Hopkins' Contract

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
His hamstrings are starting to go due to his running style, which can lead to knee injuries since it's all connected. He'll miss 2-4 games a season minimum going forward. You can't fix aging unless you want to cheat and he is another failed test from a year long suspension. So pick your poison with continuing to pay him top WR money.
This, when age catches up to your hamstrings you can fall of the proverbial cliff quickly

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t see his age as a factor. Speed was never his game. He has great hands and the best body control of most any current receivers. He’s a sure thing with his catch radius and those are rare.
Just like folks didn't see age as a factor for AJ Green lol You can say you don't see age as a factor, but that means nothing. Age is always a factor, father time is undefeated, and even though Nuk isn't a burner type, he is heading into his twilight years in the NFL. We all know this. The question is if we end up with nothing because he declines in a few years, versus the possibility he has 3-5 top years left. Top years, not so-so years, because otherwise the value isn't there.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I expect fan attendance this season to be dismal. What exactly is going to excite people to show up? People won't care that the team might be better in a couple years. So home games will probably seem like Road games much of the year with their fans outnumbering ours. On the plus side, the team plays better on the road recently. (Sigh)

Perhaps the team can do what the Jags did back in 2013 and offer free beer to try and get some people to show up I guess.
Rebuilds are a lot more fun than the crap we've been watching the past couple years with fat man as our gm. The more serious fans will be excited.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
D-Hop is a Hall of Famer. Despite the recent PEDs suspension, he is one of the best to ever play the position, but he leaves a lot lacking compared to Fitz. Yeah, that is how special Larry Fitzgerald was and thank you to the late Denny Green and Rod Graves for drafting him and one hell of a draft in general. Quite simple, no matter all the crap as fans we have had to put up with this franchise of mediocrity, Larry is the greatest thing to happen to this team even more than the Super Bowl appearance and he was in that too. People will talk about Montana and Brady, and Rice and Fitzegerald (a guy who never won a freaking Super Bowl, think about that). It will not break my heart to see D-hop go because frankly Anquan Boldin was more of a Cardinal than he ever was, but at his age and cap hit... yeah, as a Cardinal fan I am putting immense faith in Monti to do something Keim could not, DRAFT!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ramsey just got traded for a 3rd. I'm guessing this is a similar trade package as what we will get for Nuk.

Such a bad trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Since speed was never his game, that just means a slow Hopkins will get even slower.
Yup. I’ve never understood people discounting speed because a guy started out slower. It means his barely adequate speed deteriorates to the point of being a detriment instead of taking an advantage and it deteriorating to being merely pedestrian.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just like folks didn't see age as a factor for AJ Green lol You can say you don't see age as a factor, but that means nothing. Age is always a factor, father time is undefeated, and even though Nuk isn't a burner type, he is heading into his twilight years in the NFL. We all know this. The question is if we end up with nothing because he declines in a few years, versus the possibility he has 3-5 top years left. Top years, not so-so years, because otherwise the value isn't there.
We’re stacking up a bunch of “time will tells”

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re stacking up a bunch of “time will tells”
Even if he has another 1-2 years ahead of really good play it’s honestly pointless on this team as it stands now. Gain the assets and move on. Always better a lil too early than too late. Eat the cost and move on from a guy that clearly doesn’t want to be here either.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Even if he has another 1-2 years ahead of really good play it’s honestly pointless on this team as it stands now. Gain the assets and move on. Always better a lil too early than too late. Eat the cost and move on from a guy that clearly doesn’t want to be here either.
Yes. This is what a rebuild looks like. Hopkins, Conner, Ertz all need to go. Budda is an edge case.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yes. This is what a rebuild looks like. Hopkins, Conner, Ertz all need to go. Budda is an edge case.
If they go full rebuild you might as well count on 4 years. Murray wouldn’t improve. So you’d still get a significant hit dumping him in 2 years. Then draft a QB that will take 2 more to develop, assuming everything else goes right.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they go full rebuild you might as well count on 4 years. Murray wouldn’t improve. So you’d still get a significant hit dumping him in 2 years. Then draft a QB that will take 2 more to develop, assuming everything else goes right.
Damn Harry I'm 80 years old and can't wait for a 4 year rebuild. We need to be playoff competitive in 2024 with Murray. Bottom line is that GM Monti needs to hire you as his senior advisor. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson