senseless.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I don't care how bad they are, anything is better listening to Green constantly sucking off the NBA and everything associated with it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Agree. And Asher gets canned for getting hit by Gambo?

Senseless.

I always figured it was a money thing. They paid Gambo and Ash a boat load of money to come over to 620 when they first changed to a sports format and wanted to make a splash. They probably figured that the ratings wouldn't take too big of a fall if they went with Burns at a fraction of the cost.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard