If the Suns have the #2 pick, who should they pick?

Suns have the #2 pick, Ayton was taken #1, who should they take with that pick?

• Marvin Bagley - PF - Duke

• Luka Doncic - G - Europe

• Michael Porter Jr - F - Missouri

• Trae Young - PG - Oklahoma

• Mo Bamba - C - Texas

• Jaren Jackson Jr - C/F - Michigan St

• Select Someone Else/Trade For A Veteran

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? You'd take Ayton and Bagley over Bagley, Carter and Young? I was thinking that trio would set us up nicely for the future. I'm not too sure how Ayton and Bagley would mix? Unfortunately, we likely have zero chance to get more than 1 of that group so it's all moot.

Perhaps you are right but I do not like to trade down when I feel I have the best two players in the draft. After team workouts I may feel differently. I definitely want to keep Bagley. IMO, centers are more replaceable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you are right but I do not like to trade down when I feel I have the best two players in the draft. After team workouts I may feel differently. I definitely want to keep Bagley. IMO, centers are more replaceable.

Makes sense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
MAN I was hoping to be impressed with jjj but he’s shown so little this season. I think I’m way back off his bandwagon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAN I was hoping to be impressed with jjj but he’s shown so little this season. I think I’m way back off his bandwagon.

I’m with ya. As much as I fear Doncic will never be a game-changer, I think I’d take him over JJJ at this point. Just too much projection on a kid like that.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
JJJ is a Dragan Bender with a higher ceiling. I think that the folks who are high on Bender like JJJ, and those who don't think highly of Bender are not impressed by JJJ either. It will be interesting to see how JJJ turns out.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJJ is a Dragan Bender with a higher ceiling. I think that the folks who are high on Bender like JJJ, and those who don't think highly of Bender are not impressed by JJJ either. It will be interesting to see how JJJ turns out.

I don't like JJJ for us, at all. But that's not to say he wouldn't be a good pick for another team. If he's still there for our pick/picks in the mid teens, than maybe grab him. I just don't want another high risk project with a top 8 pick. My head is still spinning from the draft where we took a heavily under-scouted Dragan and a highly unfocused Marquese. Taking a high risk gamble on one of them I can see but rolling the dice twice in the same draft was far too risky IMO especially for such a talent starved roster.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't like JJJ for us, at all. But that's not to say he wouldn't be a good pick for another team. If he's still there for our pick/picks in the mid teens, than maybe grab him. I just don't want another high risk project with a top 8 pick. My head is still spinning from the draft where we took a heavily under-scouted Dragan and a highly unfocused Marquese. Taking a high risk gamble on one of them I can see but rolling the dice twice in the same draft was far too risky IMO especially for such a talent starved roster.

I agree. I would prefer a known commodity for once.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Since I picked Bamba with 2, it's an easy decision for me - take Bamba. His offense isn't Len bad, you know. He's athletic with a massive reach. He'll score 15+ pts on 60% shooting... easy!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What impresses me about Doncic is his motor, how obviously he is involved in every single play, how much he forces the opposition to account for him. It is very different from most euro prospects and very very diffferent from Len, Bender and, despite him not being a euro, JJJ.

I'm not scared of Doncic being a bust. That guy is going to be a player. Will he be a star? I dunno, but he isn't going to wash out. I feel better about him than anyone besides Ayton.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bagley's defense is on par with Chriss. He has no awareness and looks disengaged and lazy but will make up for it with a block or two. He has good size and can rebound well and score in the paint. His jump shot is still developing. I think he could be another Amar'e. Having said that, I would trade down (if Ayton goes #1) and get Young, Gilgeous-Alexander, or Sexton. I like the first two more but I think all three have all-star potential.

I also like Anfernee Simons with the Heat or Bucks pick. He is a Donovan Mitchell clone.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buyer Beware Here

Jaren Jackson Jr. | PF/C | Michigan State
2 points, (0-for-4 FG), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 0 blocks in 15 minutes in a loss to Syracuse

Jackson's season ended in highly disappointing fashion, as he played only 15 minutes and had to watch helplessly from the bench as his team squandered a late lead.

Jackson had some nice moments attacking the zone from the high post, covering ground defensively and crashing the glass on both ends of the floor, but didn't make the type of overall impact you'd expect from someone with his talent-level. (MSU was plus-6 with him in the game and minus-8 with him out.) He wasn't as physical or aggressive as he needed to be attacking the zone or Syracuse's undersized big men. Instead of Jackson, head coach Tom Izzo turned to 23-year old Ben Carter down the stretch instead; Carter had scored just 13 points all season.

Plenty of questions have been raised about the decisions Izzo made down the stretch, as this is the third straight season in which the Hall of Famer has been unable to advance out of the first weekend of the tournament. From an NBA standpoint, most of those questions revolve around the outdated lineup configurations and overall style of basketball the Spartans played all season. Izzo's insistence on having six different centers on the roster and playing all of them (two at a time) in virtually every contest -- despite the obvious toll that took on the team's spacing, ball movement, shooting and aesthetic appeal -- makes it difficult to draw too many conclusions on Jackson's NBA outlook.

At 6-11 and 240 pounds, with a 7-5 wingspan, it is unlikely that Jackson will see much time at the power forward spot in the NBA like he did all season, certainly not next to a non-shooting center who lacks relative athleticiscm. How much better would Jackson have looked playing in a more up-tempo system at his natural position when surrounded by more skilled teammates? NBA decision-makers will have to decipher that on their own.

Looking forward: It is important to remember that Jackson is the youngest prospect in this class and was clearly not being utilized to his full potential. He will still be drafted in the mid-to-high lottery, but there will be a significant amount of debate in teams' war rooms about how to rank him compared with the likes of Ayton, Marvin Bagley III, Bamba and Wendell Carter Jr. -- Givony

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Young and Booker could easily be the next Splash Brothers. That would allow the Suns to follow the blueprint the Warriors used in order to build their championship team. Of course Draymond Green type players aren't easy to find but adding a good PF or Center that can set up his teammates in the low post at a decent rate should be the next target if they go that direction.

And his name was Bender.

Young
Booker
Jackson
Bender

Need one splash bro on the floor at all times because Payton is not scoring enough. Not counting on Daniels or Reed long term.

Hope we can bag a top big and Bridges. Don't wake me, I'm just dreaming.

Bagley/Bamba
Bender
Jackson
Bridges
Booker

B's.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? You'd take Ayton and Bagley over Bagley, Carter and Young? I was thinking that trio would set us up nicely for the future. I'm not too sure how Ayton and Bagley would mix? Unfortunately, we likely have zero chance to get more than 1 of that group so it's all moot.
Young and Carter would be a great draft.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We definitely don't need to draft Bagley and Carter. They play the same position and are both a liability on defense right now. That's why K has gone to a 2-3 zone. One or the other plus Capela in free agency and a PG like Young would be a nice haul.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We definitely don't need to draft Bagley and Carter. They play the same position and are both a liability on defense right now. That's why K has gone to a 2-3 zone. One or the other plus Capela in free agency and a PG like Young would be a nice haul.
Getting a big like Ayton, Bagley, Carter, or Bamba and then getting a pg like Shai or Sexton is well within reason in this draft. I would love to get Sexton if he was a better shooter and passer. Right now, he reminds me so much of Eric Bledsoe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard