Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They literally just played the comments from Murray, Kliff, and Hopkins.

Murray: He was animated and I told him to calm down.

Kliff: Kyler told me I looked bad on national TV and to calm down and I didn't like that.

Dhop: They argue like a marriage

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It shows how much Murray cares. It also shows how tired Kingsbury is getting with Kyler's mistakes.

@BritCard thread this week showed how many mistakes Murray is making. You think Kingsbury is happy watching a very talented QB run his offense so poorly?
I loved it Krang. The other attempts of communicating apparently have failed and damn it, this is football, and it was so nice to see our franchise QB show he gives a damn. Kliff and Kyler are very subtle with their mannerisms and felt great to see that passion. I agree that there is blame on Kyler but something like this is productive because the other crap of 'ho hum' this does not work in an intense sport like this does not work... coach and QB need to put down their defenses and get out of their freaking shell

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do not know what was said on the headset... do you?
No but I did see the reaction. KM said it was in reaction to how animated KK was on the sideline. Who the hell is KM to tell the coach not to be animated? KM made sure all could see his tirade and it was not a good look. Just furthering the it is everybody and not me mantra.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Screw Kliff. I was fine with Kyler actually wanting the damn play in on time.
I'm with you, seems to me Kyler is ******* sick of Kliffy not getting the plays in on time & having to waste timeouts, so am I. Kliffy has the deer in the headlights look too often at critical points during the game & burns timeouts. He needs to have plays ready earlier & get his head out of his ******* ass. One other thing, I am sick of his sideways passing plays that lose yardage. The only thing I will give him props for last night is running some motion finally (it only took 7 weeks) & moving Hopkins around a few times. Other than that, same old Mickey Mouse offense, glad we won & that Hopkins came back but it's sad his so called genius play calling can't game plan around Hopkins absence. What happens if Hop goes down? That was a rhetorical question btw.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They literally just played the comments from Murray, Kliff, and Hopkins.

Murray: He was animated and I told him to calm down.

Kliff: Kyler told me I looked bad on national TV and to calm down and I didn't like that.

Dhop: They argue like a marriage
Heard all that post game. It’s media talk. We’ll never know why Kyler was yelling at Kliff

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Sounded/looked to me like Kingsbury had a history of getting too excited which likely holds up and complicates the process for Kyler causing penalties, wasted time outs and squandered drives

Maybe the two had discussed this leading into Thursday because it last night it annoyed Murray more than usual

Remember, Kingsbury is on the hot seat, not Kyler, and Kyler's production will ultimately decide Kingsbury's fate

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No but I did see the reaction. KM said it was in reaction to how animated KK was on the sideline. Who the hell is KM to tell the coach not to be animated? KM made sure all could see his tirade and it was not a good look. Just furthering the it is everybody and not me mantra.
Whatever, Kyler said he is often animated, but one does not equate that animation without some verbal confirmation which I am sure he has been hearing with all the timeouts every time we approach a crucial down and distance. I seriously doubt Kyler gave a damn that he was 'showing for all to see", that was emotion and not some calculated response, and if you want to follow the hyperbole of the media that is your choice

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And it means the defense sucked balls too. Which is weird, because how do you get two pick 6s and still suck on defense? Let me present you the Arizona Cardinals lol
One could say VJ brought that pansy ass soft zone prevent defense out with the big lead but..................we got gashed before the pick 6's happened. For as good as the defense played the last several weeks, the Saints gashed them last night. We're lucky Thomas was out cause they had no answer for Olave.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever, Kyler said he is often animated, but one does not equate that animation without some verbal confirmation which I am sure he has been hearing with all the timeouts every time we approach a crucial down and distance. I seriously doubt Kyler gave a damn that he was 'showing for all to see", that was emotion and not some calculated response, and if you want to follow the hyperbole of the media that is your choice
Oh so you are sure what is being said? You are creating a scenario where KM is faultless or this is a positive. I disagree so we can leave it at that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have at least one example of a players only meeting improving a season? In the NBA or the NFL? I'd like a reference point with some metrics as opposed to, I don't know, random feel-good statements.

(Edit: I seem to recall Bill Parcels actually saying the opposite when Keshawn Johnson had one with the Jets I believe. He referred to Johnson as "she" in that press conference)

We had one at halftime of the Raiders game and then came out and won the game.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunate this all happened during a nationally televised game. A game in which  the topic was Kingsbury's coaching issues. A game in which we were the only game on TV. I'm sure it was totally spur of the moment. A coincidence.

I honestly believe some of y'all are going to be appalled when hard knocks gets up in here.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kyler told Kliff to "Calm the (bleep) down.

“He’s really animated over there on the sidelines sometimes, so it’s ‘calm down, we’re good, we’re gonna make it right,'” Murray said. “We ended up scoring so that was good. That’s all I was saying, ‘chill out.'”

Kingsbury told reporters that he likes showing emotion and that those exchanges with Murray are a positive. He felt that as competitors intensity drives the two forward.

Thursday was not the first time Murray and Kingsbury have engaged in a spirited conversation during a game, but Murray said he did not feel that it affected him or his head coach.

If I'm looking at the play by play correctly it was 4th and 1 from the 4, Murray ran for 2 yards and a first down so first and goal from the 2 but we had to call timeout to avoid a delay of game penalty after the first. So presumably Kliff was animated trying to get the play in, Kyler was thinking the last thing I need right now is the guy whose job it is to give me the play to be heated on the sideline because it's taking too long for HIM to give me the play and we ended up having to call timeout. Maybe Kyler didn't get the play because he'd just ran and was getting situated who knows but the assumption I have is that it was again about a play not getting called quick enough.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Funny when i see the Kyler Murray threads now. What a Joke... The team the Cards beat tonight would trade Jameis Winston, Taysum Hill and Andy Dalton to the Cards for Kyler Murray.
The past 2 games are COMPLETELY on Steve Keim... What NFL gm signs a kicker that can't make even extra points on a regular basis... I always get the impression that sometimes Keim signs players just to cover his backside... If the team loses he can throw a player or coach under the bus.. Just seems how the guy has kept his job all these years.
I wanted Blankenship as soon as I found out Prater was out. Now, Blankenship isn't dead accurate, he missed a PAT last night but he did make one from 50. If ******** Keim had signed Blankenship, we would've beaten the Eagles imo & kicked FG's against Seattle rather than going for it 4 times. Blankenship would've made those kicks imo, he doesn't look petrified when getting ready to kick like the bozo Keim signed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One could say VJ brought that pansy ass soft zone prevent defense out with the big lead but..................we got gashed before the pick 6's happened. For as good as the defense played the last several weeks, the Saints gashed them last night. We're lucky Thomas was out cause they had no answer for Olave.

Sort of. Olave had some big plays but for the game 14 targets 7 catches is not all that great. Of course he was the only proven WR they had so makes sense we keyed on him. He was quite impressive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't tell if you're being facetious or not.

No we did it was widely reported. The coaches were all told to leave and the players had a meeting and then came out and roared back and won, literally this year.

Not saying it always works but you asked for an example and that happened THIS year.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No we did it was widely reported. The coaches were all told to leave and the players had a meeting and then came out and roared back and won, literally this year.

Not saying it always works but you asked for an example and that happened THIS year.
I see what you're saying, and I also agree (mostly) with your other belief about getting the play in on time. I wasn't referring to halftimes though and now I'm confused. Is Hopkins saying they had a players only meeting at halftime? My assumption (my bad frankly) was that the players only meeting occurred "off hours" so to speak (not during a game). My reading comprehension must be zero this morning. If I'm completely mistaken apologies and I'll actually delete my previous post(s).

(edit: it matters when these meetings take place, if it's halftime of a game I would chalk it up to emotions and guys being like we're playing terrible let's fix it, but if the meeting is outside of a game, to me anyway, it says there's more forethought and planning and thinking about it. To me it's a whole different animal)

Last edited:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Kliff was pissed about not getting the play off in time and needing to use a time out. Kyler told him to calm down. Better to use a time out and get the play right than to rush something on the goal line. Either way it's a dysfunctional relationship and Kliff is in over his head. He does not have the respect of the players

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a positive. Yes, KM has played like crap, and he has a ton of problems, but KK has also massively screwed up with game management. I don't blame the kid for getting fed up and showing his emotions.
I do as well. Positive for now. If it keeps happening or the wheels come off, it will enhance the negative.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want Kliff and KM throwing punches on the field...Bidwill pushing Keim...Vance Joseph doing a CPR to the dead pass rush...Jeff Rodgers taking the shirt off like AB and flipping the birds waving goodbye..... Cardinals Football is more fun with family feud style than their pathetic product on the field.