Let's talk about Derrick Brown

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... Kennard scares me. He wasn't highly productive and he was rarely double teamed. And even though he wasn't double teamed, he could only "win" 1 out of 10 pass sets.

Even his 7 sacks last year were an anomaly.
3 in game one versus the Cards and then
1 in games 9, 10, & 11 against Chicago, Dallas, & Washington
1 in week 14 vs. Tampa.

He plays 80% of the snaps on the year, and has an 8 week gap between sacks in 2019.

In 2018 he played over 90% of the defensive snaps and had 5 of his 7 sacks in the first 5 weeks. Then 2 in his last 11 games.

Who knows what will happen at home and with Chandler..... but I'm not super excited about him personally as a player.
I’ve been wondering if Reddick will take his snaps on passing downs. Kinnard is solid all around and very good against the run. I don’t love the money we gave up but he’s a great character guy and has always been healthy.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We can get out of Kennard contract after 1 year as well (Campbell's is a basically a 1 year deal).

Neither of these deals negate picking Simmons. In fact, they sort of imply that we will be adding a LB.

You must be registered for see images attach

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's dumb? Quinnen's dominance in college or his inability to adapt to an NFL level of talent in his rookie season?

DT's are historically hard to project. Especially interior DLineman with ridiculous strength but lighted technique. It's why so few go in the top 10 unless they are dominant pass rushers. Something QW showed in his final college season and DT didn't. His pass rushing is why he was picked #3.

DB had 50 to 75% of the stats Williams did. It's not debatable. In the same conference with roughly the same level of talent.

I totally agree with you and that is my issue: DT's are historically hard to project. There are just too many hits and misses with this position especially being in the top 10 picks of the draft. Bottom line for me that I hope the Cards pass on Brown with their pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson