Lakers @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 5-25-2021 - Game #2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are going to come out pissed. This is where CP3 has provided leadership all season. He doesn't panic. That's what this team needs. If the Lakers go on a run or get pumped up don't overreact to it. Play your game.

Let's see how much CP3 has rubbed off on the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are going to come out pissed. This is where CP3 has provided leadership all season. He doesn't panic. That's what this team needs. If the Lakers go on a run or get pumped up don't overreact to it. Play your game.

Let's see how much CP3 has rubbed off on the team.

Davis will come out most pissed, IMO. DA has stay locked in and not get into early foul trouble.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davis will come out most pissed, IMO. DA has stay locked in and not get into early foul trouble.

Historically LeBron has been a beast after a loss in the playoffs. So, it could be a double edged sword. This team can't panic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

True, but this is not the same Lebron. He does not even appear to be capable of driving around anybody right now with the condition of his ankle. At least I am hoping that is still the case.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a Laker Anthony Davis seems to go off after scoring less than 20 in a playoff game.

He 18 points and 5 boards vs Portland in game 4 and followed that with 43 & 9 in game 5.

He had 13 & 11 in game 5 vs Houston but followed that with 37 & 10 in game 1 vs Denver.

He had 15 and 5 vs Miami in game 3 and followed that with 22 & 9 with 4 blocks in a game 4 win.

That's why LeBron was quoted as saying he loves it when Davis talks like that when he was told Davis took complete fault for the loss against us in game 1. Ayton best be ready.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meh, maybe a bit hyperbolic, but he did get hit hard by Harrell.

Edit: Re-watched it and it definitely wasn't as bad as I remembered. Think he caught Payne off balance and made it look worse.
Yeah in real time it looked worse than it was.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some are thinking we see Marc Gasol in this game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder on the Suns size disadvantage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder wants to hear the fans.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder on Chris Paul's shoulder.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a Laker Anthony Davis seems to go off after scoring less than 20 in a playoff game.

He 18 points and 5 boards vs Portland in game 4 and followed that with 43 & 9 in game 5.

He had 13 & 11 in game 5 vs Houston but followed that with 37 & 10 in game 1 vs Denver.

He had 15 and 5 vs Miami in game 3 and followed that with 22 & 9 with 4 blocks in a game 4 win.

That's why LeBron was quoted as saying he loves it when Davis talks like that when he was told Davis took complete fault for the loss against us in game 1. Ayton best be ready.
The question is why was AD absent in game 1? It's the playoffs for Pete's sake. If he is nursing an injury and he comes out gangbusters, he is likely going to hurt himself. It's not like iits a mental thing and DA is intimidating him. AD is the vet. AD is the player with the mental advantage. AD might have a monster game in game 2, but the evidence indicates that if he was capable of that, he would have had a monster game in game 1.

I expect him to be better in game 2, I guess. My head says he is wounded. My hearts says its the Lakers and well. . . be afraid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is why was AD absent in game 1? It's the playoffs for Pete's sake. If he is nursing an injury and he comes out gangbusters, he is likely going to hurt himself. It's not like iits a mental thing and DA is intimidating him. AD is the vet. AD is the player with the mental advantage. AD might have a monster game in game 2, but the evidence indicates that if he was capable of that, he would have had a monster game in game 1.

I expect him to be better in game 2, I guess. My head says he is wounded. My hearts says its the Lakers and well. . . be afraid.

Hoop just literally showed that AD doesn't always come ready in playoff games. That trend from last year shows he can pretty much no show in a playoff game then come back with monster performances. I mean, it's not like we haven't seen him capable of crushing us recently. He threw up 42/15 against us just two weeks ago when the Lakers destroyed us the last week of the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I were the suns I’d come out trying to get Ayton established offensively. Make Davis work at that end at the beginning. Try to draw fouls. Don’t let him just come in and work on the offensive end.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns need to match the Lakers intensity. Push the ball at AD to draw fouls and make him play defense so hes to tired to go nutz.
Then we just have to limit LessBron and keep that guy with the headband that looks like the roll on deodorant in check.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I were the suns I’d come out trying to get Ayton established offensively. Make Davis work at that end at the beginning. Try to draw fouls. Don’t let him just come in and work on the offensive end.
Suns need to match the Lakers intensity. Push the ball at AD to draw fouls and make him play defense so hes to tired to go nutz.
Then we just have to limit LessBron and keep that guy with the headband that looks like the roll on deodorant in check.
Great minds.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If I were the suns I’d come out trying to get Ayton established offensively.

I think that's exactly the wrong idea. Ayton is still too limited offensively to be a go-to threat. It makes the defense's job easy and leads to turnovers and bad shots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is gonna be another great test for a young team in the playoffs. We came out like a team with it's hair on fire and maintained that intensity all game. The Lakers will be a desperate team tonight. We can't come out thinking Game 1 meant anything but doing what we're supposed to do at home. Can't rest on laurels because series can turn on a dime.

really excited to see how we respond to success and a defending champion pulling out all the stops.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect some hard doubles tonight on Booker. And maybe a zone coming out of the second half.

I’m curious to see what they do about the suns player flashing to the free throw line.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Drummond would be on him on defense. When Drummond goes out, then yeah he should attack DA or Trez.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Call me a debbie downer but I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game. LA is going to come out guns blazing and Phoenix will have to play damn near perfect to weather the storm and get that W.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't recall him being that way at Wake Forest or with New Orleans and I haven't seen it so much once he moved to Houston but he was one of the worst offenders in the sneaky/dirty/ref manipulating class while he was a Clipper. It's possible it just stood out to me because I watched him much more often while he was in LA than I ever had before or since (until now) but I despised him with a passion when he played for Doc. He fell right between Bowen and Ginobili on my most disliked list.

Finally, while it's hard to call a player too competitive, it seems like Paul may have become just that during the ACC slate this past season. He developed a reputation as a guy who is willing to throw a cheap shot, even before the incident in the last game of the regular season where he punched Juilus Hodge below the belt. - Source:http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/chris-paul-14/ ©DraftExpress

It’s definitely in his DNA

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is almost like suns record this yr after they lost 1 thanks book cp3 :) the real 2k backcourt haha unlike kidd penny was that it? While ago

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I expect some hard doubles tonight on Booker. And maybe a zone coming out of the second half.

I’m curious to see what they do about the suns player flashing to the free throw line.
Book did great passing out of the doubles the other night hopefully that will deter some of the doubles wouldnt be at all surprised if he gets trippled.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson