Kubiak fired as Texans HC.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Texans have made this official. Kubiak's gone. RT @SI_PeterKing: I expect Gary Kubiak will be fired today as the coach of the Texans.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Holy crap. What a fall from grace! And kind of a dick move, given his health issues this season. (Not that he was let go, but HOW he was let go)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
our defensive talent might just create a ton of HC jobs over the next 4 years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please let it be Lovie Smith and leave Todd alone. He is from Texas after all.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Holy crap. What a fall from grace! And kind of a dick move, given his health issues this season. (Not that he was let go, but HOW he was let go)

It's the sports business!

Don Coryell & his all star staff in St. Louis were notified after being locked out of their offices after the 1977 season...talk about brutal. :(

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really no surprise though. He lost to the Jags twice and have lost 11 in a row. Also, his health is not great, so it may be doing him a favor.

On a side note, anyone notice the Jags have won 4 of 5 games and the only loss is to us.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not too worries about it being Bowles because the owner said he wants a guy with NFL head coaching experience. Lovie Smith, Whiz, Gruden, Cower, Mike Nolan, Del Rio etc. As much as we feared Ray Horton getting a head coaching job I think franchises that are that bad tend to want someone a little more experienced in head coaching.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is really no surprise though. He lost to the Jags twice and have lost 11 in a row. Also, his health is not great, so it may be doing him a favor.

On a side note, anyone notice the Jags have won 4 of 5 games and the only loss is to us.

Totally agree.

Crazy how this league almost always flip flops top to bottom each year in each conference at over half it's playoff teams! Just amazing!!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Crazy how this league almost always flip flops top to bottom each year in each conference at over half it's playoff teams! Just amazing!!!
Yep, Mike Smith can't be far behind either.

Btw, that's where I think Whiz ends up.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Houston or Atlanta? Atlanta makes sense since they already have a QB. If he goes to Houston, he might try and draft the second best LT and go with Case since he loves project QB's. ;)

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Agree, thats probably his dream job as a Georgia boy born and bred then Georgia tech and Falcons. Bet he doesn't bring Russ Grimm back.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Houston or Atlanta? Atlanta makes sense since they already have a QB. If he goes to Houston, he might try and draft the second best LT and go with Case since he loves project QB's. ;)
Atlanta.

If I'm Houston, I'm not locked 100% into taking a QB. In fact, I'd probably trade down when Cleveland comes calling.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Same type thing with Carolina. They've won 8 of their last 9 with only loss to the Cardinals.

freebyrd

Reaction score
Houston Chronicle already listing Todd Bowles as one of the candidates to replace Kubiak.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/12/potential-coaching-candidates-to-replace-gary-kubiak/#18642-7

The always reliable Jason La Canfora says Ken Whisenhunt might be a targe.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora24m
Early guess on guys McNair might target for Texans: Ken Whisenhunt. And maybe Mike/Kyle Shanahan if they're out in Washington .

i can't understand why nfl coaches get recycled so much
these are 32 jobs that it seems to me that many thousands would be qualified to do
but it has become and old boys network,
don't you think that there are tons of college coaches that could make the transition?
look at chip kelly he's doing a decent job don't you think?
anyway thats a tough break for kubiak the texans could have waited for the offseason its not like they need to see wade phillips in action he has plenty on his resume'

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
these are 32 jobs that it seems to me that many thousands would be qualified to do
don't you think that there are tons of college coaches that could make the transition?
anyway thats a tough break for kubiak the texans could have waited for the offseason its not like they need to see wade phillips in action he has plenty on his resume'
I agree, except for the college coach part. There are alot of qualified assistants that may make good NFL HC's and deserve a shot.

As for Whiz, he'll absolutely get another shot, and he should. He wasn't the problem in AZ and took them to a SB. That alone will get him into alot of interview rooms.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree, except for the college coach part. There are alot of qualified assistants that may make good NFL HC's and deserve a shot.

As for Whiz, he'll absolutely get another shot, and he should. He wasn't the problem in AZ and took them to a SB. That alone will get him into alot of interview rooms.

Whiz should get another shot because he is a good head coach, just don't let him get too involved with player management and like Gruden is incapable of developing a QB. He became a HUGE part of the problem after the Super Bowl run, as much as he was a great coach during the Super Bowl run. He can get really suborn with players and his system when it starts going down hill. This hold true for all coaches to an extent but Whiz seemed to take it to a whole new level

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I personally think they did him a favor letting him go now, if they were gonna let him go anyway. The dude just had a mini-stroke, no need to make him slog through 12 hour days the rest of the year if they're gonna fire him anyway. Give him some time with his family to recuperate and get geared up to look for a job next year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn