Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m a fan of winning a championship. This win does nothing for our long term good. Not to mention, this win actually helps out Dallas and the 9ers.
The front office set this team up for failure from the get go.
Quebec doesnt care about a championship. He would rather preach to everyone else about how the 4th win of the season is important, and how there is no difference between the #2 pick and the #4 pick in a draft with 1 elite talent.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When we are considering paying Hollywood Brown as our #1 WR in the offseason because we lost out on MHJ and can't get a decent FA to sign with us....There wasnt a bigger need/fit than MHJ to the Cardinals. A #1 WR is arguably our biggest need, and there hasnt been a WR prospect this good since Calvin Johnson.

Now its completely out of our control. Maybe we will still end up with MHJ, but I doubt it. If we even consider another WR at #4 then Monti should be fired.

Chances are that the decision on bringing back Hollywood on a 'prove it' deal will come before the draft.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that win was as enjoyable a Cards game that I’ve seen in quite some time.

This team doesn’t quit on this staff. This staff keeps this teams players head where it needs to be. The talent level marched out on that field today wasn’t nowhere near what the Eagles have on the other side. By all metrics this should have been a blow out.

Congrats to Gannon going in there beating his old team.

Great game overall by Kyler. If he could just keep that level of play consistently we can all have hope for the future. Regardless of draft position. Same for Wilson.

We still have 2 #1 picks in this draft and I’m excited to see what MO does with them regardless of where they fall.

Fun Sunday.

I said it to Jon on fB, I'm having nostalgia to when I first became a cards fan as a kid. The white uniforms, the Cardiac Cards coming from behind etc.

Clearly Murray and Jim Hart are polar opposite QB's but still the 2nd half today that's what kept me as a Cards fan as a kid. I became one because I was born in Missouri, but grew up in Ca since 2 years old, liked the uniforms liked the helmets, and then Hart and Gray and especially Terry Metcalf were just fun to watch.

Today was like that again for me

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Quebec doesnt care about a championship. He would rather preach to everyone else about how the 4th win of the season is important, and how there is no difference between the #2 pick and the #4 pick in a draft with 1 elite talent.

Too dumb for a response.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Of course I was a fan. And I don’t care about all the draft jocking and empty threats by Eli and his family. In the end

Yes. His career success at the QB position imo far more valuable to a franchise than what Fitz brought to the table long term. I say that knowing Fitz was amazing and incredible HOF player for this team.
I disagree. Ben on this team would have been out of the NFL within 5 years. The Steelers could have won the Superbowl that year with Matt Schaub...who was taken in the 3rd round.

You take Rothlesberger off the Steelers..and you think hes winning SB's?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Ben on this team would have been out of the NFL within 5 years. The Steelers could have won the Superbowl that year with Matt Schaub...who was taken in the 3rd round.

You take Rothlesberger off the Steelers..and you think hes winning SB's?
I think his play over his career speaks for itself. He’s a HOFer as well. Of course he played with some great defenses but it’s hard to argue his overall body of work.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Nabers doesn't make it to 10. I think he's destined to be a Charger unless they completely blow it up on the DL. Then he might make it to 10 or 11.
Maybe. I think you will have legit conversations about who is the #2 WR in this draft...Nabers, Odunze, etc. There is no question who is #1. I could also see the quality of WR's 2-8 pushing them all down into the teens where there will be a run.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think his play over his career speaks for itself. He’s a HOFer as well. Of course he played with some great defenses but it’s hard to argue his overall body of work.
Agree to Disagree. I think if we had drafted Rothlesberger he would have had a similar career to Matt Leinart.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I dont agree with any of this, at all and it will become more clear as people actually watch tape leading up to the draft. The fluidness, change of direction, and YAC ability of Nabers blows MHJ out of the water. MHJ has the height but the hips are stiff and he is a straight line guy.

You can watch Nabers blow by Alabama and other top defenses while MHJ played a whole lot of no names, western Kentucky, Maryland, etc. The evaluations and concensus will look a LOT different 4 months from now I can guarantee that.
You realize Nabers was playing with the heisman trophy winner and Harrison was playing with a guy who just transferred to Syracuse??

The evaluations will only enhance Harrison as the clear #1.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe. I think you will have legit conversations about who is the #2 WR in this draft...Nabers, Odunze, etc. There is no question who is #1. I could also see the quality of WR's 2-8 pushing them all down into the teens where there will be a run.
Honestly...... Like has been said, I think Nabers is closer to MHJ than Odunze and Coleman are to Nabers.

It’s going to be fun watching people talk themselves into Nabers, Odunze, Rome, etc. being just a “notch below” Harrison.

Agreed. MHJ is a better prospect than Jamar Chase IMO.

The analogy earlier is correct. Nabers is a half mile from MHJ and Odunze is two miles from Nabers.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If MHJ played anywhere but OSU Cbus would likely agree lol
Maybe. But I’ve seen every game and know how good he is.

People seem to agree seeing as he was the only non-QB for heisman.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still want MHJ and I still think it's possible. Wouldn't stun me at all if NE beats the Jets for example. you know full well BB isn't going to tank, the Jets are not that good right now. Even if we end up 4th, it's still possible.

It was more likely at 2 of course but it's still possible at 4.

I'll worry about that on draft day, right now I'm enjoying that my favorite team for 48 years hasn't quit on their coach.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Agreed. MHJ is a better prospect than Jamar Chase IMO.

The analogy earlier is correct. Nabers is a half mile from MHJ and Odunze is two miles from Nabers.
AJ & Julio in 2011 are the only prospects in MHJ's category IMO. Then it's Megatron in 07 who is ahead of all three.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is kind of like the idea that MHJ was going back to Ohio St, If the Bears aren't taking a QB, they will trade out of the 1 spot.
Bears fans really think the Commanders or Patriots will still give up a haul for the #1 pick to still take Harrison.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison