Just Thinking Ahead

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
I realize this series is far from over, and we're probably going down to a Game 7 in Phoenix to decide who advances to the next round. My question for all you Suns fans is which team Clippers or Suns would have the best chance of making it to the Championship Series after playing through a tough 7 game series to get there?

If Kaman is back, I favor the Clippers. They are just deeper and bigger to play with the big boys.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I think we would beat Dallas if we advanced, but lose to San Antonio. The Clippers would probably lose to both but both of these teams will put up a good fight.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Redmark said:
My question for all you Suns fans is which team Clippers or Suns would have the best chance of making it to the Championship Series after playing through a tough 7 game series to get there?

If Kaman is back, I favor the Clippers. They are just deeper and bigger to play with the big boys.
And if Kurt Thomas is back with the Suns?

HooverDam

Reaction score
BC867 said:

Even w/ KT back, he'll have to adjust and what not. He certainly wont be a starter or get starter minutes. He'll help a ton, but if we got him back, I wouldnt expect him to be back full speed until NBA Finals time.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
BC867 said:

Kaman has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow and still has not been ruled out for sure. I really don't know much about Kurt Thomas. Was he really that important a component? Maybe he provided whatever defensive presence the Suns lack now. Too bad for them, because that's their weakness.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Yes, he was important. Their only real, good inside defense and the Suns gave up 8 more points per game in the regular season without him. They have learned to play a little better without him though.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd have to say the Suns, if only because of the experience factor. The Suns have two players (Nash and Marion) who have been deep in the playoffs before -- three if Kurt Thomas is healthy, and four if you count Grant, although I'm not sure why you would -- whereas the Clippers have only one (Cassell). It's very rare for a team to go from the lottery straight to the Finals, and certainly not if they have to defeat legitimate contenders along the way.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
I think we would beat Dallas if we advanced, but lose to San Antonio. The Clippers would probably lose to both but both of these teams will put up a good fight.

I think the opposite. Either one could handle the Suns, probably a 4 zip sweep, especially after a draining 7-game series to qualify. The Clippers would fare better against the Spurs who are looking older by the minute. I think Mark Cuban may get there this time although I really dislike that team.

jibikao

Reaction score
I don't think Clipper can pass either Mavs or Spurs. We have better chance passing Mavs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sad to say, but if this series goes 7 and it looks like it's going to - I think either the Spurs or the Mavs have a pretty good shot at kicking the ever living snot out of us. This team and more importantly Nash's back just can't atke another 7 game series and have the juice to go again in the next round against two MUCH tougher opponents than we've faced so far.

The Spurs will sweep our asses and the Mavs probably beat us in 6 at the most - even with KT, who won't be in game shape.

We're just too thin with Eddie House and JJ sucking as bad as they do to keep winning 7 game series. They've looked tired ever since the adrenaline wore off after game 1 of this series and with no time in between games until Game 7, that ain't gonna change.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I think I’d have to go with the Clippers (assuming Kaman can come back). They have the inside scoring force with Brand, athletic wings to get out and run, and a guy who always seems to hit the clutch shot, Cassell. I think the T’wolves would have advanced a few years ago if Cassell would have been healthy. If the Suns advance to the conference finals, I think the lack of an inside presence will finally catch up to them.

Gorilla

Booooya!!!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I'd have to say the Suns, if only because of the experience factor. The Suns have two players (Nash and Marion) who have been deep in the playoffs before -- three if Kurt Thomas is healthy, and four if you count Grant, although I'm not sure why you would -- whereas the Clippers have only one (Cassell). It's very rare for a team to go from the lottery straight to the Finals, and certainly not if they have to defeat legitimate contenders along the way.

Five if you count Raja Bell. I'm not sure but I think he got to the finals with the sixers.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Gorilla said:
Five if you count Raja Bell. I'm not sure but I think he got to the finals with the sixers.

Yep.

Also, Tim Thomas played in the ECF with the Bucks.

James Jones was on the ECF Pacer team a couple years ago, but I doubt he played at all so that doesn't really count.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Yep.

Also, Tim Thomas played in the ECF with the Bucks.

Um, er, right. So like I said, the Suns have much more experience. :D

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
sad to say, but if this series goes 7 and it looks like it's going to - I think either the Spurs or the Mavs have a pretty good shot at kicking the ever living snot out of us. This team and more importantly Nash's back just can't atke another 7 game series and have the juice to go again in the next round against two MUCH tougher opponents than we've faced so far.

The Spurs will sweep our asses and the Mavs probably beat us in 6 at the most - even with KT, who won't be in game shape.

We're just too thin with Eddie House and JJ sucking as bad as they do to keep winning 7 game series. They've looked tired ever since the adrenaline wore off after game 1 of this series and with no time in between games until Game 7, that ain't gonna change.

For once we agree! The Suns can still win this series but have no chance after that. The Clips could go 7 with Spurs. They have a lot of trouble with Dallas and maybe win 2 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard