Hopkins' Contract

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
This team is pathetic. 3 more years of Prime Hopkins is worth more than a late 1st. This season will be hard to watch.

I expect fan attendance this season to be dismal. What exactly is going to excite people to show up? People won't care that the team might be better in a couple years. So home games will probably seem like Road games much of the year with their fans outnumbering ours. On the plus side, the team plays better on the road recently. (Sigh)

Perhaps the team can do what the Jags did back in 2013 and offer free beer to try and get some people to show up I guess.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think it will.. never was a speed burner. Looked fully recovered last year. Easily see him as a #1/top end #2 WR for the next 3 years before dropping off.
Very, very few WR can produce at a top level at that age. I have my doubts. If we do keep him around, I hope you're right. If we don't, then yeah, he can fall off a cliff lol

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very, very few WR can produce at a top level at that age. I have my doubts. If we do keep him around, I hope you're right. If we don't, then yeah, he can fall off a cliff lol
Hard to say he’s hasn’t been a top 5 WR over the last 8 years. He hasn’t suffered the injuries a La a Julio Jones. It would truly have to be a he’s a elite today and wakes up tomorrow not elite.

Do I think he will decline from next season to year 3? Sure.. likely some. But pretty sure we could say that about Devante Adams as well. Do I think Devante and Deandre will be better than 90% of late first/second round WRs over the next 3 years? Absolutely… and in todays NFL that means a lot bc the elite RC WRs are producing year 1 contrary to the “old” NFL.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Marvin Harrison was a 34 year old first team all-pro. How diff do you think Hopkins is? Harrison certainly wasn’t a speed burner…elite route runner who never took big hits. Similar to Hopkins no?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we have a healthy QB then you consider keeping Hop. Next year is reset year for the most part. Trade him and get the pick(s).

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don’t see his age as a factor. Speed was never his game. He has great hands and the best body control of most any current receivers. He’s a sure thing with his catch radius and those are rare.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see his age as a factor. Speed was never his game. He has great hands and the best body control of most any current receivers. He’s a sure thing with his catch radius and those are rare.

Same. I think Hop has more longevity than most due to his play style and how hard he works out and looks after himself. I can see him having a Fitz type career.

Worst case couple more years outside then a great slot.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His hamstrings are starting to go due to his running style, which can lead to knee injuries since it's all connected. He'll miss 2-4 games a season minimum going forward. You can't fix aging unless you want to cheat and he is another failed test from a year long suspension. So pick your poison with continuing to pay him top WR money.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since speed was never his game, that just means a slow Hopkins will get even slower.
Yeah the same could be said about Markus Golden, even if his level is far behind Hopkins
Slow guys getting slower with age, sometimes people came up with Jerry Rice as comparisons but this is a rare case

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the same could be said about Markus Golden, even if his level is far behind Hopkins
Well he’s not a Cardinal anymore for that reason.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you extrapolate the games after his suspension to a full season, he is still clearly a top receiver.
11.2 YPC and only 5-6 TDs for you is a top receiver in a season?

I understand the catches would be there but based on the above I’m not that impressed. I mean the occasional 1 hand 6 yard catch is cool I guess. He’s one pop away from being suspended for a year and has shown signs of being injury prone now. Time to unload him. Better too early than too late. Not to mention the fact that all signs point to him just not wanting to be here.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
11.2 YPC and only 5-6 TDs for you is a top receiver in a season?

I understand the catches would be there but based on the above I’m not that impressed. I mean the occasional 1 hand 6 yard catch is cool I guess. He’s one pop away from being suspended for a year and has shown signs of being injury prone now. Time to unload him. Better too early than too late. Not to mention the fact that all signs point to him just not wanting to be here.
You skipped the 717 yards, which I think was 3rd best for WRs playing in those same 9 games. It’s 1378 if he played 17 games. The TD total is in the same range as 2019-2021. He’s never been a scoring machine. His 1st down percentage is right in line with his career numbers. He’s always been a great possession receiver. He looks upper echelon to me.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ramsey just got traded for a 3rd. I'm guessing this is a similar trade package as what we will get for Nuk.
We get more. Only one team for Ramsey. At least 3 for DHop.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson