Mark Asher fired at KTAR

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like another stri**** uhh ahh I mean dancer orrrr I mean cheerleader.. Certainly BUILT for it :D

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not in radio. He is a financial advisor for a company in Scottsdale.

Haha i work with Mark over there at Axa in North Scottsdale. I had no idea i was working with thee Mark Asher for the first few months haha. Hes a great guy and a smart one at that.

Also, Mark and i would be happy to help out other arizona sports fans. If anyone is interested in some retirement/financial planning, Mark and i would be happy to sit down with anyone at no charge im sure. We can also take a look at anyones investment portfolio and see if theres anywhere where we can offer something better.

PM if interested! Merry xmas everyone!

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha i work with Mark over there at Axa in North Scottsdale. I had no idea i was working with thee Mark Asher for the first few months haha. Hes a great guy and a smart one at that.

Also, Mark and i would be happy to help out other arizona sports fans. If anyone is interested in some retirement/financial planning, Mark and i would be happy to sit down with anyone at no charge im sure. We can also take a look at anyones investment portfolio and see if theres anywhere where we can offer something better.

:nospam:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Cute.. my fiancee really wants to do the "Problems - 99" "Ain't - 1" jerseys/shirts with the Cardinals after she saw an unrelated picture of it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tell Mark to ditch that job and get back to radio where he belongs.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

How does Ash go from radio to being a financial adviser? Just curious. (Sorry for the bump.)

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I miss listening to local sports radio on my morning commute. I cannot believe one of the local stations has not pounced on that opportunity. :-(

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As an out-of-towner, this doesn't affect me, but I'm amazed by how many people do feel strongly about it. Just a question, are any/many of the radio stations in the Phoenix area part of a major media chain?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As an out-of-towner, this doesn't affect me, but I'm amazed by how many people do feel strongly about it. Just a question, are any/many of the radio stations in the Phoenix area part of a major media chain?

XTRA, which is Bickley and MJ, is Clear Channel radio.

KTAR, which is Doug and Wolfley, is ESPN

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KTAR, which is Doug and Wolfley, is ESPN

They are an ESPN affiliate but KTAR isn't owned by ESPN. It's owned by Bonneville International Corporation, which is wholly owned by the Mormon Church.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...unlike most it seems I like Paul Calvisi

The whole Paulie X schtick (Paulie Pigskin, Paulie Preseason, Paulie Pitchfork etc., etc.) drives me crazy for some reason. Why does he have to put his name on everything??

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The whole Paulie X schtick (Paulie Pigskin, Paulie Preseason, Paulie Pitchfork etc., etc.) drives me crazy for some reason. Why does he have to put his name on everything??

+1

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score
They are an ESPN affiliate but KTAR isn't owned by ESPN. It's owned by Bonneville International Corporation, which is wholly owned by the Mormon Church.

This is VERY interesting. I'll have to investigate this more, if its true it is owned by the Mormon church, I'll stop listening to it. I wont support it.