Friggin 9ers

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope Whiz learned his lesson last time, and from the way he has changed it up, I have some hope too this week.

9ers are relentless in their game plan, grind it out, eat that clock, not putting too much on Smith's shoulders and protecting him when they do. Their defense does the rest, and they don't let the offense lose the game.

Time of possession my man, if one team and their QB is throwing incomplete passes (even if they complete a good percentage), the 9ers will sit back and run the rock, control the clock, and eventually the scoreboard shows who's had the ball more. It's a good system, if the 9ers don't get to far behind, they stick to it and, well, they've only lost twice.

Whiz has to match run for run, tick for tick, and help Kob out without broadcasting every pass play. Beanie better be up to it because without him we lose this game. Hyphen getting the ball Westbrook style is nice and all but we need both styles to fade this whiner defense. If Whiz resorts back to the old system, we will generate no offense and our defense will be on their own.

Kob needs to stay in the pocket this week, 4 man rush minus their top gun says so. Harbaugh could get crazy with the blitz when we go shotgun, but why? He's thinking cover Larry and they are gold. Roberts and Early gotta step it up too and Kob has to find them.

So to sum it up, Kob has to not turn the ball over, Beanie has to have one of his better games, 3rd down receivers need to be ready. Our defense has to continue their aggressive play, shut down the frisco run.

If they put 2-3 guys on Larry, and we go play action pass, Kob will have open targets with time to get it there, let's just hope he can do it. He had a good game last week, but our QBs seem to get worse from game to game, we need Kevin Kob to break this, this hideous trend, this weekend, 9ers need to go down!

Last edited:
OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And I keep smelling a pick 6 for the Cardinals, but I'm thinking Harbaugh won't let Smith throw at Peterson too much. Someone else will dine on Alex's suckiness.
hastheball.gif

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2 back sets, pump fakes after establishing the sort hot routes, get the TEs involved, Hyphen needs to be included if we want to go spread, create some misdirection. Let's knock this train over, tired of this whiner cloud, stomp these fools.

Defense needs to show no respect, let them loose. I love it when people argue over who is better on our front line, means they are getting there. Really love me some DD right now and his disrupt the game without sweatin the street cred mentality. Our secondary has picked up their game, less cushion, because we can, Horton style.

Our house

SpaghettiWest

Reaction score
Our house this week, and Smith aint no Young/Montana. :)

That's for sure, but SI has him ranked pretty high in the QB standings:

Quote from Jim Trotter or SI

6. Alex Smith, 49ers: Thirty-eight pass attempts against the Cardinals. Thirty against the Giants. Thirty-two against the Lions. Yep, keep telling yourself he's just a game manager. You don't go into Sundays with a game plan to put the ball in the hands of Smith if you believe he's nothing more than a game manager.
The 49ers are 10-2 in part because Smith has come through when needed. His numbers aren't great -- 15 TDs, five INTs -- but it's due to the running game being strong and the receiving corps being suspect. (Ted Ginn Jr. is getting looks on the outside, for gosh sakes.) Smith ranks fourth among full-time starters with a 114.1 rating against the blitz (Tom Brady is seventh at 117.2) and he's one of only 10 passers (and five season-long starters) with a 100.0-plus fourth-quarter rating.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

6. Alex Smith, 49ers: Thirty-eight pass attempts against the Cardinals. Thirty against the Giants. Thirty-two against the Lions. Yep, keep telling yourself he's just a game manager. You don't go into Sundays with a game plan to put the ball in the hands of Smith if you believe he's nothing more than a game manager.
The 49ers are 10-2 in part because Smith has come through when needed. His numbers aren't great -- 15 TDs, five INTs -- but it's due to the running game being strong and the receiving corps being suspect. (Ted Ginn Jr. is getting looks on the outside, for gosh sakes.) Smith ranks fourth among full-time starters with a 114.1 rating against the blitz (Tom Brady is seventh at 117.2) and he's one of only 10 passers (and five season-long starters) with a 100.0-plus fourth-quarter rating.
That's what I said, Harbaugh does a good job at covering his suckiness and floating his little confidence, duh. I smell some nasty 9er fanny stuff going on here, I gotta family and a team to support so unless you got anything worth while...

Last edited:

SpaghettiWest

Reaction score
Haha, true but he's also ranked 7 on the Top QB list this year statistically. I'm actually pretty surprised with his performance thus far. I've always liked the kid but he's definitely been a disappointment up until now. With that said, I'm really glad we brought him back this year and I'm glad that he's beginning to perform up to his potential.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Haha, true but he's also ranked 7 on the Top QB list this year statistically. I'm actually pretty surprised with his performance thus far. I've always liked the kid but he's definitely been a disappointment up until now. With that said, I'm really glad we brought him back this year and I'm glad that he's beginning to perform up to his potential.
Harbaugh has done wonders, Smith is earning his check, that is all you get frisco fan boy...no soup for you! :)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Talk about slanting things to fit you argument. Trotter forgot to mention that in those 32 attempts against Detroit Smith threw for a whopping 125 yards. Against NY, Gore injured his knee (6 carries) so the gameplane had to be adjusted. For some reason, he seems to always play well against the Cards but anybody who watched that game knows Smith had some atrocious throws and really wasn't the reason they won. His rating in that game was only 81. I hope Harbaugh starts putting the game plan on Smith. That can only be a good thing for the Cards.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith ranks fourth among full-time starters with a 114.1 rating against the blitz (Tom Brady is seventh at 117.2)
Can someone explain to me how Smith is 4th w/114.1, and Brady is 7th (3 spots lower) with 117.2 (three points higher)?

Am I reading this wrong somehow?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how Smith is 4th w/114.1, and Brady is 7th (3 spots lower) with 117.2 (three points higher)?

Am I reading this wrong somehow?

Spaghetti westerns are Italian, and Italy uses the metric system.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals knock Smith out of the game with the shots they have been giving QB's lately.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Talk about slanting things to fit you argument. Trotter forgot to mention that in those 32 attempts against Detroit Smith threw for a whopping 125 yards. Against NY, Gore injured his knee (6 carries) so the gameplane had to be adjusted. For some reason, he seems to always play well against the Cards but anybody who watched that game knows Smith had some atrocious throws and really wasn't the reason they won. His rating in that game was only 81. I hope Harbaugh starts putting the game plan on Smith. That can only be a good thing for the Cards.
Not really. No Braylon Edwards or Joshua Morgan for that game and yet you still ask smith to throw the ball 32 times. Michael Crabtree was still injured (foot) but he still played. I don't think you ask a game manager to throw 32 times with a depleted receiving corps.
As for the Giants Game....the 49ers came out throwing to start the game. NYG plan was to stop the run.
Gradually Harbaugh has asked Alex Smith do more and more as the season has gone on.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Not really. No Braylon Edwards or Joshua Morgan for that game and yet you still ask smith to throw the ball 32 times. Michael Crabtree was still injured (foot) but he still played. I don't think you ask a game manager to throw 32 times with a depleted receiving corps.
As for the Giants Game....the 49ers came out throwing to start the game. NYG plan was to stop the run.
Gradually Harbaugh has asked Alex Smith do more and more as the season has gone on.
32 attempts for 125 yards is game managing.

But I'm all for your team turning to Alex Smith as the focal point. Take the reins off and let him loose to throw the ball all over the yard. Nothing would make Cards fans happier.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
32 attempts for 125 yards is game managing.

But I'm all for your team turning to Alex Smith as the focal point. Take the reins off and let him loose to throw the ball all over the yard. Nothing would make Cards fans happier.
You're ignoring the point that Jim Trotter and I are making....
As for the Detroit game...Alex managed the game well and ended up throwing the game winning touchdown.

As long as Alex Smith is leading the teams to wins...I'm not really concerned about the yardage.

Fitzy11

Reaction score

I remember watching the NY-SF game, the Giants were stacking the box against the 9ers and forcing Smith to beat them. They were having 9 guys in the box on every play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson