If Plummer were available at a reasonable cost for next year, would you sign him?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. Under NO circumstances would I sign him.

Been there, done that. Don't want a repeat.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This is one of the only places that would be a HUGE mistake.

I like the guy as a person and he's fun to watch no one comes back like him but he's totally unsuited for our offense and Green fits players to systems not systems to players.

Add in the weird loyalty component and it would be a tragedy.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn't he have 4 picks the other night? It's mildly excusable for Navarre, being that he's a rookie, but what's Plummer in now, his 8th year? Inexcusable. No way would I bring him back, plus Denny likes strong arm QBs, and I never remember Plummer having much of a cannon.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Didn't he have 4 picks the other night? It's mildly excusable for Navarre, being that he's a rookie, .

And a rookie with a broken finger...

Jake is a rookie in a veteran's body, with a broken brain.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah, but I like what you said a few weeks ago, Section 11. Bring him back just for the sheer chaos it would create! :thumbup:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vince56 said:
yeah, but I like what you said a few weeks ago, Section 11. Bring him back just for the sheer chaos it would create! :thumbup:
It'd be the biggest message board meltdown in the history of ASFN.

Awesome. I say we do it.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would not be that upset if the Cards brought Plummer back, he doesn't fit Green's system though. Plummer can't make certain throws and turns the ball over way too much. But it would be better to have him then the dynamic trio the Cards have this year. Would rather see the Cards add Brooks if available fits Greens system better. Kitna would not be too bad either. But I would much rather see Plummer brought in then alot of the other Free agent options the Cards have next year.

Tashunca

Registered
Reaction score
I would sign Ryan Dinwiddie. All time NCAA passing leader. Accurate. LOW int's. But only 6 feet tall (like Vick, Brees, and Garcia). But most importantly HE HAS ATTITUDE! Pennington, Palmer, Rothlesberger have IT! Marino and Namath had it also. ATTITUDE counts when the game in on the line. The one quality I liked about Plummer was his attitude. But his football smarts were questionable. Dinwiddie has smarts, accuracy (like Pennington) and ATTITUDE.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bowlen will never fire Shanahan but the speculation is if they don't make the playoffs, Shanahan will resign. if he does, all bets are off on Jake, Bowlen loves Jake, but has said repeatedly Shanahan makes that call. Shanahan knows that fear of being replaced has been instrumental in Jake playing better, so he refuses to announce if he's keeping Jake or not.

If Shanahan resigns, they need a coach AND a GM, unless they just promoted Kubiak. Actually if he did quit, they would almost certainly keep Jake just to avoid total upheaval. I fully expect they'll redo his deal so they don't have to pay that big option bonus.

I am pretty confident Jake will be a Bronco, but without that big bonus.

OP
OP
P

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Tashunca said:
I would sign Ryan Dinwiddie. All time NCAA passing leader. Accurate. LOW int's. But only 6 feet tall (like Vick, Brees, and Garcia). But most importantly HE HAS ATTITUDE! Pennington, Palmer, Rothlesberger have IT! Marino and Namath had it also. ATTITUDE counts when the game in on the line. The one quality I liked about Plummer was his attitude. But his football smarts were questionable. Dinwiddie has smarts, accuracy (like Pennington) and ATTITUDE.

Are you a Broncos fan? As in BSU Broncos? :thumbup:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tashunca said:

He's got a really weak arm though, scouts that worked him out said he just can't play in the NFL with that arm.

He lit it up in college but that system is sort of a gimmick, much like Timmy Chang at Hawaii, great numbers but NFL scouts don't think much of him.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bringing back Plummer would be like getting back with your ex-wife because you can't get laid by any other chicks

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tashunca said:
Ryan made everybody around him play better. A quarterback is a field GENERAL. Pennington is suppose to have a "weak" arm too. But he ALWAYS scores in the redzone! Check out http://www.azcardinal.com/04DQB.htm

Yes I know Jeff Gollin was high on Dinwiddie.

Here's just one pre draft report on him.

Weaknesses:
Leaves a lot to be desired with his throws. Arm strength is marginal at best. Has no experience running a pro-style type offense as he has run out of a spread offense for his entire collegiate career. Is very undersized by NFL standards (6-0, 170) and while he showcases some mobility, he is not a very fast scrambling quarterback. Doesn't have great arm strength to throw the long pass patterns. Has poor pocket presence. Stats in college were impressive, but suspect as he benefited from a pass based offense.

Bottom Line:
Dinwiddie likely will not be drafted, and if he is it won't occur until late in day number two. He has a lot of good intangibles, but his size will make teams shy away from him on draft day. Likely will have to prove himself in Europe or the CFL before he gets his shot in the NFL, but if there is a guy that can take that long road to the pros - it would be Dinwiddie.

Pretty much all of them say the same thing too small, not enough arm.

he's the kind of guy you wouldn't mind having on your practice squad, Chris Lewis is only there because he played at Stanford, but I certainly wouldn't bank on Dinwiddie being the guy at QB next year or anytime soon.