If you have a second favourite team what is it?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you have a second favorite team behind the cardinals you should be hung in public and have smelly tomatoes thrown at you.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

"JERSEY TEAMS"
1. Arizona Cardinals
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Tampa Bay Buccanneers

"TEAMS I'LL CHEER FOR IF THEY'RE ON"
5. Tennessee Titans
6. Jacksonville Jaguars
7. Baltimore Ravens
8. New England Patriots

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
My second favorite team is any team that is playing the Rams, 49ers, Dallas, Washington, New England, and Raiders.

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
If you have a second favorite team behind the cardinals you should be hung in public and have smelly tomatoes thrown at you.
I'm safe since my 2nd favourite team is the Cards!

Reaction score
swd1974 said:

It may not be a favorable opinion on this board but this idea that "if there are other NFL teams that you enjoy following / rooting for then you are not a "true" Cardinals fan" is pure horse crap!

The Cardinals are my favorite team. It's Cardinals vs. rest as far as I am concerned. Regardless of the opposing team I always want the Cardinals to win.

But I do enjoy rooting for some other teams in the league when they are not playing the Cardinals. In the same fashion I dislike several NFL teams, most of all Dallas. It certainly makes watching a game (not involving the Cardinals) more interesting when you pick a side to cheer for.

Other teams I like:

Packers - have liked them since I started watching football. And how can you not like Brett Farve!

Raiders - the team most like to hate. Only guy from my home town to ever play in the NFL was a Raider. Dan Connors - MLB; he played during the years I first started watching football. By the way, Al Davis is an ass!

Steelers - homerism

Eagles - see above (Steelers)

Saints - went to school with head coach, Jim Haslett

Seahawks - if not the Cardinals, better the Hags then SF or StL

Teams I dislike:

Cowboys - does anyone really need an explanation? Always root for ABC, not the network it's: Anybody But Cowboys

Broncos - I don't know, this team just pisses me off!

Rams - Georgia Frontiere, need I say more

Vikings - just threw this in for VF

I reserve the right to change any or all of these teams whenever I feel like it!

:cards: GBR

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I guess it would be Seattle. But a distant, distant second place to the big Red...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
pre-cards in az i was a HUGE rams fan. i was also a bears fan (that's where the fam is from and grew up watching bears games w/ pops) and steelers fan ('cuz you had to choose either the steelers or cowpukes in the late 70s right?). even the first two years or so i was still rams #1, cards #2, bears #3, and steelers #4. eventually i lost the superfluous teams and now it's cards only. b/c we never had a team it was easy to root for more than one, but now that we not only have a team, but a team with history (albeit not glorious) i can't understand rooting for two teams. there are other teams i enjoy watching and some i always root against, but there are no "second favorites" any longer.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm 100% Cards and thats it, PERIOD!!!!!! I have so much love and obsessed with them so much I find it hard, too go for other teams even in other sports. My 2nd favorite team is the Suns, I could never root for another NFL team, thats why I find the playoffs and the SuperBowl very boring and could give a rats ass about, if it does not include the Cards.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chicago Bears, in fact, I hardened my football-fan "skin" growing up a Bear's fan. I dind't become a true Cards fan until I went to ASU in 1990. I rationalize my change of alligence to my father by usinig the historical Chicago connection (that's where I was born).

But, since the Bears are my SECOND favorite, I spend my time on my FIRST favorite's message board.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This one is easy:

Which ever team I have money on!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its okay, I just send some guy $10,000 to invest in the XFL II

He just send me an e-mail out of the blue and said he was in Africa and he needed the money to pay for a lawyer to get his $21 million.

He said he would put me in charge of the XFL II....I rule boys! Maybe one day you will be blessed with such an opportunity

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Its okay, I just send some guy $10,000 to invest in the XFL II

He just send me an e-mail out of the blue and said he was in Africa and he needed the money to pay for a lawyer to get his $21 million.

He said he would put me in charge of the XFL II....I rule boys! Maybe one day you will be blessed with such an opportunity

If you have 10 grand to invest help me open up my own school. It's a safer bet than the XFL II!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
I'm 100% Cards and thats it, PERIOD!!!!!! I have so much love and obsessed with them so much I find it hard, too go for other teams even in other sports. My 2nd favorite team is the Suns, I could never root for another NFL team, thats why I find the playoffs and the SuperBowl very boring and could give a rats ass about, if it does not include the Cards.

:thumbup: I'm totally obsessed as well.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I root for the Colts and the Cards, but if they're playing against each other, or the outcome of a game would hurt the Cards if the Colts won, I'm Cards all the way.

Same way with Pacers and Suns. Love the Pacers, except when they're playing the Purple Gang. ;)

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:

You can put me in the obsessed category when it comes to the Cards

Jim O

Reaction score
I usually pull for people more than teams. For instance, I will pull for the Titans for the simple fact that Coach Mac is there. I know that many of you don't like him as a coach and I really can't blame you, but I don't think anyone who has ever talked with him would say that they didn't like Mac as a person.

Go Titans...unless we are playing them in the Super Bowl. :thumbup: