Is the draft terrible for is if we don't get Zion? Morant might be just as good for us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya morant can do it all for his team they have to help at least a little if they want a chance to win

Morant can hit the 3 pointer but it's the in-between shots that gave him trouble in the first half.

Did I say Florida State is big... they are and talented.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Morant can hit the 3 pointer but it's the in-between shots that gave him trouble in the first half.

Yep that size is going to kill them Murray states big man isn't very good and their defense is getting thrashed

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Morant has straight balled in the tourney. He's the pick if we get #2.
His team is trash with no depth

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morant has straight balled in the tourney. He's the pick if we get #2.
His team is trash with no depth

Morant has to carry much of their team. There is a disparity of talent and size.

I don't think Morant's skills are as good as Trae Young at this stage.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As good as his performance was on Thursday, Morant's selfishness, inefficiency and poor defense in this game are all pretty significant red flags, in my opinion.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morant has to carry much of their team. There is a disparity of talent and size.

I don't think Morant's skills are as good as Trae Young at this stage.

He reminds me of D’Aaron Fox. If I’m the suns I do whatever it takes to pick him. Morant and Booker in my back court and I’m set

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As good as his performance was on Thursday, Morant's selfishness, inefficiency and poor defense in this game are all pretty significant red flags, in my opinion.

Lol. FSU has 20 second chance points there getting destroyed on the inside how is this Morants fault? Please tell me. There is not one thing about this game that is a red flag for me.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Yeah I've actually seen him make some very unselfish passes when literally no one makes crap in his team. He should just take it everytime. He also has quick hands and has picked some pockets as well. He does need to learn to stay in front of his man though

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol. FSU has 20 second chance points there getting destroyed on the inside how is this Morants fault? Please tell me. There is not one thing about this game that is a red flag for me.

His man is shooting 70% for the game and is controlling it at every level.

Thursday, Morant reminded me of Jason Kidd. Today, he reminds me of Mike James.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He reminds me of D’Aaron Fox. If I’m the suns I do whatever it takes to pick him. Morant and Booker in my back court and I’m set

I like Morant but he is not crazy athletic like Fox as I view it. Fox could get to the rim with ease.

I've been struggling to find someone to compare Morant too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

So you're good with shooting 7-20 from the field, with 3 assists and 2 turnovers, while the opponent's counterpart shoots 7-11 from the field with 5 assists and 2 turnovers?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elfrid Payton?

Payton is probably the best comparison now that you mention it and I liked him less some other issues.

I think Payton could penetrate better though. Morant can shoot better.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Payton is probably the best comparison now that you mention it and I liked him less some other issues.

I think Payton could penetrate better though. Morant can shoot better.

But who in their right mind would pick Elfrid Payton #2 overall in any draft and annoint him our savior, particularly since we already had him and let him go for nothing?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But who in their right mind would pick Elfrid Payton #2 overall in any draft and annoint him our savior, particularly since we already had him and let him go for nothing?

We are talking about comparisons. I think if Payton was more driven, he would be an excellent player.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We are talking about comparisons. I think if Payton was more driven, he would be an excellent player.
Morant without question is more athletic, shoots better, has better handles and is a better passer than Payton. Keep in mind that FSU is long, athletic and was really keying in on Morant today and his teammates couldn't do enough to make FSU pay for doing that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Payton has all the talent in the world he had a stretch where he had 5 triple doubles just a week or so ago. Talent isn’t his problem it’s he doesn’t play hard and he coast a lot.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're good with shooting 7-20 from the field, with 3 assists and 2 turnovers, while the opponent's counterpart shoots 7-11 from the field with 5 assists and 2 turnovers?

I have no problem with his game today. You can only do so much. FSU bench 42 points Murray State 0

Just played a team that’s on another talent level today no big deal but if you sit here and say this kid ain’t good you just don’t want him to be good. He’s a player there’s a reason every basketball expert on the planet are gushing over him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morant without question is more athletic, shoots better, has better handles and is a better passer than Payton. Keep in mind that FSU is long, athletic and was really keying in on Morant today and his teammates couldn't do enough to make FSU pay for doing that.

Again, I like Payton when he brings it. I'd be thrilled to draft a player like Payton if he brought it every night and shot better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with his game today. You can only do so much. FSU bench 42 points Murray State 0

Just played a team that’s on another talent level today no big deal but if you sit here and say this kid ain’t good you just don’t want him to be good. He’s a player there’s a reason every basketball expert on the planet are gushing over him.

Murray State, less Morant, didn't have the talent to match-up.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, I like Payton when he brings it. I'd be thrilled to draft a player like Payton if he brought it every night and shot better.
Elfrid had all the talent in the world. There was just something odd about that kid between the ears. He was often more mellow than any player should be. Maybe he visited Uncle Cliffy's too much or something.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Elfrid Payton for is if a good comparison. Be sides the moter issue they has similar skillets. However Ja for if is a slightly gooder shooter from 3 pointer line and for if is a better creature in the offense. moran for if is the #2 picks after xion.

[For the love of all that is still good and honorable about the English language can someone please fix the title of this thread if we are going to continue discussing the topic.]

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders can you do something about the title? Something like "Draft options if the Suns can't land Zion" should cover what the original poster intended and also convey what this thread has been about since then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard