Budda Baker Named Starter For The Pro Bowl

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole pro bowl thing is a joke anymore, I just can't take is seriously as to who is picked and who isn't. Simply don't care.

They should do away with it and just leave it to All Pro now. Especially now there isn't even a proper game.

I don;t think fans really like it anymore. I don't think the players like it much outside any pro bowl bump they have in their contract. Seems just a matter of time before it dies.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
All this whining about the Pro Bowl. I'm still waiting to hear what "bad" players make it that aren't replacements?

Making the Pro Bowl is an honor. Maybe Budda didn't deserve it over Winfield. So there's 1 out of 44 starters. I guess all the guys selected are just really popular and that's all it is, lol.

Here's a list of the pro bowl voted in starters. Just a list of really popular, underserving guys I guess :rolleyes:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this whining about the Pro Bowl. I'm still waiting to hear what "bad" players make it that aren't replacements?

Making the Pro Bowl is an honor. Maybe Budda didn't deserve it over Winfield. So there's 1 out of 44 starters. I guess all the guys selected are just really popular and that's all it is, lol.

Here's a list of the pro bowl voted in starters. Just a list of really popular, underserving guys I guess :rolleyes:

I hope you watched the entire game without fast-forwarding.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was at a sports bar on Sunday and did see some of the women's flag football game. Still haven't figured out why they were wearing mouth guards in a flag football game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at a sports bar on Sunday and did see some of the women's flag football game. Still haven't figured out why they were wearing mouth guards in a flag football game.
Well considering we used to play squad versus squad flag football and had two subjects collide midfield. The one leaving 2 teeth stuck in the others forehead. Knocking out a total of 4 and needing emergency mouth surgery on one due to exposed nerves. Stitches on the other after the teeth were pulled out. I can clearly see a need for mouth guards in flag football.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They should do away with it and just leave it to All Pro now. Especially now there isn't even a proper game.

I don;t think fans really like it anymore. I don't think the players like it much outside any pro bowl bump they have in their contract. Seems just a matter of time before it dies.
I think the new format is something the youngins are enjoying, which is what the NFL wants...to keep cultivating a newer and younger audience....It's similar to what the other sports has done with their All Star weeks. None of the leagues actually play a proper game anymore. It's all about showing off skills and drills, for the most part.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the new format is something the youngins are enjoying, which is what the NFL wants...to keep cultivating a newer and younger audience....It's similar to what the other sports has done with their All Star weeks. None of the leagues actually play a proper game anymore. It's all about showing off skills and drills, for the most part.
Flag football is possibly one of the fastest growing youth sports in the country. Particularly girls flag - which is now a high school sport in California. And I believe flag is an Olympic sport this year too.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd say MLB is pretty competitive. Actually the only one I care about anymore.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

All Pro is voted on by the Pro Football Writers Association. Pro Bowl is voted on by the fans, players, and coaches. There's plenty of room for both.

I wouldn't tune in for the Pro Bowl, but it was on at the bar where I was with my son on Saturday afternoon. Seemed like everyone was out there having fun. It was cool to see the big guys out there being athletes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The frustration is that he played like trash this year.
This is a very uninformed opinion. I have posted that some of his stats were career highs or near them. Either you don't like his role (which he doesn't control) or you don't understand how playing on a defense with 6-7 guys who should not be starting in the NFL impacts a player.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very uninformed opinion.
Yeah, okay. His 0 INT, 0 FF, 0 FR, 0 sacks were suuuuper impressive.

I watch the same games that you do, and if you can't tell that Budda played poorly this year, you are wearing rose colored glasses.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, okay. His 0 INT, 0 FF, 0 FR, 0 sacks were suuuuper impressive.

I watch the same games that you do, and if you can't tell that Budda played poorly this year, you are wearing rose colored glasses.
Again, uninformed. You are taking 4 stats, some of which are completely random outcome stats, and equating that to poor play.

You are citing Budda as having 0 sacks as a negative when he blitzed 14 times on the season. The lowest of his career. The next lowest was 35, then 44, and now other season with less than 55. His highest sack total of any season is 2. So he was blitzed at a career low level and had two less sacks than his season high.

He also had his lowest tackles numbers of any season outside of his rookie year. is it because he had a bad year...? No, it is because he was used a high S in zone coverage for a coaching staff that preached preventing explosive plays.

No ints...well he played for a team that was the 2nd worst in the NFL in pressure rates per drop back. 2nd worst in overall pressures. 3rd worst in sacks. 2nd is points allowed. Shocking that Budda didn't have int's when his role was to play deep and try to cover for bad CBs, on a defense that got bottom of the league pressure on opposing QBs, and was frequently trailing in games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Another fun fact is that in 2023, 14 teams had a total of 11 interceptions or fewer as a team. Pat Surtain Jr had 1 int. Xavien Howard 1. Derwin James 1. Marshon Lattimore 1. TreDavious White 1.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Again, uninformed. You are taking 4 stats, some of which are completely random outcome stats, and equating that to poor play.

You are citing Budda as having 0 sacks as a negative when he blitzed 14 times on the season. The lowest of his career. The next lowest was 35, then 44, and now other season with less than 55. His highest sack total of any season is 2. So he was blitzed at a career low level and had two less sacks than his season high.

He also had his lowest tackles numbers of any season outside of his rookie year. is it because he had a bad year...? No, it is because he was used a high S in zone coverage for a coaching staff that preached preventing explosive plays.

No ints...well he played for a team that was the 2nd worst in the NFL in pressure rates per drop back. 2nd worst in overall pressures. 3rd worst in sacks. 2nd is points allowed. Shocking that Budda didn't have int's when his role was to play deep and try to cover for bad CBs, on a defense that got bottom of the league pressure on opposing QBs, and was frequently trailing in games.
One of my favorite comments of the year.

Budda was asked to just help keep ish from getting out of control on a wholly undermanned defense.

You must be registered for see images attach