Kingsbury’s learning curve.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KK has said , “ I don’t know what I don’t know”. He mention how he has been surrounded by a veteran coaching staff with years of knowledge and experience. KK might really like Murray but may have to come to the reality of what a coach like Clement may point out about Rosen’s ability as an nfl qb along with salary cap ramifications. I also think it’s a major mistake anytime a player is asked to do something he isn’t good at. Kk has repeated stated he plays to the strengths of his players. If you are convinced about that then I think Rosen has enough ability when asked to play to his strengths. As much as Murray intrigued me I think we should stick with Rosen. We simply cannot judge Rosen based on last year. We have to judge him on his strengths , ability and potential under KK.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I agree one thing no Murray fanboys have talked about either is just how many snaps did he take under center. Now I don't know because I hate Oklahoma football have since the days of Billy Sims. And the second question I have ask before if and when KK flames out how can Murray adapt to others systems. From what little I have read he is pretty much just a air raid type QB according to most articles I've seen so that is a few questions that really have to answered

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KK has a lot to learn.

He needs to learn how to win at this level.

He needs to teach the 2 minute offense to team. His 2 minute O

He needs to learn how and teach how to make a comeback and to hold a lead.

He needs to instruct the D how to hold a lead without using the prevent defense, which as we know doesn't work.

He needs to learn how to call a game at this level and to make adaptations on the fly.

There are many other areas he needs to learn and experience and it will either hone him or sink him.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK has a lot to learn.

He needs to instruct the D how to hold a lead without using the prevent defense, which as we know doesn't work.

He needs to learn how to call a game at this level and to make adaptions on the fly.

There are many other areas he needs to learn and experience will either hone him or sink him.
He needs to learn how to win but he knows what is required to win, a great qb

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KK has a lot to learn.

He needs to learn how to call a game at this level and to make adaptations on the fly.

There are many other areas he needs to learn and experience and it will either hone him or sink him.
Exactly. Salary cap in the nfl is different than recruiting in college. He may be told he can’t have everything he would like I.e. Murray.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Good Oline pus a good defense doesnt hurt either of course Recievers that actually catch and hold onto the ball wouldn't be a real bad idea

What are talking about?
Don't you realize SuperKyler doesn't need good WRs or Online or for his team to have a good defense.The rest of the NFL will be in awe of his transcendent talent . was:jedi::thud:

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
What are talking about?
Don't you realize SuperKyler doesn't need good WRs or Online or for his team to have a good defense.The rest of the NFL will be in awe of his transcendent talent . was:jedi::thud:
Yep right till the 1st sack by a 300lb d lineman I have watched the Cards since 1974 so I have seen plenty of Bone headed draft picks and this one will just be another one if there isnt a pretty good team around him

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kliff needs to remember why he failed at TTU, which was because his defenses were atrocious and he couldn’t recruit top-tier talent on that side of the ball. If he’s really introspective, he’ll understand that he can’t largely ignore one side of the ball.

He’s in prime position to take a top-tier defensive talent in Bosa or Williams. If he screws it up by taking Murray, it’s lather, rinse, repeat.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
KK has said , “ I don’t know what I don’t know”. He mention how he has been surrounded by a veteran coaching staff with years of knowledge and experience. KK might really like Murray but may have to come to the reality of what a coach like Clement may point out about Rosen’s ability as an nfl qb along with salary cap ramifications. I also think it’s a major mistake anytime a player is asked to do something he isn’t good at. Kk has repeated stated he plays to the strengths of his players. If you are convinced about that then I think Rosen has enough ability when asked to play to his strengths. As much as Murray intrigued me I think we should stick with Rosen. We simply cannot judge Rosen based on last year. We have to judge him on his strengths , ability and potential under KK.
Rosen is always late on throws , unable to read defenses and good for a pick 6. Also, the OVERTHROSEN jokes are true.He stunk at UCLA and still does.Time to try someone else.

Last edited:

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
KK has a lot to learn.

You think? Obvious.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Rosen is always late on throws ,unable to read defenses and good for a pick 6. Also, the OVERTHROSEN jokes are true.He stunk at UCLA and still does.Time to try someone else.
This sounds harsh, but all of this was known when we drafted Rosen. He was supremely talented, but never had the best accuracy for whatever reason. Overthrows, being too late, not leading his targets. Rosen is very smart, but under pressure his ability to read the defense goes totally out of the window, which leads directly to turnovers.

Can Rosen fix this? He is just 22 years old and with his talent, it's certainly possible. However, if Murray is rated higher (accuracy + athleticism), you move on from Rosen. Rosen is/was a legit franchise QB prospect. But if you get the rare shot at a higher rated QB prospect, you go for it. If Rosen had thrown more TDs than picks and a completion rate around 60%, he would have boosted his value as a potential franchise QB. While last season's blame shouldn't be put on Rosen at all, he unfortunately didn't do anything to boost his value.

Bottom line, if Murray grades out higher than Rosen (which is what I fully believe), you take Murray and trade Rosen to the highest bidder. Harsh on Rosen, but that's really the way to go in a QB driven league. I wouldn't trade a top 10 QB for the best defender in the league. If Murray was 2 inches taller and not an elite baseball talent, he would be a no-brainer 1st overall pick. Both will imo prove to be non-issues and passing on Murray could haunt Keim even more than passing on Russell Wilson. It's clear judging Keim's comments that he had a very high opinion of Wilson but that he ultimately put too much stock in his size. Now it looks like Wilson will keep torching us twice a season for another decade in addition to what he already did.

Since this thread is about KK, he should have a huge say in the 1st pick. Of course he signed to develop Rosen. But then Murray declared, who KK loves. Despite what lots of people in here say, Murray is a perfect fit for KK's offense. Of course it could work with Rosen, but Murray is from another galaxy when it comes to movement and very consistent with his accuracy. In a KK style offense, you have to hit the targets in stride to allow them to work the space.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
KK also needs to remember why he is here and not let a ton of old time minds cloud his play calling judgement.

Running an NFL Franchise, sure.
Getting through an offseason, fine.
Figuring out how to schedule a training camp, ok.

But this guy better bring his offensive concepts to the NFL. Even with hash mark differences, the Air Raid has a stellar design and can be highly effective.

SIMBA...... REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kliff needs to remember why he failed at TTU, which was because his defenses were atrocious and he couldn’t recruit top-tier talent on that side of the ball. If he’s really introspective, he’ll understand that he can’t largely ignore one side of the ball.

He’s in prime position to take a top-tier defensive talent in Bosa or Williams. If he screws it up by taking Murray, it’s lather, rinse, repeat.

Well how is he going to ignore one side of the ball?

Vance Joseph will take care of the defense.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
None of this is true.
Well...... it has been shown that he developed a "hitch" in his motion as the year moved on. His reads took a fraction longer and the hitch added to his motion causing many late throws.

I wouldn't say always..... But I wouldn't say it wasn't true either.

the dude bonked some easy short throws, had many other outright drops, made some horrible reads causing many picks (some for TD's), and seemed to become skittish in the pocket as the season wore on.

He also made a few.... Maybe 10? total HOF level throws that keep us tantalized. But so did SCUD & Skelton every once in a while.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Well...... it has been shown that he developed a "hitch" in his motion as the year moved on. His reads took a fraction longer and the hitch added to his motion causing many late throws.

the dude bonked some easy short throws, had many other outright drops, made some horrible reads causing many picks (some for TD's), and seemed to become skittish in the pocket as the season wore on.

He also made a few.... Maybe 10? total HOF level throws that keep us tantalized. But so did SCUD & Skelton every once in a while.

Nonsense Dr.Jones.Anti-Rosen bias showing much......even mentioning Skelton with Rosen...is ridiculous.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It was a post on this forum. that dude who asked if Josh Rosen sucks. And then did a Kyler Murray one as well. go check it out. He had good video and everything.

The fact remains...... The dude made maybe 10 WOW throws, multiple pick 6's and sky'd the ball all over the place sometimes.

Volatility was an issue.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

What pocket?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well how is he going to ignore one side of the ball?

Vance Joseph will take care of the defense.

It does seem fairly strange that we would go out of our way with a hire like Kingsbury and then not give him the ability to find pieces that will make his system run efficiently. Even if its the number 1.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It does seem fairly strange that we would go out of our way with a hire like Kingsbury and then not give him the ability to find pieces that will make his system run efficiently. Even if its the number 1.
Because the top 10 players in this draft +/- aren’t offensive players. There are 10 other picks in the draft, not counting the ability to trade back or get back into the 1st round, where we can address the offense.

Furthermore, Kliff came to AZ with the intention of working with Rosen. When i was given heads-up about Kliff coming to AZ from my guy with USC connections, this was explicitly stated. At some point, Kliff sold himself on Josh. Of course, things could change, but I know that Kliff believes he could work with Josh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson