Madden 2006 Thread

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Madden has been pissing me off for the last couple of years. It's the same game with small tweaks. It's become a scam. They used to re-do the graphics every couple of years or so. After seeing NFL 2k5 I know they could do much more with the graphics and take it to another level, but they're being cheap.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is driving me crazy is the $50 price point for EA games. I was organizing my PS2 games the other night and realized I own 2K Sports (ESPN) NCAA hoops, NBA, MLB and NFL games. By dropping the price to $20, I bought all their games except that one played on ice.

A-Bomb

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
How is the basketball ESPN 2k game. It wanted to play that. The EA version was complete crap. You can't fast break, so playing with the Suns is useless.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
JPlay said:
How is the basketball ESPN 2k game. It wanted to play that. The EA version was complete crap. You can't fast break, so playing with the Suns is useless.

I like EA better in B-Ball, but the fastbreak is crap. You can only fastbreak after you get a steal and often your guys don't run.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
espn 2k5 holds no candle to madden, 50$ is normal price for all games not just madden and with the new consoles is gonna come higher priced games.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JPlay said:

ESPN NBA 2K5, Me and my friends play daily, NBA live is garbage, I bought it played a week and have yet to touch it. But ESPN NBA 2K5 switch the camera to 2k5 mode, adjust the zoom to how you like it, put the game on Superstar and the game is sim as you get. Love the game, Me and my friends are Basketball freaks and play it to death. I get the NBA pass and watch as many games as possible, weird because in the NFL, I can't sit and watch many non Card games. I'm just saying if you love B-Ball ESPN Basketball kicks ass. ESPN gets alot closer to what an actual NBA game is like, as opposed to Football games like Madden with insane stats. I wish Football games would be more sim, boring where a TD means something, Football games have too many TD's, Sacks and Ints traded back and forth, I really wish they would go more sim. Dude for the price, pick up ESPN 2K5 B-Ball, you will not regret it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you play on all madden youll see less td's as long as u can keep it out of the cornerbacks hands ;)

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
when in all madden mode, it is hard to keep it out of the cb hands. seems like every other pass is intercepted. when i first started i played rookie mode. that was a joke. i played 6 minute quaters and beat teams 112-0. by week 6, offensive players had pro bowl numbers. just for laughs i plug in jeff george as qb and won the super bowl. i did the same thing with john navarre and kurt kitner. that was fun.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Anyone who thought Madden 05 was better than ESPN is ******** or has extreme love for Madden. Madden hasn't changed, they just rip you off every year. I've already played 4 yrs in Madden franchise. 2 years with Brad Johnson at QB. One with Farve, now I'm alternating between Tim Rattay and a rookie I just drafted. 2 championships, 1 NFC title. 2 on all-pro, one of all madden.

ESPN 2k5 was refreshing. Not perfect but good. I wish they made better B Ball games. I loved NBA Ballers and the first 2 Streets. The Sim games are gettting really bad. I heard AND 1 is coming out with a street game.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ESPN kicked Maddens ass in evey way last year. Madden better be good this year since it monopolized the market. Heck, I may even give the new Blitz a shot over that game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
madden didnt change much but doesnt need to, espn was fun for a week or 2 but its nowhere near as good

sundevil81

Veteran
Reaction score
superstar mode sounds really cool and the video preview during the draft looked impressive...who am i kidding i would shell out the 50 bucks even if they admitted that it was the exact same game as 2005, im addicted.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All 4 ESPN games that were made this year pwned. NFL2k5, NBA2k5, MLB2k5, and NHL2k5 all are some of the best sports games ever made. The most flawed of them is the MLB game, but it's so addicting and fun to play you can overlook most of it's flaws.

Having been a Madden fan and an NBA Live fan for years, NFL2k5 and NBA2k5 both kick the everliving crap out of the EA games in graphics and just sheer FUN gameplay.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Im pretty excited for the new Madden on Xbos 360. Seams like atleast this one will be different then 05.

E3 2005: Madden Next Gen
Shaun Alexander and the Seahawks shown in the new demo.
by Jon Robinson

May 18, 2005 - Shaun Alexander has a scar on his chin. I noticed it when I was interviewing him Super Bowl week, and I noticed it once again during the Madden 360 demo where he is the featured player.

And for anyone who wondered what EA would do with the exclusive NFL license, it's in details like the scar where it the deal seems worth the price.

Because of the exclusive licensing deal, EA has been granted unprecedented access to the NFL players, and have actually used head-scan technology for 150 of the top players in the league. And the results are simply unbelievable. From the scar on Alexander's chin to the scratches on his neck to the cut of his hair to the red in the corner of his eyes, if you've seen Shaun Alexander in real life, you'll be left dumbfounded by the comparisons. Even details down to the different stitching in his jersey is noticeable.

In fact, the level of player detail is ten times that of the current generation, while the level of details in each stadium is 50 times greater.

Taking a tour of Quest Field, you can even find any seat in the house, move the camera up to that seat, then check out the view from your favorite seats. You can even check out the view from the field box by where TO signed the ball with his infamous Sharpie. The artists working on the game visited every stadium two times this year to capture ever nuance, every banner, every speaker, every power box on the side of a random wall (seriously, there are even power boxes), to the interiors of the luxury suites. Even all the scoreboards are accurate and working, as the double Quest scoreboards displaying the offensive and defensive statistics will be updated throughout the game.

But while stadiums are cool, it's the player movement and animations that are going to be the key to Madden's success. From stiff arms to growls and snarls, to the way Shaun Alexander gets hit low by Brian Dawkins and flips into the end zone on his head, Madden for the Xbox 360 looks to be capturing the spirit and excitement of NFL football.

And while EA Sports paid an obscene amount of money to grab the NFL exclusive, it looks like the move is really paying off.

Working closer with the league and its players than ever before, EA is hoping to deliver the most authentic football videogame ever created, right down to the scar on Shaun Alexander's chin.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if you sit in the south end zone if you will see a fight break out. That would be truly revolutionary. I hope its good. Its all we got. Game play and presentation need improvements. Graphics alone wont do it.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
I wonder if you sit in the south end zone if you will see a fight break out. That would be truly revolutionary. I hope its good. Its all we got. Game play and presentation need improvements. Graphics alone wont do it.
Tasers would be nice to see.:thumbup:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we will get to have a member of CSC Event Staff threaten to kick us out for bringing in a plastic horn. Maybe we will get to see a free Monday Night game in Sun Devil sell out to capacity only to raise a dollar a head for fire victims. And if the game is really good, we can order some chili cheese fries behind section 41. Those are the things I'm looking for in the XBOX 360 version.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Who cares how good Madden looks next year if they don't fix the obnoxious "the computer decided this pass would be completed despite taveling through the center of the defenders torso". Or, my all time favorite, "receiver stops from a full stride at the sideline and the way overthrown ball stops and drops vertically into now motionless receivers hands."

EA is garbage.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
How about when you're reciever is wide open and suddenly the DB gets an amazing burst of speed and a huge jump to tip the ball away at the last second.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy the fat slow middle linebacker that somehow jumps seven to eight feet into the air to intercept a pass.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I always enjoy the fat slow middle linebacker that somehow jumps seven to eight feet into the air to intercept a pass.

Or when someone uses the hitstick your player is drawn into it from 8 feet away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard