31. New Orleans Saints

DeVonta Smith

WR, Alabama

32. Kansas City Chiefs

Derion Kendrick

CB, Clemson

###

A couple thoughts.

On the Cardinals pick, I think some of this is going to be dependent on what happens with Reddick, Golden and Chandler Jones. If we are franchising Reddick and restructuring Jones, we are probably going to lean for more size opposite of Reddick and go with a guy like Oweh or Zavien Collins. If we let Reddick go, Ojulari and Ossai are more in play because Golden can rotate with Jones and those guys can learn behind Kennard. EDGE is easy to project in round 1 because the talent available matches the needs of the team unlike CB or IOL.

On QBs...there are a bunch of teams that need them but only so many you can really project in round 1. Something crazy might occur where Dallas or Detroit or Atlanta trades their respective QBs and really starts over, but that is another thing that is tough to project.

Re: WRs...fit and roster will dictate a bit. Marshall goes higher because he is close in talent but offers a nice complement to Raegor.

I hate projecting a TE to NE, but Pitts is so talented it is tough not to and the depth at WR makes it an easy decision IMO.

Lots of cap strapped teams so we may actually see more trades than usual. Eagles and Falcons especially. Saints and Chiefs as well.

Let me know if you all have other questions.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice work.:raccoon:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers and Dallas select their QBOTF in this draft. 2nd round maybe?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. New York Jets

Trevor Lawrence

QB, Clemson

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

3. Cincinnati Bengals

Penei Sewell

OT, Oregon

4. Los Angeles Chargers

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

5. Dallas Cowboys

Patrick Surtain II

CB, Alabama

6. Carolina Panthers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

7. Atlanta Falcons

Caleb Farley

CB, Virginia Tech

8. Miami Dolphins

Micah Parsons

LB, Penn State

9. Philadelphia Eagles

Terrace Marshall Jr.

WR, LSU

10. New York Giants

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

11. Detroit Lions

Jaylen Waddle

WR, Alabama

12. San Francisco 49ers

Jaycee Horn

CB, South Carolina

13. Denver Broncos

Gregory Rousseau

EDGE, Miami

14. Minnesota Vikings

Christian Darrisaw

OT, Virginia Tech

15. New England Patriots

Kyle Pitts

TE, Florida

16. Chicago Bears

Rashawn Slater

OT, Northwestern

17. Las Vegas Raiders

Kwity Paye

EDGE, Michigan

18. Baltimore Ravens

Joseph Ossai

EDGE, Texas

19. Washington

Kyle Trask

QB, Florida

20. Arizona Cardinals

Jayson Oweh

EDGE, Penn State

21. Miami Dolphins

Wyatt Davis

IOL, Ohio State

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Zaven Collins

LB, Tulsa

23. Indianapolis Colts

Jalen Mayfield

OT, Michigan

24. Tennessee Titans

Azeez Ojulari

EDGE, Georgia

25. New York Jets

Rashod Bateman

WR, Minnesota

26. Jacksonville Jaguars

Samuel Cosmi

OT, Texas

27. Cleveland Browns

Nick Bolton

LB, Missouri

28. Buffalo Bills

Patrick Jones II

EDGE, Pittsburgh

29. Green Bay Packers

Shaun Wade

CB, Ohio State

30. Pittsburgh Steelers

Liam Eichenberg

OT, Notre Dame

31. New Orleans Saints

DeVonta Smith

WR, Alabama

32. Kansas City Chiefs

Derion Kendrick

CB, Clemson

###

A couple thoughts.

On the Cardinals pick, I think some of this is going to be dependent on what happens with Reddick, Golden and Chandler Jones. If we are franchising Reddick and restructuring Jones, we are probably going to lean for more size opposite of Reddick and go with a guy like Oweh or Zavien Collins. If we let Reddick go, Ojulari and Ossai are more in play because Golden can rotate with Jones and those guys can learn behind Kennard. EDGE is easy to project in round 1 because the talent available matches the needs of the team unlike CB or IOL.

On QBs...there are a bunch of teams that need them but only so many you can really project in round 1. Something crazy might occur where Dallas or Detroit or Atlanta trades their respective QBs and really starts over, but that is another thing that is tough to project.

Re: WRs...fit and roster will dictate a bit. Marshall goes higher because he is close in talent but offers a nice complement to Raegor.

I hate projecting a TE to NE, but Pitts is so talented it is tough not to and the depth at WR makes it an easy decision IMO.

Lots of cap strapped teams so we may actually see more trades than usual. Eagles and Falcons especially. Saints and Chiefs as well.

I don't envy Keim on that choice. He's got to decide between a 31 year old with only a year left who was really poor in 4 games before injury. A guy who's 5th year option you declined and only has one year of production (a big chunk of which came in 1 game) and a 29 year old you traded a 5th for who has been functional rather than great.

I include CJ because they can save $15m next year by trading him.

One things for sure. Whoever it cuts loose will have the best season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the biggest crap shoot ever. ASU is going to have 4 games this year. That’s insane.

BPA I don’t even care in this draft. Doesn’t matter what position this year. However I do think teams are going to get more steals later in the draft because guys are going to slipthrough the cracks this year because there isn’t going to be a lot of game film on these sleepers like there normally would.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is the biggest crap shoot ever. ASU is going to have 4 games this year. That’s insane.

BPA I don’t even care in this draft. Doesn’t matter what position this year. However I do think teams are going to get more steals later in the draft because cause are going to skip through the cracks this year because there isn’t going to be a lot of game film on these sleepers like there normally would.
It is going to be interesting for sure. I figure some team will prioritize traits and personality and others will try to look at production and value you that. Small school players will likely get under-drafted because of the lack of scouting done. SEC guys probably over-drafted because of the competition level they play against. Lot of teams will go off of 2019 scouting reports and just try to see if the player reinforced what they liked in that report.

There are going to be some steals in the mid rounds for sure.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't envy Keim on that choice. He's got to decide between a 31 year old with only a year left who was really poor in 4 games before injury. A guy who's 5th year option you declined and only has one year of production (a big chunk of which came in 1 game) and a 29 year old you traded a 5th for who has been functional rather than great.

CJ's contract is going to be redone. There is no way he plays out that deal as it is better for him that he gets a new deal and the team doesn't want that 20 mil hit. Reddick is in the lead for the franchise tag especially if Vance stays unless the team really wants to gamble on the comp pick market. Golden likely re-signs as well.

Personally, I think they will all be brought back next year and we will draft one high. Try to have OLB as a position of strength, get more info, and make long term decisions heading into 2022.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I would resign Reddick and trade Jones if you could find a taker. He is 4 years younger than Jones and Golden.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice work.:raccoon:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers and Dallas select their QBOTF in this draft. 2nd round maybe?
Dallas is in a great spot trade Dak and take a QB. Just not sure if they will even if I would.

49ers are definitely within striking distance to go to 3 or 4 and get Zach Wilson. The tough part is the teams in those spot. Cincy doesn't like to trade back and Chargers are eyeing either Sewell or Jamar Chase. They may not see the same value in moving.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas is in a great spot trade Dak and take a QB. Just not sure if they will even if I would.

49ers are definitely within striking distance to go to 3 or 4 and get Zach Wilson. The tough part is the teams in those spot. Cincy doesn't like to trade back and Chargers are eyeing either Sewell or Jamar Chase. They may not see the same value in moving.

Skip and Shannon brought this up. The team that trades for Dak is also going to have to pay Dak. The argument was why am I going to give up all this draft capital AND have to pay this guy crazy money. Nobody is going to want to do that

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would resign Reddick and trade Jones if you could find a taker. He is 4 years younger than Jones and Golden.

would you have picked Reddick over Jones a week ago? Or two weeks ago? This dude has been MIA for a month and has a great game and now guys want to get rid of the most dominate pass rusher I’ve ever seen in a Cardinal uniform. Na.

Jones also has a game that suggest it’s going to age well. He’s not some freak athlete his game is all about fundamentals he has the best hands at the positions.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice job and that is a lot of work!

I just can't see the Chargers taking another WR.
...Jamar Chase is special. They will likely let Mike Williams go after next year (or even next year) which would leave them will older Keanan Allen and Guyton. I think they would prefer Sewell but unless they love Darrisaw at 4, Chase is easily BPA and they can get an OT in round 2.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Skip and Shannon brought this up. The team that trades for Dak is also going to have to pay Dak. The argument was why am I going to give up all this draft capital AND have to pay this guy crazy money. Nobody is going to want to do that
It depends on the team. Will Dallas get multiple 1sts...no, not with the contract. Would the Colts give up a 1st and 4th to maximize a good roster in a good cap place, sure.

Bears, Colts, Giants and Washington are all kinda in a dead zone for QBs but seem to think they have a decent roster and their HC (other than Chicago). Philly, Detroit, Dallas, and Atlanta all kinda want to reset their rosters and cap and maybe or have already moved off their HCs. Dallas is just in the best spot because they would not need to trade up for a QB in this draft.

The Colts and the Football Team are both top 5 in cap space.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Mike Will most likely won’t be back. It’ll literally just be Keenan & friends.

I love Allen but he has a back issue he's on my fantasy team and literally 4-5 times he's been on the injury list with a sore back and he even I think missed a game. He came out late yesterday for the same thing. I hope it's something that can heal but great player who's suddenly looking much older than 28. So I wouldn't be stunned to see them take a WR for the reasons you said plus they have some concerns Allen might have an issue that won't get better.

Saw him at Cal I knew he was good but had no idea he'd be this good. They got him in a package deal his older half brother Zach Maynard played at Buffalo, he transferred to Cal sat out Keenan's freshman year and then played 2 years at Cal. He started most of both years small lefty not very accurate not a bad player but I remember thinking the irony was Allen's own half brother was partly responsible for holding him back.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Well, Mike Will most likely won’t be back. It’ll literally just be Keenan & friends.

I thought Mike Williams got his 5th year option - just a lot of money tied up in WR when they really need defense and OL.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. New York Jets

Trevor Lawrence

QB, Clemson

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

3. Cincinnati Bengals

Penei Sewell

OT, Oregon

4. Los Angeles Chargers

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

5. Dallas Cowboys

Patrick Surtain II

CB, Alabama

6. Carolina Panthers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

7. Atlanta Falcons

Caleb Farley

CB, Virginia Tech

8. Miami Dolphins

Micah Parsons

LB, Penn State

9. Philadelphia Eagles

Terrace Marshall Jr.

WR, LSU

10. New York Giants

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

11. Detroit Lions

Jaylen Waddle

WR, Alabama

12. San Francisco 49ers

Jaycee Horn

CB, South Carolina

13. Denver Broncos

Gregory Rousseau

EDGE, Miami

14. Minnesota Vikings

Christian Darrisaw

OT, Virginia Tech

15. New England Patriots

Kyle Pitts

TE, Florida

16. Chicago Bears

Rashawn Slater

OT, Northwestern

17. Las Vegas Raiders

Kwity Paye

EDGE, Michigan

18. Baltimore Ravens

Joseph Ossai

EDGE, Texas

19. Washington

Kyle Trask

QB, Florida

20. Arizona Cardinals

Jayson Oweh

EDGE, Penn State

21. Miami Dolphins

Wyatt Davis

IOL, Ohio State

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Zaven Collins

LB, Tulsa

23. Indianapolis Colts

Jalen Mayfield

OT, Michigan

24. Tennessee Titans

Azeez Ojulari

EDGE, Georgia

25. New York Jets

Rashod Bateman

WR, Minnesota

26. Jacksonville Jaguars

Samuel Cosmi

OT, Texas

27. Cleveland Browns

Nick Bolton

LB, Missouri

28. Buffalo Bills

Patrick Jones II

EDGE, Pittsburgh

29. Green Bay Packers

Shaun Wade

CB, Ohio State

30. Pittsburgh Steelers

Liam Eichenberg

OT, Notre Dame

31. New Orleans Saints

DeVonta Smith

WR, Alabama

32. Kansas City Chiefs

Derion Kendrick

CB, Clemson

###

A couple thoughts.

I know Daniel Jones was a disaster yesterday, but I just dont see them drafting a QB in round 1 yet.

However, Lance falling to the 49ers would concern me. Maybe not for next year, but in 2 to 3 years.

So I hope he somehow does end up going top 10.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CJ's contract is going to be redone. There is no way he plays out that deal as it is better for him that he gets a new deal and the team doesn't want that 20 mil hit. Reddick is in the lead for the franchise tag especially if Vance stays unless the team really wants to gamble on the comp pick market. Golden likely re-signs as well.

Personally, I think they will all be brought back next year and we will draft one high. Try to have OLB as a position of strength, get more info, and make long term decisions heading into 2022.

I don't see it. They are paying Kennard 8m too. They can get out of it for nearly 4m in dead cap buts that's still 4m to that room and means they paid Kennard 12.5m to play about 20% of snaps tops.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. New York Jets

Trevor Lawrence

QB, Clemson

A given but they could get a King's ransom in a trade down.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

Wrong QB in this loaded QB class .

4. Los Angeles Chargers

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

Can they draft a HC

6. Carolina Panthers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

Perfect choice and the one Jags should choose if not Kyle Trask in a trade down

10. New York Giants

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

Why?????????

13. Denver Broncos

Gregory Rousseau

EDGE, Miami

Jaelen Phillips same school might be a better choice

15. New England Patriots

Kyle Pitts

TE, Florida

OK, but they need a QB and can grab Brevin Jordan Miami TE in 2nd

19. Washington

Kyle Trask

QB, Florida

Brilliant pick if he lasts this long

21. Miami Dolphins

Wyatt Davis

IOL, Ohio State

They need a WR desperately

25. New York Jets

Rashod Bateman

WR, Minnesota

DeVonta Smith Alabama WR

30. Pittsburgh Steelers

Liam Eichenberg

OT, Notre Dame

Good spot for the first RB taken Najee Harris/Etienne. Connors is not a #1 RB

31. New Orleans Saints

DeVonta Smith

WR, Alabama

He is gone take the next guy

The 2nd round will be loaded with talent and better value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know Daniel Jones was a disaster yesterday, but I just dont see them drafting a QB in round 1 yet.

However, Lance falling to the 49ers would concern me. Maybe not for next year, but in 2 to 3 years.

So I hope he somehow does end up going top 10.
Joe Judge is smart enough to know that he isn't going to be successful without a better QB. His argument may likely be that they won't be in this position again and so they need to upgrade now. He can even say that he gave Jones his shot. They don't have a TON of needs in round 1. They just drafted their LT, they have depth at WR/TE, no CBs really worth it, and deep edge rush class.

In the end, you may be correct, but Daniel Jones has gotten a lot of reps and has not looked good at all.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as an aside: i am loving the fact that its closing in on mid-December and i dont have to think too hard about the draft and next year

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
1. New York Jets

Trevor Lawrence

QB, Clemson

A given but they could get a King's ransom in a trade down.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

Wrong QB in this loaded QB class .

4. Los Angeles Chargers

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

Can they draft a HC

6. Carolina Panthers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

Perfect choice and the one Jags should choose if not Kyle Trask in a trade down

10. New York Giants

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

Why?????????

13. Denver Broncos

Gregory Rousseau

EDGE, Miami

Jaelen Phillips same school might be a better choice

15. New England Patriots

Kyle Pitts

TE, Florida

OK, but they need a QB and can grab Brevin Jordan Miami TE in 2nd

19. Washington

Kyle Trask

QB, Florida

Brilliant pick if he lasts this long

21. Miami Dolphins

Wyatt Davis

IOL, Ohio State

They need a WR desperately

25. New York Jets

Rashod Bateman

WR, Minnesota

DeVonta Smith Alabama WR

30. Pittsburgh Steelers

Liam Eichenberg

OT, Notre Dame

Good spot for the first RB taken Najee Harris/Etienne. Connors is not a #1 RB

31. New Orleans Saints

DeVonta Smith

WR, Alabama

He is gone take the next guy

The 2nd round will be loaded with talent and better value.
Always enjoy your responses.

Giants in my mind go QB because it is evident Jones is not a quality QB. They will want to start their process asap and Judge will want a guy he chose not one he inherited. Also, it isn't a terrible fit in terms of where they are in the draft. Top of round 2 is a decent spot for a pass rusher. If Parsons falls, maybe it is a debate.

The QB question for NE is really interesting. Not sure I am ready to claim they will go after one.

RE: Miami. They need a better interior OL and it is a deep WR draft. I think they will look to protect Tua first.

I think Bateman is a better complement to Dezel Mims than DeVonta Smith and his game plays better to the outdoors.

Steelers have a history of getting skill position players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...I think they will wait on RB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of think Jay Tufele could be a dark horse pick for us

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose