Josh Rosen is the Starter

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually think Glennon would do a better job than Bradford. Bradford looks shellshocked. I wonder if all of the discussion about his knee for the past year or so made him apprehensive and tentative to make plays. Either way, this is the worst Bradford has played in his career by a long shot.

That said, I'd save the $312k/game, deactivate Bradford, and promote Glennon.

There are no savings in Bradford's deal whether he is active or inactive per Joel Curry

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
go Josh- see if he can develop going forward. That was a harsh debut

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once Wilks broke the seal there was no going back. Now there is no need for Bradford on the roster.

My guess is the Cardinals will try and trade Bradford for a week or two then if there is no takers they will just cut him. He is not going to be on this team next year so why keep him on the roster?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think Glennon would do a better job than Bradford. Bradford looks shellshocked. I wonder if all of the discussion about his knee for the past year or so made him apprehensive and tentative to make plays. Either way, this is the worst Bradford has played in his career by a long shot.

That said, I'd save the $312k/game, deactivate Bradford, and promote Glennon.

You save nothing, his salary is guaranteed in 2018.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
honest question to the fire McCoy immediately crowd:

Who is the new OC going forward?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it’s not, he has a $200 or 300k (whichever it is) bonus tied into being on the active roster. It’s been reported

$5M divided by 16 games which is about $312k per game.

So the Cardinals would save about $4M by cutting him now.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As I said: salary is guaranteed and the bonus paid. Save on weekly bonus to what end?. We're not short on money and there's little to spend on at this point
Irrespective, I'd be more comfortable with Glennon in the game than Bradford. Just an added bonus to save money in the process.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As I said: salary is guaranteed and the bonus paid. Save on weekly bonus to what end?. We're not short on money and there's little to spend on at this point

I think it has to do with how it is paid out.

It would likely be classified as a LTBE bonus, which means if it isn't paid out, the amount we saved would be added to next years cap, enabling us to have an extra 3-4 million or whatever to spend on other players next year.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Bradford is a broken man. As was exemplified by his body language lying on the field after throwing his last INT. Not sure I want him around

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen is gonna save McCoy’s job.

Disgusting.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No it’s not, he has a $200 or 300k (whichever it is) bonus tied into being on the active roster. It’s been reported
It looks like the key to a greater savings would be a trade (5.62M savings and 5M dead)...otherwise it appears cutting him only saves $625K:

<iframe src="https://overthecap.com/contract-embed/1349/" width="600" height="252" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm excited for the rest of the season. The future starts now.

That said, I agree with others who worry a little that this coaching staff steeped in ineptitude might harm his progress, but if he's everything we hope he is, the cream will rise to the top. I hope.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
i'm excited for the rest of the season. The future starts now.

That said, I agree with others who worry a little that this coaching staff steeped in ineptitude might harm his progress, but if he's everything we hope he is, the cream will rise to the top. I hope.
Yeah, with Rosen starting I may have to rethink my 2-14 prediction. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson