LB K.Dansby to return to Arizona?

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
It makes for a perfect fit with LB D.Washington suspended for 4 games. New DC T.Bowles is familiar with Dansby from his days with Miami Dolphins and the Cardinals can sign Dansby at a very fair price. This signing would make "too much" sense. Both sides really need each other.

Then in Week 5 we line up LB Washington and LB Dansby next to each other :)

Go Cardinals!
-Tim
@SheriffK9NJ

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Someone refresh my memory. Didn't he bad mouth us or leave on suspiciously bad terms? I vaguely remember something negative when he left.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone refresh my memory. Didn't he bad mouth us or leave on suspiciously bad terms? I vaguely remember something negative when he left.

he left for money and was an arrogant guy. thats all i remember. nothing extraordinary

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think it would be great. Don't think he would cost too much and they could be on the field together when DWash returns.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'll still take Dwash for 12 games over Dansby for 16

But I'd take DWash for 12 games PLUS Dansby for 16 games over DWash for 12 and that newscaster Brinckley or whatever his name is for 16.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No he left because they couldn't get a deal completed. Graves put Dansby in a bad light by saying he reneged on a deal but I have yet to see any evidnce of that. All Dansby did was produce at a high level year after year on the F tag designation, never complain, and was the teams best defensive player and leader.

But, for some reason, people were glad to see our best defensive player wak away for nothing and then have Graves turn around and give a similar deal to Stewart Bradley.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
But I'd take DWash for 12 games PLUS Dansby for 16 games over DWash for 12 and that newscaster Brinckley or whatever his name is for 16.

I agree completely. Just saying that if I had to choose, DWash, no question in my mind

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Why all the venom directed at Dansby? He was a good player here in Arizona. He isn't as good as he used to be but if we can get him on the cheap for a one year deal why not?

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why all the venom directed at Dansby? He was a good player here in Arizona. He isn't as good as he used to be but if we can get him on the cheap for a one year deal why not?

my posts weren't intended as venom. I'd love to get him again. But DWash is arguably my favorite Cardinal. He is a much better player and person than Dansby

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my posts weren't intended as venom. I'd love to get him again. But DWash is arguably my favorite Cardinal. He is a much better player and person than Dansby

and "person" than Dansby? what is this based on? because Dansby was selfish and wanted more money? if that's the case, what's more selfish... a guy who asks what he thinks he deserves $ wise and goes and gets it... or a guy who willfully does something that he KNOWS will hurt his own team and puts his career at risk? not saying it makes Washington a bad guy, but I don't know how you're judging him to be a better person then Dansby.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
and "person" than Dansby? he's a better player, but I never remember Dansby WILLFULLY hurting his own team by doing something as stupid as Washington has now apparently repeatedly done.

Yup. Karlos Dansby was a 2-year captain (at least) as voted on by his teammates.

Daryl Washington has yet to be named captain (or wear the green dot), meanwhile Paris Lenon had that designation--by his teammates.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd love Dansby back at least for one season, in this case.

This is a misleading title, though.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and "person" than Dansby? what is this based on? because Dansby was selfish and wanted more money? if that's the case, what's more selfish... a guy who asks what he thinks he deserves $ wise and goes and gets it... or a guy who willfully does something that he KNOWS will hurt his own team and puts his career at risk? not saying it makes Washington a bad guy, but I don't know how you're judging him to be a better person then Dansby.
fair point. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on that. And I wasn't saying Dansby was a bad person either. But I thought I remembered hearing he was a distraction in the locker room during all the contract talks and whatnot at the end of his time here. I had never heard a thing negative about Wash until this. But I do agree. It was stupidly selfish. I don't think it's anything he can't get past though (assuming it is just pot and not heroin or crack or something. But he doesn't look like those could be options). And I still expect him to sport a C this year too

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd love Dansby back at least for one season, in this case.

This is a misleading title, though.

hell, I'd love him back for a year or 2 in any case. I think he would improve the LB corps regardless

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson