Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone have at least one example of a players only meeting improving a season? In the NBA or the NFL? I'd like a reference point with some metrics as opposed to, I don't know, random feel-good statements.

(Edit: I seem to recall Bill Parcels actually saying the opposite when Keshawn Johnson had one with the Jets I believe. He referred to Johnson as "she" in that press conference)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kyler told Kliff to "Calm the (bleep) down.

“He’s really animated over there on the sidelines sometimes, so it’s ‘calm down, we’re good, we’re gonna make it right,'” Murray said. “We ended up scoring so that was good. That’s all I was saying, ‘chill out.'”

Kingsbury told reporters that he likes showing emotion and that those exchanges with Murray are a positive. He felt that as competitors intensity drives the two forward.

Thursday was not the first time Murray and Kingsbury have engaged in a spirited conversation during a game, but Murray said he did not feel that it affected him or his head coach.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the Bickley's blast today. I mean sure it is nothing.

Wow he took it further than I did

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People don’t like it when he “sulks” now people don’t like it when he shows emotion. Definitely sensing some undertones…
He takes off his helmet and yells at the coach for all to see. Look at me. Look at me. It is not my fault it is the ******* coach. He couldn’t wait to do this. If a coach ripped into him after one of his many blunders he would melt like the wicked witch of the west. He needs what it looks like he never had and that is a swift kick in the arse. And keep him off of my damn lawn.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought that KK was one that does not show much emotion. And I certainly did not see it in that little episode. It was all Kyler. Of course, we mostly just saw the backside of KK. I couldn't tell much from it.

Reactions: PJ1

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He takes off his helmet and yells at the coach for all to see. Look at me. Look at me. It is not my fault it is the ******* coach. He couldn’t wait to do this. If a coach ripped into him after one of his many blunders he would melt like the wicked witch of the west. He needs what it looks like he never had and that is a swift kick in the arse. And keep him off of my damn lawn.

Except it is explained above. Kingsbury was freaking out on the sideline and Murray stood up to that and told him to calm the bleep down.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You didn't see what happened leading up to the moment. Kingsbury didn't deny it in the article.
So KK was animated? So what he is the head coach. Better than the deer in the headlights look. I didn’t see KK go back a KM at all. I did see KM restrained. Jefferson and Dhop got in front of him and Dhop steered him away.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And DHop wasn't "restraining" Murray. He was calming down the situation.

Which he talked about in the post game. It's how we learned about the players only meeting when he wanted Murray to address the team.

DHop is on Kyler's side of this. That is clear.
Who were they trying to calm down? It wasn’t KK that is for sure. Of course the press will get it is no big deal. Neither benefit by taking it further with the press.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have at least one example of a players only meeting improving a season? In the NBA or the NFL? I'd like a reference point with some metrics as opposed to, I don't know, random feel-good statements.

(Edit: I seem to recall Bill Parcels actually saying the opposite when Keshawn Johnson had one with the Jets I believe. He referred to Johnson as "she" in that press conference)
That was Terry Glenn who had a training camp injury and Parcells was pissed he wasn't practicing.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was Terry Glenn who had a training camp injury and Parcells was pissed he wasn't practicing.
Yaaaas, my memory is so bad sometimes, thank you for the correction! Up until just now I thought it had been Keshawn.

Reactions: TRW

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You really should be listening to 98.7. This is being lauded as a positive
It shows how much Murray cares. It also shows how tired Kingsbury is getting with Kyler's mistakes.

@BritCard thread this week showed how many mistakes Murray is making. You think Kingsbury is happy watching a very talented QB run his offense so poorly?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny when i see the Kyler Murray threads now. What a Joke... The team the Cards beat tonight would trade Jameis Winston, Taysum Hill and Andy Dalton to the Cards for Kyler Murray.
The past 2 games are COMPLETELY on Steve Keim... What NFL gm signs a kicker that can't make even extra points on a regular basis... I always get the impression that sometimes Keim signs players just to cover his backside... If the team loses he can throw a player or coach under the bus.. Just seems how the guy has kept his job all these years.
Yes if he had signed Blankenship three weeks ago Cardinals would likely be four and three or five and two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson