Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s been statistically proven.. over 80% of the teams that select a QB number 1 overall make the playoffs within 3 years. This isn’t Kliffys doing.
That still does not guarantee any success. Most didn't view KM as a #1 pick.

We were like the worst team to ever exist in the history of the NFL the year before they both got there.

You guys may not like Kliff, or understand he has taken a step back, but to think he hasn't at least taken part in the success is a joke. We know Kyler ain't close to perfect, so it's not like he's waltzing us into succes (at least improvment over 3 seasons and a playoff berth, forgetting that game, and will hold off until end of this year)

The NFL is HARD.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah not sure you can make this statement unless you’ve watched every single play of the season from a birdseye view. This is hyperbole at its internet worst.

Yep. This is the problem that I have with a lot of BritCard's posts.

I have watched every single play from a birdeye view. Well most of them, I haven't watched the Chiefs or Panthers games because the first time was enough for different reasons. Only takes about 30 minutes per game if only watching the offense.

Why do you think I finally had enough and spent hours doing the Seahawks breakdown? I was tired of hearing it's Kliff, WR's not getting open or the O line. It's been going on all season. You don't even need the All 22 to see it. It's plainly obvious in the TV footage. Or do you think the only guy ever open just happens to be the one with the shortest route?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have watched every single play from a birdeye view. Well most of them, I haven't watched the Chiefs or Panthers games because the first time was enough for different reasons. Only takes about 30 minutes per game if only watching the offense.

Why do you think I finally had enough and spent hours doing the Seahawks breakdown? I was tired of hearing it's Kliff, WR's not getting open or the O line. It's been going on all season. You don't even need the All 22 to see it. It's plainly obvious in the TV footage. Or do you think the only guy ever open just happens to be the one with the shortest route?
Where do you get to see bird's eye view of every play? I am interested to know so I can watch these myself.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol who puts in this much effort just to berate our young QB… Please name all the great QBs Kliff has developed I’ll wait… for that matter name any young QB the Cardinals have ever developed? You finally after 30* years in AZ have a Uber talented young QB how about they teach and develop him? Or you preferred the Max Halls of the NFL?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so...how are we all gonna feel when it turns out this was all staged for Hard Knocks??

I have known some good coaches. seen some good coaches. Players will run through a brick wall for a good coach....dont see anybody willing to do that for kliff...except maybe JJ, but he is just a run thru a wall kinda guy.

was thinking on it... kliff reminds me of mike martz....give him a team full of all pros, and he will coach them to mediocrity via huge stats

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That still does not guarantee any success. Most didn't view KM as a #1 pick.

We were like the worst team to ever exist in the history of the NFL the year before they both got there.

You guys may not like Kliff, or understand he has taken a step back, but to think he hasn't at least taken part in the success is a joke. We know Kyler ain't close to perfect, so it's not like he's waltzing us into succes (at least improvment over 3 seasons and a playoff berth, forgetting that game, and will hold off until end of this year)

The NFL is HARD.
No what’s a joke is you challenging factual stats. The facts say if you select #1 overall it doesn’t matter if you select Jeff George, Kyler Murray or Peyton Manning - that your statistical chances are you will be in the playoffs within 3 years. Period. You are drafting first in every single round.. and when Kyler was drafted it wasn’t a Aaron Rodgers scenario where if he wasn’t #1 he would have slid to 22. Daniel Jones was taken 6th that year.

The Kliffy defenders thing gets weirder by the day - where has he had succes?!! No where - at any level. Everyone sees it, what do you want to go hang out w coach bro and try to get his leftovers? I just don’t get it

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i think criticizing Kliff for the strategic elements of being a head coach is valid: game mgmt, the standards he sets for the team, the timing and use of certain plays, etc.

but also recognize that his offensive scheme is getting people open regularly and Kyler is missing reads and throws --

lets face it: when they were 7-0 there were lots of penalties, burning TOs because the play clock was running down, etc -- but it didn't matter because the offense was super efficient and covering all that stuff up.
Well said.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No what’s a joke is you challenging factual stats. The facts say if you select #1 overall it doesn’t matter if you select Jeff George, Kyler Murray or Peyton Manning - that your statistical chances are you will be in the playoffs within 3 years. Period. You are drafting first in every single round.. and when Kyler was drafted it wasn’t a Aaron Rodgers scenario where if he wasn’t #1 he would have slid to 22. Daniel Jones was taken 6th that year.

The Kliffy defenders thing gets weirder by the day - where has he had succes?!! No where - at any level. Everyone sees it, what do you want to go hang out w coach bro and try to get his leftovers? I just don’t get it
Kyler Murray being as short as he was could have pushed him down, nor was he widely considered as the #1 QB that year, but we'll never know if Cardinals never hired Kliff. Doubt we get KM if we didn't hire him.

Lmao, mentioming Kliff has taken some part of success and that gets your panties in a bunch. He's a coach and still got to 11 wins and with improvement each year. I'm not a fan of Kliff any more than I am of Murray, but to believe he hasn't contributed anything is disingenuous at best.

Statistical facts? Dude. That's not exactly how stats work, as it takes actual work to get to the playoffs. Besides, if you are going to make that claim like that then you gotta provide a source.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do you get to see bird's eye view of every play? I am interested to know so I can watch these myself.

You need the All 22 via NFL Gamepass. But Gamepass is different in the US to UK. I can watch all games that aren't broadcast live here. In the USA you can only watch them after they are finished.

It's how I watch all Cards games live. Then the ALL 22 cuts are normally out 2 days later so I watch them on one monitor while I'm working on the other normally.

You can't really get a clue what is happening from the TV cuts. It's like watching a different game when you can see everything. Not only because you can see everything. When you watch live you watch the ball and the QB because that's mostly what you can see so it's where the action is. When you can see everything (and you have already seen the game) you watch everything except the QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You need the All 22 via NFL Gamepass. But Gamepass is different in the US to UK. I can watch all games that aren't broadcast live here. In the USA you can only watch them after they are finished.

It's how I watch all Cards games live. Then the ALL 22 cuts are normally out 2 days later so I watch them on one monitor while I'm working on the other normally.

You can't really get a clue what is happening from the TV cuts. It's like watching a different game when you can see everything. Not only because you can see everything. When you watch live you watch the ball and the QB because that's mostly what you can see so it's where the action is. When you can see everything (and you have already seen the game) you watch everything except the QB.
Game pass is great. I’m sure the technically savvy here can use a VPN to get UK game pass.

I had game pass a few years ago and you’re 100% correct about watching the games differently. It’s not as fun when the teams good, but it’s a great tool to figure out how and why the team might be struggling.

Now I spend all my time managing my soccer team, but I’d spend six hours a week (at work LOL) running through key plays.

I wish I had access to the “dots” writers post sometimes on Twitter. That seems way more efficient.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game pass is great. I’m sure the technically savvy here can use a VPN to get UK game pass.

I had game pass a few years ago and you’re 100% correct about watching the games differently. It’s not as fun when the teams good, but it’s a great tool to figure out how and why the team might be struggling.

Now I spend all my time managing my soccer team, but I’d spend six hours a week (at work LOL) running through key plays.

I wish I had access to the “dots” writers post sometimes on Twitter. That seems way more efficient.

Yeah if people want access to all the games live then working out how to route your IP via a VPN would be a good way to go. Wouldn't even need to be UK you could probably do Canada or Mexico. Somewhere closer with less lag.

I buy gamepass through India where it's cheaper. It's all the same service but priced differently. Again you just need to change your IP to an Indian one. It's $129 a year and you get all games live (except those being broadcast live in whatever country you choose) plus NFL network, All 22, back catalogs of all NFL shows etc

But you would need a smart TV for the app and a router or VPN hardware to change your IP.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah if people want access to all the games live then working out how to route your IP via a VPN would be a good way to go. Wouldn't even need to be UK you could probably do Canada or Mexico. Somewhere closer with less lag.

I buy gamepass through India where it's cheaper. It's all the same service but priced differently. Again you just need to change your IP to an Indian one. It's $129 a year and you get all games live (except those being broadcast live in whatever country you choose) plus NFL network, All 22, back catalogs of all NFL shows etc

But you would need a smart TV for the app and a router or VPN hardware to change your IP.

The full Season Game Pass International bought during holidays in Brazil sets you back only 76 € or $. :)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray being as short as he was could have pushed him down, nor was he widely considered as the #1 QB that year, but we'll never know if Cardinals never hired Kliff. Doubt we get KM if we didn't hire him.

Lmao, mentioming Kliff has taken some part of success and that gets your panties in a bunch. He's a coach and still got to 11 wins and with improvement each year. I'm not a fan of Kliff any more than I am of Murray, but to believe he hasn't contributed anything is disingenuous at best.

Statistical facts? Dude. That's not exactly how stats work, as it takes actual work to get to the playoffs. Besides, if you are going to make that claim like that then you gotta provide a source.
Yes - statistical facts. I did the analysis about a year ago myself and posted the numbers here. Checkmate.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes - statistical facts. I did the analysis about a year ago myself and posted the numbers here. Checkmate.
So, link it? Lol.

I don't think checkmate means what you think it means, even if the 80% stat is correct. Providing a source is just a baseline to provide.

Using the phrase "factual stats," is probably one of the weirdest terms to use. I think my graduate teachers in data analytics would laugh at me if I made the same argument you have presented, nevermind the perverted use of your "factual stats."

You do you man.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, link it? Lol.

I don't think checkmate means what you think it means, even if the 80% stat is correct. Providing a source is just a baseline to provide.

Using the phrase "factual stats," is probably one of the weirdest terms to use. I think my graduate teachers in data analytics would laugh at me if I made the same argument you have presented, nevermind it being perverted way to use "factual stats."

You do you man.
Lol man some people even when their wrong just keep at it.. right on broseph!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The data is factual? What more do you need? I bet you’re a ball of fun at home.

Yes, but no one uses that term. It sounds like someone trying really hard to use stats in their arguments without a fundamental understanding of how to use those "factual stats," because they are often misused.

You know the phrase, lies, damned lies, and statistics. There is some truth to that statement.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, but no one uses that term. It sounds like someone trying really hard to use stats in their arguments without a fundamental understanding of how to use those "factual stats," because they are often misused.

You know the phrase, lies, damned lies, and statistics. There is some truth to that statement.

You got to be kidding me here? There’s an 80% chance that regardless of who your coach is, that when you pick a QB #1 overall you will make the playoffs. Period, it’s a pretty simple statement backed by the data. Heck even a number of those teams prob changed coaches with those 3 years.

Is this like just some teacher going off on message board based on how they feel things should be phrased? Really odd thing to ramble on about.. but carry on.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You got to be kidding me here? There’s an 80% chance that regardless of who your coach is, that when you pick a QB #1 overall you will make the playoffs. Period, it’s a pretty simple statement backed by the data. Heck even a number of those teams prob changed coaches with those 3 years.

Is this like just some teacher going off on message board based on how they feel things should be phrased? Really odd thing to ramble on about.. but carry on.
Well, you do know that 100% of people who drink water, die?

Therefore, water is bad for you. That's about the same level of analysis there. You also can't argue that data, it's 100% factual.

I know you can't see it. So no need to press further. But it does irk me when people grossly misuse stats.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson