Jared Dudley tweets on Lebron...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Says his sources say Lebron will announce that he is joining with the Knicks.

I call BS on this. Most likely, Amare thinks Lebron is coming to NY and passed that along, but I doubt that Dudley has "sources" better than that...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me. Lebron has said in the past he wanted to play in a system like D'Antoni's.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me. Lebron has said in the past he wanted to play in a system like D'Antoni's.

If he stays in Cleveland, the cupboard is bare. If he goes to Miami, detractors will point out that he needed an all-star team in order to win it all. New York and to a lesser extent Chicago (and maybe even NJ) give him a chance to be the brightest star while still giving him a chance to lead his team to a championship. I say Duds heard it from Amare and it's probably the way Lebron was leaning the last time he talked to Stat.

Steve

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So strange that he's making the announcement in my hometown... spoke to my brother who said it looks like the show will take place at the Greenwich Boys & Girls Club. Spent many a summer camp there, though back then it was just the Greenwich Boys Club...

Looks pretty solid that he'll be a Knick.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it he goes to NY. Wasn't there an article from ESPN that stated the deal with Amare would only go down if LBJ was ok with playing alongside Stoudemire? I know it is on one of these threads.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it he goes to NY. Wasn't there an article from ESPN that stated the deal with Amare would only go down if LBJ was ok with playing alongside Stoudemire? I know it is on one of these threads.

The Nets were the ones that announced they'd only pay Amare the guaranteed max if James came with him.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
No, I'm referring to an article that stated the Knicks would sign Amare only if it was ok with James. Meaning James could pick any PF he wanted to play along side with and if he wasn't ok with Amare, the deal would not go down.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard that trading at Wall Street with MSG went crazy with the thought that James is heading to the Knicks.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not sure what to think of this whole hour long special. On one hand I feel that any other announcement besides he is staying in Cleveland will make him look a little bit like a jerk? I mean who spends the day with kids at a boys and girls club only to turn around and let them know know "See Ya". But then again using the story of Lebron James Free agency to shed a ton of light on the charity he likes could be great for the B&G Clubs.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nobody has talked about it much lately but the NY money machine has to factor into his decision making process. He can make a LOT more money over the course of his career playing in NY. They'll probably give him his own television network.

Are the Knicks with LBJ AND Amare better than last year's Cavs?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Also, and I know this is under the "bull" file, but Gambo tweeted that IF the rumors about Lebron to NY are true, it makes a sign-and-trade with NY for David Lee likely, and if they are not true, than the sign-and-trade isn't likely.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Probably not next year as they'll have a lot of holes to fill but I think that Cavs team peaked and it'll be easier to build a championship team in NY.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nobody has talked about it much lately but the NY money machine has to factor into his decision making process. He can make a LOT more money over the course of his career playing in NY. They'll probably give him his own television network.

Nobody here... but trust me, in all other corners of the country, the NY factor is all they talk about.
Whether people choose to accept the reality or not, New York City remains, BY FAR, the mecca for, well, just about everything... For pro sports stars, there is no bigger stage on the planet. And for someone like James, to be able to play in the mecca of all sporting venues - Madison Square Garden - I really don't see how he can turn this down. Add in the fact that Derek Jeter will slowly give way to LeBron over the next 3 years or so before he completely exits the stage, and James will truly own the Big Apple like nobody ever has before. For people who have never lived there, you just can't begin to fathom what this means. There are virtually no measurements to use to help describe the enormity (not just the $$) of being this type of star in this type of city.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, and I know this is under the "bull" file, but Gambo tweeted that IF the rumors about Lebron to NY are true, it makes a sign-and-trade with NY for David Lee likely, and if they are not true, than the sign-and-trade isn't likely.

Makes some sense to do a S&T whether it involves Lee or not given it will give the Knicks slightly more cap to go after a non-vet min FA. Knicks would need to include whatever it would take to get the Bulls to agree to a S&T for Warrick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
...I stopped reading right there.

Then don't reply.

We're always starved for news here and regardless of the source, it'll either turn into a discussion about the validity of him or talk about what he actually says.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, if he goes to NY, it is not about winning as much as it is about the money and fame. NY does not have to pieces in place yet and he would be putting a lot in the hope department, which contradicts what he has said in the past about winning now. On Mike and Mike this morning, three so called experts said that is Boozer signed with Chicago(which is a done deal) would be the best team in the East. If he wanted to win now, then why NY over Chicago? Also, is NY any better than Cleveland at this point?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On ESPN news a Cleveland Cavs insider just said that Carmelo Anthony is getting married near Greenwich this weekend for what it's worth and a said that he thinks that it will be Chicago that he picks based on his info.

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
im feeling that he's going to chicago.i dont know,something just tells me that the boozer signing is one of the final pieces.he is the low post scorer that he wanted and with rose and company that team would be HIS team and a team that can compete for a championship this season.that makes sense in a lot of ways really.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JA Adonde on ESPN just said he was told by multiple sources from with in the Knicks organization that they are out of the running for LeBron.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am thinking LeBron goes to Miami. Cleveland is second. Everyone is saying you don't take an hour to say you are leaving and look like an A$$ on TV. I think it's the opposite. When you divorce or break up with a long term girlfriend, it takes an hour. When you are going to the new girlfriend, it only takes a one minute phone call to tell her you are on the way over. Too many smiles on Wades and Bosh's faces during their ESPN interview. If LeBron was really worried about perceptions of needing help from Wade and Bosh, he would sign with the Clippers where he would have no help! LOL! That makes no sense whatsoever that argument that Wade and Bosh would minimize his titles. Magic had help. Bill Russell had help. So on and so on. I think NY is stuck with just Amar'e, but it made sense since he is arguably considered the 4th best FA and they went and got him before everyone else starts scrambling after the LeBron announcement. The way it's going down, if Amar'e was left on the market after LeBron announces, Wade, Bosh, and Boozer are out of the market, Amar'e may have garnered even more than what NY paid him in a sign and trade. Happy for Amar'e. Just wondering what our plan is for the future of the franchise.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so, tmac is staying in ny if that happens?

can the suns trade nash for eddy curry?
hehe

No! I want Stoudemire to show us that the "Knicks are back" all by himself without the help from a two-time mvp. His leaderships skills that he spoke of in his press conference should be more than adequate.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No! I want Stoudemire to show us that the "Knicks are back" all by himself without the help from a two-time mvp. His leaderships skills that he spoke of in his press conference should be more than adequate.

Only in NY. When Amar'e said, "NY is back!" One wag said, "I hope it's on defense!" Seems like a lot of NYers are tired of the D'Antoni all offense and no defense Knicks. They are used to seeing defensive Knicks teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard