Has anyone gone online and got a free credit report?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wondering for those that went online and received a free credit report, does it give you your credit score?

A colleague at work told me I would be better off if I went online and paid for a credit report because it is more detailed and will give me my credit score. He also said it is not that expensive. Does anyone know a good site where I could purchase my credit report?

Thanks.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of the ones I have seen give you your score for free. I use freecreditreport.com & It's $15/month. However, you can sign up, get your stuff & cancel anytime, so it would just be the one time if you don't have reason to keep monitoring.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of the ones I have seen give you your score for free. I use freecreditreport.com & It's $15/month. However, you can sign up, get your stuff & cancel anytime, so it would just be the one time if you don't have reason to keep monitoring.

So after I get my score I could cancel it the next day and there are no penalties?

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
So after I get my score I could cancel it the next day and there are no penalties?
You can cancel it as soon as you receive your email or print off your info. Its a little bit of a task to cancel though. You have to call in but they don't try and talk you into staying with them or anything so its not all that bad just a pain having to call in.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can cancel it as soon as you receive your email or print off your info. Its a little bit of a task to cancel though. You have to call in but they don't try and talk you into staying with them or anything so its not all that bad just a pain having to call in.

Thanks.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have done this before, and they did try to talk me into not canceling. They dropped the price & I kept it for awhile. They were still very cool about it when I did eventually cancel.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some do.

I am currently using Credit Check Total. It does give you your credit score and a look at your score from all 3 bureaus. However, you are enrolled in a 14 day trial into Triple Advantage if you do not cancel, then it is $15 a month. I am keeping mine for the next few months because we are in the process of buying a house. With the trial, you can only pull your credit report one time.

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering for those that went online and received a free credit report, does it give you your credit score?

A colleague at work told me I would be better off if I went online and paid for a credit report because it is more detailed and will give me my credit score. He also said it is not that expensive. Does anyone know a good site where I could purchase my credit report?

Thanks.

annualcreditreport is the site setup to get/view for free from EACH of 3 major CBR's. However, it does NOT give you your FICO. You will have to pay for the FICO. I recommend freecreditreport.com. If you don't want to pay the 14.95 a month for alerts and score tracker, then make sure you call and cancel. They are pretty good about doing so. You might see it on your credit card statement as "triple advantage" some other variation that freecreditreport bills under on your CC statement BTW.

Personally, I think it's worth it to have the alerts, score tracker, etc..., but if you're concerned about becoming a victim of ID theft, just use annual credit report dot com and pull one CBR every 4 months to keep tabs on it.

If you just want to get your score, just pay the price it's worth IMO. Good luck.

Oh, and while we're on the topic, expect to see about a 20 point difference in your FICO between CBR's. I actually saw one today that was a 750 on one, and 800 on another but typically see about a 20 point difference (specifically between equifax and experian).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn